“Great fishing trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

West Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The day float trip down the Colorado River was arranged thru Cutthroat Anglers in Silverthorne, CO. Caught a bunch and missed a few as well. Nothing better than the 18" brown & 20" rainbow. My guide, Jared Hawn had the patience of Job teaching me the art of fly fishing Planning on doing it again when I return next year.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Greg W

Austin,TX
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome float trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I booked a half day float trip with Jared and it was incredible. It was my first time fly fishing from a boat and I couldn't have asked for a better guide. I caught a few good browns and rainbows and lost a few due to my own mistakes. He was patient and very helpful, rowed his butt off, and I learned a ton and had a blast. I will be back. The day started out a bit cold, as so we planned the start a bit later in the morning and the day warmed up nicely. Jared even paid attention to my travel schedule, making sure that he had me back in time to make my flight. A++

Visited October 2013
3 Thank originalsix
Silverthorne, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Fly Fishing Store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a great shop. Everything you need in fly fishing gear and supplies. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. I have not used the guide service, but hear great things about it. It is our favorite shop.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tom S
CutthroatAnglers, Manager at Cutthroat Anglers, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you (and everyone else) for taking the time to write such great reviews! We truly appreciate all of you that stop into our shop. We are very pleased to see that we have provided such a positive shopping/fishing experience for you all and as always we appreciate any suggestions that you would have to make your experience even better!
Littleton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Cutthroat Anglers Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I fish many times a year around the West, and despite living in proximity to excellent fly fishing water, I am now passing up solo opportunities closer to home to take guided trips with Cutthroat Anglers. My past experience with other guides and other fly shops has not been so memorable -- for a long time I avoided guided trips because of this -- but after several float trips with Cutthroat, it is apparent to my wife and friends that I am hooked. This is a class outfit that takes great care of their clients. Importantly, they work hard, and they know the water, the weather, and the bugs. Reed Ryan consistently gets my fishing buddies and me into more fish than we can manage, but we land enough to generate plenty of confirmatory pictures and ear-to-ear grins. I recommend the experience of a full day float trip if you can swing it. If there is any criticism, they make it too easy to book a trip and catch fish until your arm is sore. So no doubt the staff at Cutthroat will see me again.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank John R
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Recently, I entertained 8 clients and coworkers in Silverthorne for the sole purpose of fly fishing. There is no other place in the area that treats you like a "rock star" than at Cutthroat. The guides are awesome and the attention to detail and experiences for the "rookie" fly fisherman was a wonderful experience for my guests. This was my 6th time to have the honor of fishing at Cutthroat and with the one and only Reed Ryan, which I must say is a great guide, fisherman and now someone I can call friend. Jimi, Brandon, Adam, Matt were great guides as well and my clients and coworkers had a blast on the river. If you want the best fly fishing experience in Colorado, you have to go to Cutthorat.

George J