“There are alot of better options for stays in Summit County”

Luxury Inn & Suites
Luxury Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
“There are alot of better options for stays in Summit County”
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Ok...so my husband booked the room. I was not aware of which place he booked and was not excited when we pulled up. Even my 7 year old asked if we could stay at the hotel next door (Quality Inn) rather than this one. Not a good start....ugh. Anyway, because I-25 was shut down due to weather, we had no other lodging choice. The rooms were unbelievably dirty and the bathroom smelled like smoke (even though we were in a no smoking room). My daughter is severely asthmatic and we had to keep a wet towel under the bathroom door just to keep the smoke smell out. We asked to be moved but they said they could only move us to a smoking room.
So - now that you know the place is dirty, outdated and smells like smoke...lets move on to the continential breakfast. So, if you like stale donuts, bread and bagels, this place is for you. We checked the dates on all of the items and all were over a week past their sell by date. As you could imagine, we did not eat there.
I am hoping that this review helps you choose a better place to stay! There are alot of better lodging options in Silverthorne and the adjacent communities and certainly wasn't worth the $144 we spent for this dump!
Happy Travels elsewhere!

• Liked — The pool was kinda clean...but even that is a stretch.
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank coloradotrigirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
AURORA
Reviewed 7 March 2007

The beds are older than my grandparents' with springs poking out of them. The hotel staff was incredibly rude ALL the time and if I treated customers that way at my job, I wouldn't be employed. They screwed up my credit card transaction and charged me twice (while fixing their mistake they were rolling their eyes). Forget trying to "relax" in the hottub that's onsight because it's disgusting. The continental breakfast was the only thing decent and how hard is it put out cereal in the morning? Not very, I'm surprised they had that much customer service. Neither me nor my friends will ever stay at this rat-hole again, we'd rather sleep in a gondola.

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank RIKKU13

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Denver
Reviewed 26 February 2007

We had reserved this hotel a month in advance and when we were to arrive at the hotel, I-70 and all surrounding roads leading to the motel had closed due to inclement weather. I called the hotel as soon as we heard about the closure, and was told that there was a no refund policy and my credit card would be charged for our stay as we did not give a 3-day cancellation notice. I questioned this policy as we had no way of knowing that there would be bad weather or that we would have no way of getting to their location, but it fell on deaf ears. As it turns out, I-70 did open at about 4:30 p.m. and we were able to make it there at about 9 p.m.

We had reserved a suite, but ended up getting a standard room with a refrigerator. The room was clean and everything did work, but it was by no means worth the $120 we had paid for a "suite". The hotel staff informed me that there was a microwave and fridge in the room which was an upgrade from their "standard" room.

The worst part of the experience was checking out. Upon checking out, my credit card was charged for the rate I had agreed upon. When I got home though, I checked my statement and saw that an "authorization" had also been charged for an additional nights stay. I immediately called the hotel and they informed me that they charge whatever card was used to reserve the room a 1 nights stay, to make sure it was a valid credit card number. When I questioned why they had charged me for 2 nights and then an additional authorization (we were only there for 2 nights), I did not receive an answer and was told to dispute it with my card holder. It has taken 10 days to have this charge reversed...

• Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
Central New York
Reviewed 16 February 2007

Like I said above, I only stayed here because the winter weather on I-70 was getting to be a nightmare. That being said, the name of this place is highly misleading. I am still trying to figure out what was the "luxury" of this place. The sidewalks clearly had not been maintained in days, the room didn't really lock unless you pulled and pulled on the door handle and the room had no atmosphere whatsoever. I'm not a big fan of atmosphere, but give me something other than the random damage marks on the walls. Another thing that speaks subtly to the quality level of this place - the name on the key was spelled "Luxery Inn", rather than Luxury. I don't expect that a friend writing a letter to me will always spell correctly, but I think that's something I would expect from my lodging - another lack of attention to some kind of detail.

On the upside, the water pressure was good, the water was plenty hot and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. If you are truly a no-frills person, maybe this would do. I'm a fan of clean and safe - I wouldn't stay here by choice - only if caught in another Colorado snowstorm.

• Liked — It was available when I was in a snowstorm on I-70
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything else
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed 17 December 2006

Recently a group of my friends and I stayed at the Luxury Inn during 36 Hours of Keystone. The hotel manager was extremely ill tempered and did not give us any privacy. He walked back and forth down the hall and reprimanded anyone in the hall after 10pm. I will NEVER return to this hotel. Management was unwelcoming and seemed like they did not want our group there even though we were well behaved and made minimal noise at night.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alamosa, CO
Reviewed 14 December 2006

People, for the price and location in Silverthorne Colorado, this place gets my money every time. There's a pool and hot tub and free continental breakfast. They even brought us a fridge and a microwave at no extra cost. It is definitely above average for the price and friendly staff. Recommended.

Stayed March 2005
NE Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2006

I stayed here by myself on a weekend ski trip gift from my wife and as it says, it was a decent place to stay. The good: the basic pastry breakfast was good, the room was clean, tv had good cable, the shower worked, and there's a resturaunt right behind it. The bad: the bathroom area is tiny and placed right in front of the door (the room itself was normal sized), the parking is cramped and you may have to park out behind the hotel if it's full. I didn't use the swimming pool because I messed up my knee skiing, but it was a decent pool contained in the other end of the hotel. Also, having a bad knee made it a little difficult because the dresser, mini-fridge, and sink all stick out in the doorway. It's not that bad, but it's definitely a one-way only passage. I didn't really deal with the staff except to checkin and out. The check in guy was nice, but I woke up the checkout guy (4am...early flight) so he was understandably not a chipper guy (not rude or mean or uncourteous, but just not exchanging pleasantries).

Overall, I'd stay there again for the price under the same circumstances. It was cheap, had something to eat in the morning, the slopes are about 10-15 minutes away and it was clean, which is all I needed. There was a family of kids that were kinda loud, but that could be at any hotel and they quietened down after dark. I rated it an average stay because it was a decent place and did for me everything I needed it to.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — cramped room entry
  • Stayed February 2005, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank badkelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!