“alright for a night”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I haven't reviewed in a while, and after last night, it is time to do it again. I chose this hotel based on location (had a meeting in Vail the following day) and the time of day I was arriving (late). For a less than 9 hour stay, how bad could it be? I'll list the things wrong with my room that faced the highway on the 2nd floor:
1) Dirty window - looked as if a child or dog had licked the inside glass from end to end
2) Toe nails on the floor under the desk
3) Hair in the bathroom
4) Mold/residue on the cloth only shower curtain and walls of shower
5) Coffee maker with incorrect pot - doesn't allow the coffee to drain
6) Wi-Fi did not work

Had I arrived sooner and needed to stay longer there is no way I would have stayed in the hotel, but given the short amount of time I was there, I didn't even call the front desk - just went to bed and used my shirt as my pillow case and slept with more clothes on than normal.

I am a seasoned traveler - have stayed in worse, and a lot better hotels. Perhaps the most surprising part of the entire stay was the less than 5 word exchange when I checked out the following morning. I had intended to voice concerns, although I was running late. But after not even receiving a "Good morning, how was your stay?" or after I said "I need to check out" and not receiving ANY verbal communication, I decided to wait to see if the gentlemen would ask anything. Instead, a printed receipt was laid in front of me with the words "There you go." Done. Wow. So, was it worth the price? No. I would have paid $40 for the room, maybe. But, now I won't visit a Days Inn again....anywhere unless it is an emergency. I have read the other reviews of this hotel, and if the manager responds to this one it had better be an honest fess up, not one of these " We don't know what you are talking about - everything is new in our hotel."

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank batsondds
Manager-6752, General Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear batsondds,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We continue to update and check our rooms so we can be the best and will continue doing so. Thank you for letting us know so we can continue to make improvements.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently had hip surgery and definitely needed to have the higher toilet seat and close handicap parking. Our room was nice and clean, toilet was PERFECT and parking was right at the front door. Couldn't have asked for more! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GLAD2BEALV,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a perfect room for your situation at the Days Inn in Silverthorne, CO.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon

Been to Days Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!