“Ideal location”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was staying here for a conference/workshop. I was required to stay at this location due to the conference. I would have changed hotels if I could have during the week. We had multiple problems with the room throughout the week. We had an overflowing toilet, which management determined was from the room above us. They did not address the bathroom immediately, but waited until later in the day. Our room was not cleaned until late in the afternoon (after 4:00) and not at all one day. We did not have toilet paper, and had to call/go to desk several times before toilet paper was provided. The front desk seemed to be on their own time schedule. They did not seem to think that any of the issues were a concern, as they did not respond in a timely manner. We only ate one morning at the complimentary breakfast, as the cream cheese for the bagels was a grainy consistency (as if it had been frozen and then defrosted). The variety for breakfast was primarily bread/cereal, and no protein. We stayed in a variety of La Quinta's on our trip out to Colorado, and this was one of the worst locations. Do not recommend to anyone staying in Silverthorne, CO.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pduran1234
A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was absolutely a very, very nice La Quinta!! I would recommend it to everyone!! The whole hotel was updated. The hotel staff was very pleasant! The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable! I looked out the window and had a beautiful view of the mountains which I enjoyed very much! The breakfast was really good to with waffle makers!! The bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We frequently stay at La Quinta due to their pet policy. This was the worst of the 15 or so we've been to. It's an older building with a nice lobby but small uncomfortable rooms. The bathroom had an old dated toilet and shower, with no ventilation. The AC was broken. The sheets and towels were a dingy gray. We did have a really nice view of the ratty rooftop AC on a slow summer weekend though. For $150+ a night you might want to look into condo rentals in the area, if you have pets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was so under par it was awful. It really needs to be closed and have a total overhall. The elevators are so small you can just about get two people and a cart in them. The rooms and amenities were so disappointing for a hotel that I have stayed in in other cities and has been quite nice. There was only a portable air conditioner in the room and the temperature was in the high 80's. Worst part it was not cheap. The breakfast in the am was not good, we went somewhere else. The front desk person was so aloof that she thought I was someone else who had lost her keys when I went to checkout. I will never stay there again. In fact everytime I go through Silverthorne I will shiver from now on! Ugh!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginny G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I have stayed here several times over the years and have had mixed experiences. This one however, put me over the top and I will not be staying and/or supporting any other La Quinta property again in the future.

7/12/14: My friend and I did a 120 mile bike ride with over 11.000 feet of climbing, needless to say we were beat and needed rest. My nephew came along to drive us around. I made a call to the front desk to see if I could get a cot for the 3rd person that was staying with us in the room. I was told by the nighttime attendant that cots were not allowed due to fire hazard. I had requested at the time of booking for 3 people and a room with a sleeper sofa. When I explained to the nighttime attendant he said he could do noting about it and suggested that one of us sleep on the floor....(blink, blink). I again explained I had not received the booking I had reserved. The attendant didn't acknowledge my statement but reinforced that no cots were allowed due to fire hazard. I responded that I understood him the first time he stated such, thanked him for the wonderful customer service and stated I was displeased with him.

We head to dinner down stairs at the old Chicago, it was very good and service was great. We walked back upstairs to our room and found the keys didn't work. I go to the front desk, explain that my keys were not working. The nighttime attendant states, "Oh great, Mr. A, I wanted to talk to you about the cot situation...." I lost it at this point. Are you telling me you canceled my key to my room so I was forced to come talk to you about a situation that I've already explained I understood your policy about cots. He stated he wanted to talk some more about this. I was livid. I stated that I could careless about his opinion and to please re code my keys so I could get some rest.

Then, proceed to Monday morning 7/14/14, I find that double charged for the room. I made a call to the hotel 970-468-6200, numerous times. i finally got a person to answer the phone and explained I was double charged. He stated "it happened a lot this weekend" Great!!! Well I gave my name contact number etc to get the refund. I was told a manager would call me in an hour or so, 4hrs past. nothing. I call and call back, no answer. I Call corporate give them my info and i'm currently waiting for a call back from their management team to process my refund.

I travel a lot for work and stay in hotel rooms 10+ nights a week, never have I have such issues and or experienced such unprofessional behavior.

Cliffs: You get what you pay or and then some, if I were you I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Close to the interstate. Friendly staff. Welcomed our dog without problems. Quiet & comfortable rooms - had a good sleep. Good breakfast. In the mountains & not as 'busy' as other nearby cities (Aspen, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
TimSGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your wonderful comments with our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 7 in Keystone

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!