“The Best Place in Town!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Inn

Silver Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Houston, Texas
“The Best Place in Town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last week my wife and I drove from Salt Lake City, Utah to Silverthorne, Colorado, where we stayed four days. We made a reservation at the Silver Inn Hotel, which is located along the main street, and next to Target store. This is a mid-sized hotel with very reasonably-sized rooms, refrigerator, microwave, and large screen T.V. The bathroom is somewhat small but since we were only two persons, it worked out well. The hotel is so quiet that we slept like kings, amazing, we only had peaceful nights!!! On top of that, the king bed was the gem in the room!! one of the most comfortable beds we have slept on in our many vacation trips!!

Sophie, the hotel manager is a wonderful person, very friendly and helpful. Thanks to her advice, we traveled to Hot Sulphur Springs and had a great day at the thermal waters. She also suggested to visit the Arapaho Basin, particularly the Loveland Pass (11,990 ft. elevation) from where I took great photographs. Sophie also informed us about the free bus service between Silverthorne, Frisco, and Keystone ski resort towns, so we did not have to drive our own vehicle.

I strongly recommend the Silver Inn Hotel for the many reasons outlined above.

Room Tip: We always choose our room in the second floor. I feel that the Wi-Fi signal is quite weak in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank planetvisitor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. In the morning, they offer coffee, juice, bagels and muffins. Easy access from the interstate, and close to everything. Most important, a wonderful staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Gunnison, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

First, Silverthorne is an awful lovely little town - nestled in big mountains - small town charm. I am emotionally attached to this hotel because I had the worst drive of my life coming up the mountain pass just East of Silverthorne (rain, dark, fog, snow, hail) and, being out of my mind with fear, called the hotel front desk when I decided I wasn't going to make it down the other side. The woman (who was the same who handled my reservation and was at the desk my entire visit) was so kind and rational - I entirely credit her with giving me the courage to continue my drive down the mountain... very very slowly. We very nearly hugged when I finally arrived and she helped me carry my suitcases up to my room. Good people run this place. Budget hotel decor but the room was huge and had a couch. There was also a microwave, fridge, plug with extra outlets (very nice additional touch), and hair dryer. The wireless internet worked very well. The bed and pillows were unusually dense and comfortable. Breakfast was a simple affair but it was more real food than those run-of-the-mill same-old pre-packaged breakfasts you see in so many hotels nowadays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank OnlyHighways
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel provides a great value for the room. Everything worked in the room and it was very clean, but it's very basic with limited amenities. The Wifi worked great and it's free. The staff was polite and we had no problems with any part of our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ChristianCouple
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and everything looked great on the outside. It was very easy to find and there was plenty of parking.The staff were very nice. However, it wreaked of cigarette smoke throughout the hotel even in our, supposedly, 'non-smoking' room. Room was dirty and uncomfortable. This made for a poor start to our trip. We will never go back there to stay. Ever.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J R
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is not the Ritz, so if you keep that in mind it's a good value for the price. The hotel is conveniently located and easy to find. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and staff was accommodating. Did not try the continental breakfast.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Allison R
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I'd used all the websites I know to book a night near Frisco but only I could find affordable was this hotel. There was a hotel that we had used before that was price gouging at triple rate than we'd paid for the night in Silver Inn. The hotel is well maintain in and out. It doesn't look old from the outside and had ample free parking space. The staffs were friendly and welcome us with friendly smiles. This hotel do offer light breakfast. The only room available was a smoking room but when we walked in, it was hardly noticeable. The room is modern and clean. It came with both microwave and mini fridge. It had a flat panel TV and 2 chairs w/ a table. There's no alarm clock and iron w/ ironing board w/c is not important to us. Closet is in open space across the bathroom. It is closed to Target, Silverthorne Outlet, and of course, ski resorts like Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, and others. It is also close to Frisco Adventure Park for tubing, beginner ski/snowboarding, and across Nordic area. The only things that somewhat disturbed me were noises from room neighbors and upstair footsteps. It seem it's missing insulations in between to suppress these noises. If this hotel joined one of my hotel rewards program, I will not hesitate to come back again or whenever the surrounding hotels sells out or start charging three times more than their normal rate.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Travelers330
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co

Been to Silver Inn? Share your experiences!