“Interesting learning experience”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Abilene, Texas, USA
“Interesting learning experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

1. When I made the reservation, I requested no feathers of any kind in the room since I am very allergic to feathers. 5 of the 6 pillows were feather pillows. When I took the feather pillows to the desk, I was told "we have no feather pillows in our hotel." I was told this WHILE the pillows were laying on the front desk. 2. The a/c did not work and the room was over 85 degrees. "Open the window" was the desk clerks response. There was a huge A/C unit on the roof right outside the window that was extremely loud right outside the window. What can you expect for $109 per night? Do you really expect a cool comfortable room, then shame on you. 3. The next AM I requested a room with a working A/c. Shame on me for requesting that. I did receive an excellent education on how NOT to treat guests. As each new guest would approach the desk, the clerk would leave trying to resolve my problem and address this new guest's problem. Most of these guests also had A/c that did not work. The desk clerk handled over 20 different people before "resolving" my problem. Many of these guest said "he (referring to me) was here first" still the clerk would leave me to go take care of these new people. 4. The new room did have an A/c that blew cold air, BUT it did not have enough BTU capacity to cool down the room. But this room was on the 5th floor and so we could open the windows and as LONG AS WE LEFT THE ROOM DOOR OPEN the room would stay cool enough to sleep. This new room cost $136 per night. Can you reasonably expect to get a cool comfortable place to sleep for $135 per night? 5. The new room also had feather pillows. Same song and dance. I take 5 feather pillows and lay them on the front desk, they tell me "we have no feather pillows in our hotel, we changed them all for some kind of gel pillows." 6. They saved the best surprise for last! I woke up the 2nd AM with my eyes swollen shut. After removing the bedspread from the 2nd bed, I find a feather duvet hiding under the mattress. Pretty good joke right? I did learn that if you YELL and CUSS the front desk will give you a discount on your bill. I firmly believe that you should not have to yell and cuss to get good customer service. If you are forced to YELL and CUSS to get the front desk to address any problem then this proves there is no customer service. But then again, what can you expect for $109 and $136 per night?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank KineyDean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

There were no toiletries, even at the front desk. Breakfast was stale and dried out. Only carbs, unless you like old boiled eggs. Milk was sour..... Ick. Our window air unit did not keep the room cool. The refrigerator was warm... Terrible. Do not stay here. But, the bed was ok.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JTW700
TimSGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this review, 20 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Directly off Interstate 70, this hotel was perfect for our overnight stay. The Old Chicago restaurant adjacent to the hotel (interior access from the hotel) is convenient, especially in disagreeable weather.
The room on the top floor was excellent (loft bedroom with spiral staircase). Bathroom was small yet functional.
Free and plentiful parking is a bonus. The pool was pleasant and well-maintained, with a hot tub in the area with a scenic mountain-view window.
The breakfast area was large and inviting, with a nice plug-in bartop area perfect for laptop workers.
The only downside was the pull-out sofa, which was horribly uncomfortable even by pull-out standards.

Room Tip: Top floor is great for views, but might be sketchy for older adults or those with physical limitatio...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Fort collins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After having a horrible one night stay at another hotel in Friscos, my family and I decided to try this La Quinta. We have stayed with them in other states and never have been disappointed. This one was no different and the staff went above aand beyond to make up for our horrible first night in town at the other hotel. And even though we were in the pet rooms, they we clean and comfortable. The fact that they have an Old Chicago's built right in was even more awesome. We could go her some great food and drinks and it was all an elevator ride away. La Quinta has always proved to be a steadfast hotel that always gives you way more than what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice place with nicer than average furnishings and room size. Nice attractive interior. Onsite restaurant (Old Chicago) so don't have to drive after getting situated. Expanded continental breakfast to get you off in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Grand Junction, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Many hotels I have stayed at go above and beyond for the guest and make the whole process much more pleasant. All I heard was no's for everything from the staff and especially the management. First, my reservation was never recorded, and the discount i received when i made that reservation, they would not give me. and both through customer service and the front desk management were very unhelpful. Second, the guy who checked us in was extremely unprofessional, he was even belting his pants as he was talking to us, and looked high as a kite, and it took forever to check in. We wanted a little later of a check out, since we were going to a wedding later that afternoon, and they wouldn't budge, but they would charge us 40 bucks to do it, even though it was obvious it wasn't a busy time. The only good thing about this hotel was that it was clean, and the rooms were nice, and the beds were memory foam so very comfortable. But, I will actually probably not stay at a la quinta again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Lisa W
San Diego, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

For the price, this is an excellent choice. The bed is comfortable, with a choice of pillow types, the bathroom is nice and well stocked with towels and toiletries, and they serve a tasty breakfast with a wide variety of options. I would have rated it "excellent" but the room heating/air conditioning units are a little weak. Other than that, this is a reliably good place to stay when passing through Silverthorne.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Quality Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!