La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Colorado
“Just O.K.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed for the second time just passing through. The hotel is old and needs some refurbishing. The rooms are adequate but pretty tired and worn. The portable room AC/heat units in the corner of the rooms are not what you would expect in this type of hotel, pretty cheesy. The baths are old and could use upgrading. The shower went from hot to cold and everything in between on it's own. The wifi is very weak in the rooms, you need to go the common areas in the halls to get a decent signal. There is and Old Chicago restaurant in the same building which is convenient. If this was a very low priced budget hotel it would be O.K but overall for what they charge this is not a very good deal, I will likely choose another property next time through.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RoadtripperColorado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Red Bluff, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

At first glance everything looks okay, with the exception of the very, very tiny and poorly lit bathroom. Our linens seemed clean in our top floor highway facing room. Indoor pool was warm and appeared mostly clean. Water level was about 8-12" low, didn't even reach tile trim. Water feature in pool area was empty, and ceramic figurines that were sitting on display were broken with pieces just laid in a pile. Be careful of large lip between tile floor and hot tub. Hurt my foot on it twice! Chair legs were rusting with piles of rust around them on the floor. Live Plants in windows were covered with big chunks of either dust or mold. Bathroom off pool area is also the public use bathroom for the lobby. Nasty, rusting, trashy, standing water on floor. Storage room doors left ajar, ice/vending room on 6th floor had a drain cover that was bent up on the floor, a tripping hazard. Floor heater in hall pulling away from wall. A/C "extra unit" on wheels in room did not cool room! Open window didn't help much either despite overnight temps in the 40's. Couldn't hear highway noise over the loud a/c unit, I guess that was a plus! Also couldn't hear the television over the a/c unit. Volume appeared to be limited at 25, although appeared it should be able to go higher.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenna L

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I traveled with our two dogs.
The staff was friendly and efficient. They even treated the dogs like they were guests!
I would stay here again!
It is within walking distance to the outlet shops, several places to eat and hiking trails.
The view from our window was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Temple, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I also had some of the problems that the previous poster had. I reserved a king room on a high floor with a mountain view. I received all of that and was very happy. I felt like the room was very nice and the bed and tv were great. There was a very large refrigerator in the room with a mini freezer. I thought breakfast was great. Three different kinds of rolls and all were fresh. Cereal, waffles and fruit.

Now for the negatives. On the first day the toilet would not flush and an electrical outlet was not working so that the coffee maker had to be moved to another outlet and that lamp was not working. I reported it that morning. When I returned about 3:30 from hiking I discovered that my room had not been cleaned and the toilet still would not flush. The electrical outlet had been repaired.

I immediately notified the front desk. The person claimed that the toilet had been repaired. I asked her if she wanted to come up and look at it. She said she would call maintenance. As far as the room not being cleaned all she offered was towels. I asked her if she would have housekeeping clean the room. Housekeeping finally came at 4:30. Maintenance also came at 4:30. I was in the hallway and when he came out he again insisted that it was working properly. I had to take him back in and show him that it was not flushing. He finally repaired the handle.
No one from the hotel ever got back with me to ask if all was ok. I did learn that apparently the hotel thinks that they have until 5:00 to clean rooms.

Last night the a/c unit went out. Again this was reported this morning. When I returned it had not been fixed and no one from the hotel got back with me.

I am on the 5th floor and probably on 3 of the 5 days housekeeping has not finished cleaning this floor until between 4:00 and 5:00

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank roy p
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Our stay was very disappointing after reading the many positive reviews. When we arrived we were told the pool was closed. The staff was very nice, provided us with different options and very apologetic. Since I search for indoor pools this was our first negative about our stay.
Our room was average, actually a bit on the small side. I kept bumping into the corners of the bed when I walked past the desk. The chair by the desk was way too big for the small space. The TV hutch had lots of bare spots, the windows were grayish from dirt and though the room looked fine the popcorn ceiling made it look very outdated.
The bathroom was very small. We also had problems with the toilet overflowing. When I called the front desk the girl said there was no one there at the time to take care if it but would send someone when they came in. This was around 8:30 in the morning.
Breakfast was nothing to write home about. The muffins and rolls were stale or still cold from being in the freezer. Breakfast is only till 9:00am but clean up of breakfast started prior to 9:00am.
The only positive and it is a good positive is that the place was clean.
There are other options in Silverthorne and I will check them out next time we visit the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Josie K
Durango
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the most stylish La Quinta I've every stayed at with a beautiful stone and tile lobby and very large, nicely decorated breakfast area. The room was in the new La Quinta look that included a 4'x 3' area behind the entry door to stow skis and boots. The closet doors were the cheap plastic hollow core type and the tub/shower and toilet area was barely big enough to step out of the shower and not stub your toe on the door.
My only real complaint, though - and it's a biggie - is I got a crummy night's sleep due to the oppressive road noise from Interstate 70 if you want leave the window open and enjoy the cool mountain breeze. The other choice was a noisy AC unit on wheels that sat in a corner of my 5th floor room. Here's my theory: the original developer thought AC wasn't needed at 8,800 feet in the Rockies. True unless you're next to an interstate. When guests complained they had to keep the windows closed due to the noise, they installed these cheap, loud, standalone AC units instead of replacing the wall mount heaters with combination heat/AC units. Beds were comfy with extra pillows. Good thing, because the only way I could sleep was with a pillow on top of my head as a noise blocker. Shame on me for not requesting a room on the northwest side of the hotel right after check in, which was probably quieter. In the winter, this hotel would be a great stay.

Room Tip: In the summer, avoid at all costs a room on the southeast side of the hotel, facing the interstate...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Most friendly staff all around to people and pets. Pool, hot tub, breakfast, laundry. Great location with walking trails everywhere. Very close to shopping, interstate, dining. We stayed there for a long time, felt like home, was almost sad to leave. Thank You all for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Quality Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!