“A Stay as Sublime as the Scenery!”

The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House
Ranked #2 of 5 Silverton B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas, United States
“A Stay as Sublime as the Scenery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My friends and I found ourselves in Slverton almost by accident one day in March of 2012. We descended on The Inn of the Rockies quite by accident - and quite late in the day. Nevertheless, our hosts not only took on our motley crew, they proceeded to provide us with a breath-taking level of service. The house itself is *wonderful* - my clawfoot-tub fantasy was completely fulfilled. And, when the low-altitude Texan - me - cratered from altitude sickness, I was the grateful recipient of room-service remedies.

The scenery to which I refer in the title of this review is absolutely stunning. Even in late March, it was a unbelievable aesthetic treat to be surrounded by those mountains. And the town of Silverton itself is quite scenic - I took a zillion pictures.

I have stayed in countless B&Bs - from Norumbega in Maine to The Lodge at Palo Pinto,Texas - and this was by far my best experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

What a wonderful surprise to find a truly wonderful B & B in little Silverton, Colorado. My husband & I enjoyed a very comfortable night followed by a delicious breakfast in the morning! The french toast, and smoothies were the perfect fuel for a day of skiing at Silverton! Amy & William were most welcoming and accommodated our every need.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CGGJ79
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Myself and 3 friends stayed in this excellent B&B in Silverton. We were in town for a ski trip, and the House was perfect for our stay. Great breakfast in the morning from William and Amy and they were both very helpful with any questions we had. The town itself had a variety of bars and restaurants all walking distance from the Inn. I can highly recommend the Alma House and will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Silverton.

Aztec, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My stay at the Alma House was excellent. William and Amy provided service that was delightful in every way. The food was amazing. The room was cozy. This is the best place to stay in Silverton. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My buddies and I planned a ski trip to Silverton for the first time and stumbled on the Crown Jewel of this mining town. The "Alma House" as it is best know in the town, is truly a special place and the inn keepers, Amy and William were over the top, from the Amazing Breakfasts that Amy cooked to William starting our car in the morning to ensure we didn't have to start our day with a cold drive to the mountain.

This cozy little place had a lot of attention made to all the fine details of the decor- such as the antique furniture / mirrors / photos / pictures / wall paper / dishes. We stayed in the large, top floor suite which had a feather king bed, trundle and a roll away, down pillows, plush robes for a trip to the spa and two fireplace heaters. There was always an aroma of something in the oven. In the evening, homemade cookies were offered which were on a plate placed on the bottom stair post of the stairway and I still think there was some magic linked to that cookie plate, every time I turned around the plate was full again, did I really eat all those cookies or not?

There are two gazebos outside - one has a hot tub - the other is for kicking back and enjoying the moment! This was my favorite spot after full days of skiing and hiking Silverton Mountain.

Breakfast Was Amazing! Every morning started with a smoothie waiting for us when we arrived. We we served stuffed french toast, Belgian Waffles, delicious orange juice ---And, homemade granola!!!

We can't wait for our next trip to Silverton and the Alma House.

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Nice facilities and a good hot tub...but that's not what makes it great. William and Amy, the owners, are over the top. The food is phenomenal and cooked to order. They take your keys and warm your car up in the morning. They'll open and close the hot tub for you. Basically, it's like staying with a REALLY helpful and cheerful version of your family. Maybe the best service of any B&B I have ever stayed at.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Alma House. Breakfast was great and perfect for a day of powder skiing! Soaking our soar bones in the hot tub afterwards, and eating Amy's delicious home made cookies, made for a relaxing evening. It snowed all day and night, and in the morning, William even brushed the snow off our car. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Teller House
#6 of 8 in Silverton
Triangle Motel
Triangle Motel
#4 of 7 in Silverton

Been to The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House? Share your experiences!