“Worst motel in USA”

Days Inn Silverthorne
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I walked into my room and there was an empty beer bottle filled with cigarette butts and a half eaten piece of beef jerky sitting on the safe. Gross. I had to wear flip flops all around, even in the shower, because the carpet was sticky and I didn't trust the rest of the floor to be even slightly clean. TV remove was wrapped in duct tape that was peeling off and made the remote sticky and covered w/dirt. The elevator felt like a trashed dorm room: dirt, grime, graffiti, trash, etc. I slept full clothed so not to touch anything. I would have stayed anywhere else, but the room was non-refundable and I arrived late at night. Would have been better to sleep in my car. DO NOT STAY HERE! Nice people at the front desk, but that doesn't make up for everything else that is lacking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear roberthm123,
I am sorry that you got checked into that room. It was supposed to be on maintenance. The employee that mad that mistake is no longer working here therefore our hotel is a lot better. I am sorry that you had to deal with this.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel was terribly dirty..........absolutly filthy. There was filth on the walls in our main room and bathroom, and long hairs on the bathroom floor. It was absolutely disgusting, and we only stayed because we checked in very late and were exhausted. The shower had mildew on it as well. We will never stay in a Days Inn again, and will advise all others to avoid them as well.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Dale H,
I am sorry for the inconviences during your stay. Since then we had all the rooms extra cleaned and they all have been freshly painted.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel is poorly managed, poorly maintained and pretty creepy. The evening desk clerk was nice enough (gave us a good restaurant recommendation), but it didn't make up for the following collection of problems (1) Security system on back door not operational and propped open with a rock. Anybody can walk right in 24/7. (2) Floors in stairwells and hallways had obviously not been swept or vacuumed in some time. (3) The room we were in (and I would assume most or all of the rooms) had been painted at some time in the recent past. It is the WORST painting job I have ever seen. Paint splattered all over the floors, trim, doors, bathroom fixtures, light fixtures, etc... Like someone came in with a can of paint and just started throwing it around. Speaks volumes to a lack of care and attention to detail being taken here. (4) Drain plug in our tub / shower was broken and was just sitting on the edge of the tub. (5) Complimentary breakfast had a very weak food selection and was not well managed. When the styrofoam plates had run out, my wife inquired with the desk clerk. She said that there were more plates in one of the cupboards, pointed in that direction and didn't even stand up from her chair. She was not helpful in the least. My wife eventually found the plates and also had to refill the syrup dispenser for the waffles (pretty much the only food available). (6) Ceiling tiles throughout the facility showed water stains and had hole in them. (7) Television remote was very difficult to operate and the TV picture was very poor. (8) Same desk clerk was busy talking on the phone when I came to check out. She gave me a printout of my Folio which was a terrible mess. The printer was broken and it was all smeared and partially illegible. Again, she never got up from her chair and was not very friendly or respectful to her paying customer. We stay at a lot of hotels both for business and pleasure (in this case it was for the last night of a 2 1/2 week vacation out west) and this makes our "Top 3" list of bad hotels. This property is a poor reflection of the Days Inn brand and they ought to do something about the current management. Extremely poor and would not recommend it to anybody. To be fair, on the plus side, the room was fairly quiet and the A/C worked fine.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, ask for a room as far from the smoking rooms as possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Kenneth S,
Thank you for your response. We do vaccum our hallways and stairwells every day. I am sorry that you did not enojy our free breakfast. I will check into all of these issues and make sure they get fixed.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just that the use of powdered creamer for coffee being the only selection of creamers made it so that I had to go buy half n half. Since there was a fridge in the room that made it tolerable.

1  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed 18 August 2013

They say that they are pet friendly well they are not. We asked when we checked in if we could put our dogs in their kennel in our room and go eat and we would be right back . We were told that they could not be left unattended and it was against the law to do this but we could put then in their kennel in our car while we went to eat . Well sorry but that is against the law and not in a hot car . This is the third time we have had issues with a days inn and will never stay at one ever again . We switched to another hotel who allowed us to keep our dogs in their kennel in our room as long as they are quite while we went to get something to eat and ours dogs seem more happy . This is the worse place as far as being pet friendly

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon

Been to Days Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!