The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House
Teller House(Silverton)
  • Free Internet
The Wyman Hotel(Silverton)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubcookiesb bfrench toastmade us feelgreat hostsa great vacationdietary needsvictorian stylespecial breakfastanswered all our questionsgorgeous antiquesgreat sleephoneymoon suitefeel comfortabledefinitely recommend this placein town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My family and I recently had the extreme pleasure of happening upon The Historic Alma House in Silverton.  The hotel is just lovely.  That we were able to walk in and get a wonderful, HUGE room was an absolute blessing.  Besides falling in love with the town and your establishment, our experience was made all the more exceptional because of the inn keepers, especially Magan.  She couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.  Rarely do you find service at her level.  If I had the means, I would have rewarded her in gold, alas all I have is a grateful heart and words of praise.
Please let this note do as much good for your innkeepers as possible, and rest assured knowing that these two are amazing employees.
All this and I didn't even mention the food!!! I mean the house always smelled of cookies and the breakfast....Just wonderful.
Laura and Baby Kate
Texas

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had a group of 4 stay for a night at this bed and breakfast. I wish we could have stay more than one night. The inn keepers were wonderful. The homemade cookies and breakfast was very delicious. My favorite was the french toast. I would have to say that it was the best place in town. You should definitely try it out!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are neat. They all have their own look to them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

9 of us were touring by bicycle. After a particularly challenging day riding from Durango, CO, to Silverton, we were delighted to spend the last night of the tour at The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House. We were greeted with muffins as we arrived. The rooms are lovely, nicely furnished and comfortable. There is a lovely sitting room where we sat and talked after our long ride and where I sat and read for a while. Outside, there is a lovely gazebo as well as hot tub. Much appreciated by the group was a shed to store our bikes. Before going out for supper, we were treated to port and appetizers (mozzarella, tomatoes and basil pesto). Breakfast was excellent, french toast, home made granola, yoghurt. Perfect for the start of our last day of cycling, over the Million Dollar Highway.
The innkeepers, Megan and Dooley, are friendly and very attentive.

Silverton is small, quite isolated in a lovely setting. Alma House is truly "historic." Don't expect a five star hotel but given the setting, one could not do better. It was clearly the nicest place we stayed at during our trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PedalerPaul
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We just returned from Silverton and our second stay at Alma House. It was an amazing trip. The Alma House has new inn keepers and they are great. The room was spotless and the breakfasts were amazing each morning. Of course they are famous for their homemade granola and it was still wonderful but the french toast served one morning I think will soon be a demanded favorite. I wish them all the success in the world and if you are in the area stop and say hello and better yet stay a few nights and experience true hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni Ross W
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We have just left the Inn of the Rockies after a 3 night stay. This is an historic building in Silverton which has been kept in character with its roots. There is a new couple in charge of running the hotel, Megan and Dooley. They were the most welcoming hostes I have come across in years. Nothing seemed to much trouble and we felt that there was nothing we couldn't ask for. Dooley is an excellent cook who shared his homemade chocolate cake and port with us in the garden one afternoon. Breakfast was excellent and all freshly prepared.
The room was a good size and whilst there had a look in at some of the other rooms that weren't occupied. All were we'll presented. Towels etc were of an excellent quality which gave a real feel of luxury. There is a small sitting room for guest use and a large garden with several chairs and tables available. We made use of the hot tub which is also in the garden. This gives beautiful views across to the mountains.
Having walked around the town there didn't appear to be any other hotels that provided such good accommodation with a garden to relax in. I would highly recommend this hotel. Good luck Megan and Dooley with this venture

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple