1. When I made the reservation, I requested no feathers of any kind in the room since I am very allergic to feathers. 5 of the 6 pillows were feather pillows. When I took the feather pillows to the desk, I was told "we have no feather pillows in our hotel." I was told this WHILE the pillows were laying on the front desk. 2. The a/c did not work and the room was over 85 degrees. "Open the window" was the desk clerks response. There was a huge A/C unit on the roof right outside the window that was extremely loud right outside the window. What can you expect for $109 per night? Do you really expect a cool comfortable room, then shame on you. 3. The next AM I requested a room with a working A/c. Shame on me for requesting that. I did receive an excellent education on how NOT to treat guests. As each new guest would approach the desk, the clerk would leave trying to resolve my problem and address this new guest's problem. Most of these guests also had A/c that did not work. The desk clerk handled over 20 different people before "resolving" my problem. Many of these guest said "he (referring to me) was here first" still the clerk would leave me to go take care of these new people. 4. The new room did have an A/c that blew cold air, BUT it did not have enough BTU capacity to cool down the room. But this room was on the 5th floor and so we could open the windows and as LONG AS WE LEFT THE ROOM DOOR OPEN the room would stay cool enough to sleep. This new room cost $136 per night. Can you reasonably expect to get a cool comfortable place to sleep for $135 per night? 5. The new room also had feather pillows. Same song and dance. I take 5 feather pillows and lay them on the front desk, they tell me "we have no feather pillows in our hotel, we changed them all for some kind of gel pillows." 6. They saved the best surprise for last! I woke up the 2nd AM with my eyes swollen shut. After removing the bedspread from the 2nd bed, I find a feather duvet hiding under the mattress. Pretty good joke right? I did learn that if you YELL and CUSS the front desk will give you a discount on your bill. I firmly believe that you should not have to yell and cuss to get good customer service. If you are forced to YELL and CUSS to get the front desk to address any problem then this proves there is no customer service. But then again, what can you expect for $109 and $136 per night?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six-story Lodge off Highway 9 at I-70, adjacent to the factory outlet malls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Silverthorne Dillon
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne Dillon Hotel Silverthorne
- La Quinta Silverthorne
- Silverthorne La Quinta