“Handlebars”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were told that this was the place we "must" eat at, so after disembarking from the train, we beelined straight over there to squeeze in lunch. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait, but it was really only 10-15 minutes. They squeezed 5 of us in at a table for 4; the whole place was really jammed packed with people, almost uncomfortably so. The place is cutely themed with various stuffed animals (and I mean the real thing, not toys) signs and police/fire department patches. The food was good, but nothing special or spectacular. Service was efficient, but nothing above and beyond, but I think that had to do with large crowds and each server having a too large station. Our food came at a decent pace and thanks to team work our check was taken care of promptly. We had just enough time to eat and then catch the train back. The meal took our entire time in Silverton.

I personally wouldn't say this is a "must", about I'm not sure how the other choices stack up.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

i am always a bit concerned that places which go overboard on the kitsch and cute are trying to distract attention from second rate food.
Not so at Handlebars. The place is chock-full of cutesy kitsch, but the food is excellent.
The place was hopping when we turned up on a Friday night and got one of the last available tables, so we expected to wait a while for food.
The waitress was not only fast and efficient, she was also friendly and joked around with us. My place setting was missing a fork, so she came back with one which she said she had found lying on the floor!
We took her recommendation and went for the ribs, in their special sauce. they were excellent, By the time we had also eaten the excellent buns and the great salad we were stuffed.
Fun place, great food, fast friendly service, reasonable prices. No complaints from me!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I don't believe I could describe how good this place is or how fun it is to look at everything inside. The food is amazing, I don't believe you could have a bad thing there, this is a place I think everyone should go at least once just for the experience. If you in silverton or the surrounding area you need to stop in and see for yourself!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My family has been eating at Handlebars for years. The food has never disappointed. Our kids love the chicken fried steak. The margaritas hit the spot along with the desserts.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spotted this little gem driving through town after a long day of Jeeping. The sign caught our eye, and after several recommendations from the locals we gave it a try. Boy are we glad we did! The food was amazing!! Probably the best French dip I have ever eaten, and my husband's pulled pork sandwich was excellent as well! We sampled their fresh peach cobbler and mud pie and literally had to roll ourselves out the door. Our waiter, Kevin, was extremely friendly and helpful and made our overall experience the perfect way to end our day. The atmosphere was so fun, there was always something new to spot on the walls! If we ever make it back through this way, it's a must stop for sure!