“Excellent Service”

Ranked #14 of 30 Restaurants in Silverton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Pickle Barrel Restaurant is one of the longest continually running restaurants in Silverton, Since 1971! The building is also one of the oldest masonary builings on the western slope of Colorado. We encourage everyone to come check it our and the bar in the back, with its eklectic feel. It may be one of the oldest restaurants here in Silverton, but the menu changes often with summer dinner specials changing weekly with a nice gourmet feel. Make sure to see what we have in the winter. Check next door for Ice Cream, expresso and now soaking in Silverton!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our waitress was brand new but certainly did an excellent job at making us feel welcome. As it was a chilly day we started with hot chocolate and soup. They both were delicious. We had three sandwiches between us and all were excellent. We ordered fresh bread to accompany the soup but were disapointed when it arrived. It was rather tasteless and sliced so very thin that it was difficult to handle without it breaking apart. Had it been thick and tasty it would have been the perfect accompaniment to an otherwise perfect meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pibrac

Price, Utah
“Best option”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived in Silverton after the train crowd had gone through, and not much was still open. I will give this restaurant a review that is better than average because they were tenacious enough to stay open for business when the other restaurants had closed and because the service was excellent. The waitress was very attentive and the food came quickly.
I had a large group with me. Some of them loved their food. I was disappointed with mine. Its average for a tourist town, and prices were average for a tourist town, meaning overpriced for what you get. Comparing menus to other restaurants in town, I would say this was a better deal than most.
At the end of the meal, I had to resort to their restroom. It was so atrocious that I decided not to use it. We were the only ones in the establishment, meaning they were not busy and should have taken some time to clean it. I was horrified to think that the people that prepared our food might have been using the same restroom.

1 Thank fairwhether
Silverton, Colorado
“We're locals have lunch”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I live here in Silverton, I go to the Pickle Barrel for lunch at least once per week. The food is great and I love the owners; Paul and Sharon. I always get good service! My favorite lunch is the California BLT. I also like the mesquite chicken sandwich. Ask to sit by the fire place it's nice and cozy.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Lunch break while on train excursion”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped at this restaurant based upon reviews here on tripadvisor. The waitstaff were very friendly and helpful, even when taking an order from a slower member of our party. The atmosphere was rustic and we were lucky enough to be sitting across from the warm potbelly stove.

Our food was okay, but we weren't expecting anything extraordinary. Well, maybe I was. My dish was the chicken sandwich, and I wasn't very impressed with the chicken. The mesquite had some sort of glaze and was charbroiled. I don't mind my burgers charbroiled, but I do mind it on my chicken. The other three were satisfied with their meals, but didn't find it to be spectacular.

All in all, it was about what we were expecting in such a touristy town. The friendliness of the staff helped make a so-so restaurant better.

Hampton, Georgia
“Wonderful place to eat when in Silverton,Colorado”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This place just says "Old West" to me. It was the perfect find for a place to eat in Silverton. The food was great and the portions were plentiful. My wife and I both had the Philly Cheesesteak with fries. No disappointments! The service was great and friendly and we really enjoyed the meal. Too we didn't feel that the prices were too high for a touristy type town. Basically it was good food at decent prices in a wonderful location.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BudgetTravelerMR2

Been to Pickle Barrel? Share your experiences!