La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It's not the Hilton...but what would you expect!! It's La Quinta!! Spanish for "Not the Hilton, so don't expect the Hilton!" I find it funny the negative comments about this hotel!! They are all over the place of expecting a 5 star resort!

Rooms were clean! Breakfast was nice! Spacious rooms! Old Chicago Stays open to 11...I did not go there! But just for reference!

My negatives would be that I thought the pillows were pretty much THIN! They squished way too small for my liking!

Room Tip: Top floor with great mountain views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hotel looks like it was "big time" years ago, but tiles are missing on the hall walls,
There is a huge air handling system on the north side of the hotel which is very, very noisy.

The altitude can be a big factor.too.
The heat and air conditioning both come from a stand up four foot high unit that sits in a corner.
Without the usual wall controls, or built in air conditioner, you could miss it.

Room Tip: Insist you get a room on the OTHER SIDE from the air handling equipment.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay in LaQuintas about 30 nights a year and this one is the worst. Bugs in the room. When we arrived at 5 pm they were not sure if they had any clean rooms. I am elite but had to ask for the bottled water I am supposed to get upon check in. Toilet kept running. Air is an in room unit that never cooled the room. Water never got warmer than luke warm. Was told this is an "historic building" so they can not update it! It needs to be leveled. There is nothing historic about this 1960s era craphole! Business center computer went off line a few times and I lost work. And it was beastly hot in there ( with only 1 of 2 computers even working). NO redeeming features of this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TimSGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Dirty-poor service-run down

I cannot think of any redeeming quality associated with this hotel except its location.
Needs to be remodeled and or cleaned and some staff training would be good.
I have stayed in a number of La Quinta hotels and never experienced on like this.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Came back to the room second night around 6:00 pm and the room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk to ask what the problem was and the girl at the desk said "I'm so sorry" 4 or 5 times and said the cleaning crew was gone for the day. She asked if I needed towels and I said yes, she brought me a couple wash rags and hand towels and said she would bring bath towels to my room.

We never got the towels.

If we would have known the room wasn't going to be cleaned or we wouldn't have any clean towels we would have cleaned up ourselves and hung up the towels to use the next day.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tjquick
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Unlike a few more recent reviews, we found this hotel to be more than adequate for our needs. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful; accommodations were comfortable and we did not experience any of the smoking concerns that others had mentioned; Old Chicago is connected to the hotel and was open during the evening so late arrivals like us could get a meal...and their employees were most pleasant and friendly as well. Breakfast in the morning had a variety of of items including waffles, fruit, bagels, yogurt & cereal. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel does an amazing pet business, but was clean and well kept. Rooms were large and nice. Overall it was a good stay. Good location for getting around the area. Hotel staff was friendly and quick.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 7 in Keystone

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!