“Great Place to Stay for Ski Trip but Don't Go With High Expectations!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Place to Stay for Ski Trip but Don't Go With High Expectations!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

We have stayed at this hotel several times on numerous ski trips with our family. We have 2 dogs so this is the perfect hotel when traveling with your animal family members. However--if you are not traveling with animals just know that you will probably see a lot of animals coming and going from the hotel. Also, I would not recommend this hotel for a "romantic getaway" or if you are looking for something luxurious.

Prices are great, breakfast is adequate. The best time to eat breakfast is either really early or later on once the ski/snowboard crowd has left. The breakfast area can get very, very crowded!

The pool and hot tub area are somewhat old and the pool is over-chlorinated. I was not about to get into the hot tub, as it had a dirty rim around the edge of the water. That didn't stop many adults from getting into the hot tub, though!

Old Chicago restaurant is actually attached to this hotel and it's a great place to go for dinner after coming in exhausted from a day of skiing and not wanting to drive somewhere!

Bottom line: it's a decent hotel when you need a clean room to sleep in and especially if you are traveling with animals. However, there are hotels in Silverthorne that are nicer than this but you will also be paying more!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank luvlifeandtravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Typical hotel. Lots of skiers here b/c it's such a central location. It was only 15 minutes away from Loveland. Breakfast was ok. Continental. If you need food, you'll eat. If you want to pay more for good food, then just go out for breakfast.

Dated hotel except for the lobby which was very inviting. Please paint the hallways another color other than white! Long white hallways and white doors. Imagine this happening at night while you are trying to sleep. That can be difficult unless you are really tired.

Pool was fine. The jacuzzi seemed a little dirty to me, but I didn't care.

Shower was weird. Very old waterpik head and the water kept going from hot to cold. Don't know what was wrong with their system or if it did that anytime someone flushed the toilet on the floor.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Gibbs, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

The price went up $30 a night so they could gouge customers more for that weekend. Check in was all right, but the clerk didn't ask if I was with the wedding party, which I was not. Instead she put us in a room directly over the ballroom. No amount of soundproofing allows you to get a good night's sleep when the music blares until 1 in the morning. When I complained, the desk clerk (a different person) just laughed my complaints off. The room was OK but not worth the price. Breakfast wasn't anything to brag about either.

Had we not stayed in the Denver airport LQ the night before I might have thought this cavalier attitude was normal for LQ. Instead the Denver folks bent over backwards to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

LQ usually sends a survey after you stay at one of their hotels. I wonder why the Silverthorne LQ didn't send us one. Hmmmm. I guess they forgot people check tripadvisor.com before booking rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

kelleycolleen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Not only was the staff professional and responsive with all my needs during my stay, they came through in a clutch move! Me being the absent minded traveler, left two VERY expensive dresses in my closet at the end of my stay. Not only were they expensive, but I was to wear one of them in a wedding the very next weekend. In San Francisco. Between my sobs, Keagan and Nick not only calmed me down, but reassured me that they were going to find those dresses. Well, they did it and overnighted me the dresses and I am not going to have to tell my friend that I lost my bridesmaid dress. Priceless. They made me feel like they genuinely cared for me and my stupid dresses! I can't thank them enough and I will be staying there again and again and again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Room was comfortable and clean, but their parking was terrible and the breakfast wasnt much.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

requested a quiet room, which the desk clerk interpreted to mean on the end nearest to, and facing, I-70.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

I was looking forward to this trip, and we were really excited about the family suite. The pictures on the website looked awesome.
In reality when we arrived, the front desk person was not behind the desk. When she finally showed up - she was short and unfriendly. A huge turn off right from the start. Oh well, we got over it. Then we got the keys to our suite. The family sute on the 4th floor. One elevator was broken so we had to wait a while for the other one. This whole place has a very "old" feel to it, and not in a good way.
The carpet is old and dirty, in the hallway and in the room.
The walls could use some paint or at least a good scrubbing.
The room: roomy, but out of style. The couch downstairs had a burn hole in it. The beds upstairs were as hard as rocks. I guess if you like a really firm mattress - you would like the beds here.
The rest of the hotel is also, old and needs of a refreshment/renovation or whatever.

The location of the hotel is good. Plenty of parking spaces.

I would say - I am not coming back here again. We did not like it enough to come back, which is a shame. We do like to travel. We also paid top money for this suite. Don't feel like the amunt we paid is fair. Oh well. Live and learn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank oshrat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Quality Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!