“Best Customer Service I Have EVER Encountered!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Not only was the staff professional and responsive with all my needs during my stay, they came through in a clutch move! Me being the absent minded traveler, left two VERY expensive dresses in my closet at the end of my stay. Not only were they expensive, but I was to wear one of them in a wedding the very next weekend. In San Francisco. Between my sobs, Keagan and Nick not only calmed me down, but reassured me that they were going to find those dresses. Well, they did it and overnighted me the dresses and I am not going to have to tell my friend that I lost my bridesmaid dress. Priceless. They made me feel like they genuinely cared for me and my stupid dresses! I can't thank them enough and I will be staying there again and again and again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Room was comfortable and clean, but their parking was terrible and the breakfast wasnt much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2010

requested a quiet room, which the desk clerk interpreted to mean on the end nearest to, and facing, I-70.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I was looking forward to this trip, and we were really excited about the family suite. The pictures on the website looked awesome.
In reality when we arrived, the front desk person was not behind the desk. When she finally showed up - she was short and unfriendly. A huge turn off right from the start. Oh well, we got over it. Then we got the keys to our suite. The family sute on the 4th floor. One elevator was broken so we had to wait a while for the other one. This whole place has a very "old" feel to it, and not in a good way.
The carpet is old and dirty, in the hallway and in the room.
The walls could use some paint or at least a good scrubbing.
The room: roomy, but out of style. The couch downstairs had a burn hole in it. The beds upstairs were as hard as rocks. I guess if you like a really firm mattress - you would like the beds here.
The rest of the hotel is also, old and needs of a refreshment/renovation or whatever.

The location of the hotel is good. Plenty of parking spaces.

I would say - I am not coming back here again. We did not like it enough to come back, which is a shame. We do like to travel. We also paid top money for this suite. Don't feel like the amunt we paid is fair. Oh well. Live and learn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank oshrat
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We had a room on fourth floor. There is a lounging area upon exiting the elevator. The hallway was clean. There is extra room in the entry way. There were towels folded into an origami swan above the sink. I was impressed with room. I liked the scent of the room which must be their cleaning spray.

The portable air conditioning unit didn't seem to cool the room enough. We opened the window to let fresh cool air in the room. There was no screen in the window we opened. I took pictures of the mountains from our room.

The indoor pool has a deep end. The water was cloudy and I couldn't see the bottom of the pool with my goggles. After swimming, we made a couple drinks in our room and went down to the patio. The patio area is large with metal chairs and tables with umbrellas.

I arrived in the breakfast area around 9:30AM. La Quinta always has the waffle mix for breakfast, but I didn't want to stand in line to make a waffle. I had a piece of wheat toast with jelly and half of a cherry muffin.

There were a lot of big dogs in the building. Guests with pets should be assigned to different floors from other guests that prefer not to be around animals. I don't want to sleep in a room that was occupied by dogs. I don't won't to be licked by dogs in the hallway. What happened to weight restrictions for pets in hotels?

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Once you've experienced the updated/remodeled La Quinta's this one just won't do...at least not for the price of $120/per night!! Wish we would have checked out other hotels in the area before we made our reservations. I was willing to pay a little more because we had stayed at an updated La Quinta in Moab, Utah and we loved it. When we checked in to the Silverthorne La Quinta it was obviously not updated. Our room was adequate but outdated. There was air conditioning, but it was a portable unit and didn't cool the room down as much as we would have liked. Our TV was a newer model in that it was flat screen, but our friends next door had an old school TV with horrible reception.
I don't know how they can justify charging $120 per night when you can stay in Super 8, Ramada, or many other hotels and received more bang for our buck.
Also, the front desk staff was borderline rude.
Not impressed! Won't stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

When my husband and I were passing through the Silverthorne/Dillon area close to midnight we decided it was time to take a break from driving (we'd been on the road for 14 hours). We tried a few other hotels before the La Quinta, but they would have cost us well over $100 for a short 8 hour stay. The night manager at the La Quinta was very friendly and got us checked in very quickly. I think he could tell that I was tired and since I was almost 30 weeks pregant at the time he probably felt sorry for me (or maybe he felt sorry for my husband)!
Anyway, the room was clean, nothing special, but more than adequate for our short stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 7 in Keystone

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!