“Excellent Value Inn”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Carbondale, CO
“Excellent Value Inn”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Silver Inn is operated as a "european guesthaus" in the value/moderate price category. It is immaculately clean, has all amenities needed, nice simple cont. breakfast, and very friendly/helpful owners/staff. Great place to stay!!! .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I was pleased with the price, the friendly service and the clean room. Unfortunately the CONSTANT acrid smoke leaking into my non smoking room was intolerable. I was awakened at 1:22 am by fresh smoke coming in under the door and through vents. My clothes and hair reek. It's been decades since I've had this experience. I think this place must cater to smokers. Be careful if you think you're going to be able to overlook adjacent second hand smoke.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank JeannieChiliBeanie
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Nice budget minded hotel. Rooms were normal size with comfortable slightly harder beds but that's great for the back. Flat screen tv and wifi Internet. Quiet and not directly next to the hiway so no hiway noise. Breakfast was Danish and coffee or tea and some fruit . Overall this would suit my needs again for a night or two in the area if budget minded. Management friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Milan
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed 1 night beginning of August 2013 and found the hotel up to our expectations. Room was clean and cozy, breakfast was typical motel (muffins coffee, etc.) but acceptable. There is also a sauna which we did not use and large parking in front.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in Colorado, and stayed at the Silver Inn. It was a nice surprise! The check in was very friendly and efficient. The rooms were large and clean. The place must have been renovated very recently. The breakfast was minimal, but filling. And the price was great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rifle, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel was worth the money. I got in very late do to my flight being delay. I arrived at almost 2:00am. Upon my arrival the lady that check me in was very delightful. I asked her if it was possible to get a late check out. She said it would be no problem. When I got to my room it had a large king bed that was very comfortable. The room was welcoming and everything worked well. Upon my departure the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. He said something about me getting in so late and welcomed me to come back. This hotel was A! in my book!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Took the recommendations of my fellow Trip Advisor members and pulled into the Silver Inn on our way back to Denver. We didn't have a reservation, but we were quickly greeted and given a room. We had a first floor, non-smoking room with two queen beds. It was nicely furnished, nothing fancy, but functional. The area is quiet being nestled between a Target store and an Autozone. Once they closed, it was very peaceful and quiet. Our air conditioner didn't work well, but with 47 degrees outside, the open window did the trick. Be aware that this property does allow smoking. We had non-smoking rooms directly across the hallway from smoking, so it was a bit concerning at first. For this reason, I'll mark down the room rating a notch. However, once in our room, we had no issues with the smoke odor. You could stay in a more expensive property, but I don't think you'll find a better bargain for a clean, comfortable room that at the Silver Inn.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a non-smoking room away from smoking rooms to avoid stale smoke smells.