“quality horses and beautiful scenery”
Review of Silverton Stables

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silverton Stables
Hannover, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“quality horses and beautiful scenery”
Reviewed 11 July 2009

my husband and rode at many different outfitters all over and these horses were the best looking and most well trained horses we have ever had.
We had a private ride so we were able to gallop and trot and it was just awesome.
Great people, quality outfit! Thanks!!

2 Thank xandi45

missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The most awesome horseback riding experience!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2008

Okay...if you are visiting the Silverton or Durango Colorado area(Worth driving from Durango). Silverton Stables just outside Silverton on hwy 550 heading out of town towards Ouray, Co.
You will not want to pass this up.....saddle up for a ride, cross the river (my kids were 1st time riders, they begged to go back!)
The guide will match you up with a horse that is just right for your riding experience. Then she'll take you up thru the mountainside...which I must add is simply gorgeous!! She'll even stop along the way and took our family picture on my camera for us with the mountains behind...she was very nice.
I wished now that we would have went to the top of the mountain instead of just a 1 hour ride. I believe it was $35 per hour, which is pretty much the going rate as of June 2008.
It is always best to wear jeans/ pants. And have a jacket as it is colder at higher elevations.
The owners are very nice and very helpful and the horses were not all beaten down, they were very healthy. My family and I will DEFINATELY go back again.....hope you check it out!!
I PROMISE, YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST!!!

4 Thank enchanteddove