“Very disappointing”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Our stay was very disappointing after reading the many positive reviews. When we arrived we were told the pool was closed. The staff was very nice, provided us with different options and very apologetic. Since I search for indoor pools this was our first negative about our stay.
Our room was average, actually a bit on the small side. I kept bumping into the corners of the bed when I walked past the desk. The chair by the desk was way too big for the small space. The TV hutch had lots of bare spots, the windows were grayish from dirt and though the room looked fine the popcorn ceiling made it look very outdated.
The bathroom was very small. We also had problems with the toilet overflowing. When I called the front desk the girl said there was no one there at the time to take care if it but would send someone when they came in. This was around 8:30 in the morning.
Breakfast was nothing to write home about. The muffins and rolls were stale or still cold from being in the freezer. Breakfast is only till 9:00am but clean up of breakfast started prior to 9:00am.
The only positive and it is a good positive is that the place was clean.
There are other options in Silverthorne and I will check them out next time we visit the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Josie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Durango
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the most stylish La Quinta I've every stayed at with a beautiful stone and tile lobby and very large, nicely decorated breakfast area. The room was in the new La Quinta look that included a 4'x 3' area behind the entry door to stow skis and boots. The closet doors were the cheap plastic hollow core type and the tub/shower and toilet area was barely big enough to step out of the shower and not stub your toe on the door.
My only real complaint, though - and it's a biggie - is I got a crummy night's sleep due to the oppressive road noise from Interstate 70 if you want leave the window open and enjoy the cool mountain breeze. The other choice was a noisy AC unit on wheels that sat in a corner of my 5th floor room. Here's my theory: the original developer thought AC wasn't needed at 8,800 feet in the Rockies. True unless you're next to an interstate. When guests complained they had to keep the windows closed due to the noise, they installed these cheap, loud, standalone AC units instead of replacing the wall mount heaters with combination heat/AC units. Beds were comfy with extra pillows. Good thing, because the only way I could sleep was with a pillow on top of my head as a noise blocker. Shame on me for not requesting a room on the northwest side of the hotel right after check in, which was probably quieter. In the winter, this hotel would be a great stay.

Room Tip: In the summer, avoid at all costs a room on the southeast side of the hotel, facing the interstate...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Durango, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Most friendly staff all around to people and pets. Pool, hot tub, breakfast, laundry. Great location with walking trails everywhere. Very close to shopping, interstate, dining. We stayed there for a long time, felt like home, was almost sad to leave. Thank You all for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with many plusses: helpful desk clerks, clean and attractive spaces, a great bed and pillows, an indoor pool and jacuzzi open 'til 11, a restaurant that serves meals 'til 11, a bar open 'til midnight, nice location, etc. However, there was one major drawback and it's a huge one: the temperature in our room was stuck at 81 most of the time we were there. My boyfriend's assessment is that we are too old and technologically inept to figure out the A/C. I'm not convinced. However, even if he's right, why should the A/C be so difficult to run that the average person can't operate it? We got this room for a highly reduced rate through Hotwire, and I'm wondering if the A/C problem is the reason. If I had paid the full rate, I would have been furious.

To the hotel management--if you're reading this review, please check the A/C in room 309. It seems to be trying to put out cool air, but never achieves a temp lower than 77 and then resets itself to 81.

Room Tip: Before checking in, ask the desk clerk if there are rooms which do NOT have an air conditioning prob...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a fine place to stay. It isn't new but I think people are too in love with new places. The bed was a little uncomfortable. The breakfast was the standard bad for you food, high calorie, high fat and everything was served on styrofoam. But that is standard for this industry. Good location next to the shopping outlets and walk along the creek. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room we had was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast bar was ... so-so. It was a little unusual to see the hotel staff eating behind the counter area while guests were still in the breakfast room. Overall, though, worth the stay. I was unaware of the ending time for the continental breakfast so, despite my request, no waffle mix for late arrivals. Get there early. It will be wrapped up at the stroke of 10 AM, no exceptions.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
#2 of 13 in Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Dillon
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!