“don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Colorado
“don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2009

Luxury?!!! You've got to be kidding me! I'm guessing that whoever named this hotel didn't know the meaning of luxury.

The first thing we wanted to do after our long drive was relax in the hot tub. So we got our suits on and noticed that our room was only provided with 3 large towels and two tiny ones. So I was kind of curious what we were going to use to shower in the morning.

CAUTION!!! When you step into the pool area the floor slants about 45 degrees. In the crevice of that 45 degree angle water is built up like a little stream. I watched every single person that walked into the pool room trip, and then step into that puddle of cold water. Note: There is no warning sign posted about this step down anywhere.

Now when we looked into the hot tub the entire bottom was covered in dirt or sand. It was disgusting. Here is the most important part. YOU CAN'T HAVE FOOD OR DRINK IN THE POOL AREA! Who doesn't like to relax with a cold beer in the hot tub? If you do you will be charged a $50 fine. I can see a no glass policy but no food or drink at all? lame.

So we returned to our room to notice the fridge only stood on 3 legs, the weakest basic cable ever, beds hard as rocks and a non smoking room that smelled like smoke!

No sleep on the rock beds and having to listen to crazy loud sounds all night we stumbled to the free breakfast where we managed to obtain all of the vitamins for the day as well as all of the basic food groups!.....or not. An orange juice machine that sputters out spurts of water then orange drink, bagels with cream cheese, bread, sugary donuts, and coffee. WOW. Even though it was only 7:30 in the morning the breakfast table was already demolished and nobody was refilling it, the garbage cans were packed full and there was noone at the front desk. I watched two different people stand up there and ring the bell and wait only to get disapointed and leave.

Upon our exit whlist I was brushing my teeth, I looked down into the sink to see used Q-tips smashed into the drain. Sweet!

Don't stay at this dump. You're better off staying elsewhere. And if your kids want to wake up and swim in the pool like I did when I was a kid, don't count on it. It doesn't open until 3.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — staying here
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008

Ok...so my husband booked the room. I was not aware of which place he booked and was not excited when we pulled up. Even my 7 year old asked if we could stay at the hotel next door (Quality Inn) rather than this one. Not a good start....ugh. Anyway, because I-25 was shut down due to weather, we had no other lodging choice. The rooms were unbelievably dirty and the bathroom smelled like smoke (even though we were in a no smoking room). My daughter is severely asthmatic and we had to keep a wet towel under the bathroom door just to keep the smoke smell out. We asked to be moved but they said they could only move us to a smoking room.
So - now that you know the place is dirty, outdated and smells like smoke...lets move on to the continential breakfast. So, if you like stale donuts, bread and bagels, this place is for you. We checked the dates on all of the items and all were over a week past their sell by date. As you could imagine, we did not eat there.
I am hoping that this review helps you choose a better place to stay! There are alot of better lodging options in Silverthorne and the adjacent communities and certainly wasn't worth the $144 we spent for this dump!
Happy Travels elsewhere!

• Liked — The pool was kinda clean...but even that is a stretch.
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank coloradotrigirl

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

AURORA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2007

The beds are older than my grandparents' with springs poking out of them. The hotel staff was incredibly rude ALL the time and if I treated customers that way at my job, I wouldn't be employed. They screwed up my credit card transaction and charged me twice (while fixing their mistake they were rolling their eyes). Forget trying to "relax" in the hottub that's onsight because it's disgusting. The continental breakfast was the only thing decent and how hard is it put out cereal in the morning? Not very, I'm surprised they had that much customer service. Neither me nor my friends will ever stay at this rat-hole again, we'd rather sleep in a gondola.

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank RIKKU13
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2007

We had reserved this hotel a month in advance and when we were to arrive at the hotel, I-70 and all surrounding roads leading to the motel had closed due to inclement weather. I called the hotel as soon as we heard about the closure, and was told that there was a no refund policy and my credit card would be charged for our stay as we did not give a 3-day cancellation notice. I questioned this policy as we had no way of knowing that there would be bad weather or that we would have no way of getting to their location, but it fell on deaf ears. As it turns out, I-70 did open at about 4:30 p.m. and we were able to make it there at about 9 p.m.

We had reserved a suite, but ended up getting a standard room with a refrigerator. The room was clean and everything did work, but it was by no means worth the $120 we had paid for a "suite". The hotel staff informed me that there was a microwave and fridge in the room which was an upgrade from their "standard" room.

The worst part of the experience was checking out. Upon checking out, my credit card was charged for the rate I had agreed upon. When I got home though, I checked my statement and saw that an "authorization" had also been charged for an additional nights stay. I immediately called the hotel and they informed me that they charge whatever card was used to reserve the room a 1 nights stay, to make sure it was a valid credit card number. When I questioned why they had charged me for 2 nights and then an additional authorization (we were only there for 2 nights), I did not receive an answer and was told to dispute it with my card holder. It has taken 10 days to have this charge reversed...

• Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
Central New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2007

Like I said above, I only stayed here because the winter weather on I-70 was getting to be a nightmare. That being said, the name of this place is highly misleading. I am still trying to figure out what was the "luxury" of this place. The sidewalks clearly had not been maintained in days, the room didn't really lock unless you pulled and pulled on the door handle and the room had no atmosphere whatsoever. I'm not a big fan of atmosphere, but give me something other than the random damage marks on the walls. Another thing that speaks subtly to the quality level of this place - the name on the key was spelled "Luxery Inn", rather than Luxury. I don't expect that a friend writing a letter to me will always spell correctly, but I think that's something I would expect from my lodging - another lack of attention to some kind of detail.

On the upside, the water pressure was good, the water was plenty hot and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. If you are truly a no-frills person, maybe this would do. I'm a fan of clean and safe - I wouldn't stay here by choice - only if caught in another Colorado snowstorm.

• Liked — It was available when I was in a snowstorm on I-70
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything else
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2006

Recently a group of my friends and I stayed at the Luxury Inn during 36 Hours of Keystone. The hotel manager was extremely ill tempered and did not give us any privacy. He walked back and forth down the hall and reprimanded anyone in the hall after 10pm. I will NEVER return to this hotel. Management was unwelcoming and seemed like they did not want our group there even though we were well behaved and made minimal noise at night.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alamosa, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2006

People, for the price and location in Silverthorne Colorado, this place gets my money every time. There's a pool and hot tub and free continental breakfast. They even brought us a fridge and a microwave at no extra cost. It is definitely above average for the price and friendly staff. Recommended.

Stayed March 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Silver Inn
Comfort Suites Dillon
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!