“very disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stopped in here for lunch, was seated right at the door with a cold draft coming in, the first thing the waitress told us "we out of mac and cheese so don't even think about ordering that" to my 9 year old. Very unfriendly....forgot half my order, food was ok....the waitress was one of the worst we have ever had. With so many tourist coming through, you would think she would at least smile. would not recommend at all.

2  Thank sammyfh

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wife and I tried Handlebars on our last night in Silverton. Despite the few negative reviews we decided to make up our own mind. We were seated promptly, the restaurant was about 60% full. The crowd was a 50/50 split locals to tourists. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, and the wife had Parmesan Chicken. Both were large enough portion that I was totally full and the wife took part of hers home in a box. We also had the recommended peach cobbler that was also very good.

Negative reviews of this place complained about dusty décor and rude waitresses even calling one of them a "rodeo queen". Perhaps they were directed at the older of the 2 who waited on us. We found her charming and interested in providing good service for us. There were 2 tables of locals with whom she visited regularly, but certainly did not ignore us. Our water glass was filled promptly, and our dishes cleared when needed.

I would return.

2  Thank BigL49
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We drove from Ouray to Silverton on the Million Dollar highway. We were hungry & a bit weary, so we decided it was time for lunch and stopped at Handlebars. I had a delicious tuna salad in tomato on a bed of greens and my husband enjoyed his gazpacho and salad. We topped off the meal with their incredible peach cobbler. The owner was very engaging and we received good advice on acclimating to the high altitudes from our waiter. Very enjoyable experience!

1  Thank Jill S
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We only had 90 minutes in Silverton since we had ridden the train up from Durango, so we were looking for a fun, yet quick lunch stop. I had read reviews on this place and decided to give it a try, especially because my husband wanted to try the elk burger. From the moment we walked in, we had excellent service, very attentive wait staff and our food came out super fast! It was very tasty and the atmosphere was unique. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank KMG8
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Handlebars in Silverton is amazing!! My wife and I both really enjoyed our food and local Colorado beers. The owner, Ken, was very friendly and offered not only exceptional service but also recommendations of other things to see and do in the area. We will be back again with friends and family!!