“great atmosphere. food not great.”

Handlebars Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 18 August 2014

this is a great tourist destination. the interior is so much fun the staff is friendly and happy. the food was greasy/not healthy at all and don't expect it to be great. it is tourist food with grease, butter and then more buttery greasy stuff. it is just for the atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had the rocky mountain oysters with a side of fries. Oysters were very good. The fries were mixed white and sweet potato which was different but they were very good.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were told that this was the place we "must" eat at, so after disembarking from the train, we beelined straight over there to squeeze in lunch. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait, but it was really only 10-15 minutes. They squeezed 5 of us in at a table for 4; the whole place was really jammed packed with people, almost uncomfortably so. The place is cutely themed with various stuffed animals (and I mean the real thing, not toys) signs and police/fire department patches. The food was good, but nothing special or spectacular. Service was efficient, but nothing above and beyond, but I think that had to do with large crowds and each server having a too large station. Our food came at a decent pace and thanks to team work our check was taken care of promptly. We had just enough time to eat and then catch the train back. The meal took our entire time in Silverton.

I personally wouldn't say this is a "must", about I'm not sure how the other choices stack up.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

i am always a bit concerned that places which go overboard on the kitsch and cute are trying to distract attention from second rate food.
Not so at Handlebars. The place is chock-full of cutesy kitsch, but the food is excellent.
The place was hopping when we turned up on a Friday night and got one of the last available tables, so we expected to wait a while for food.
The waitress was not only fast and efficient, she was also friendly and joked around with us. My place setting was missing a fork, so she came back with one which she said she had found lying on the floor!
We took her recommendation and went for the ribs, in their special sauce. they were excellent, By the time we had also eaten the excellent buns and the great salad we were stuffed.
Fun place, great food, fast friendly service, reasonable prices. No complaints from me!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I don't believe I could describe how good this place is or how fun it is to look at everything inside. The food is amazing, I don't believe you could have a bad thing there, this is a place I think everyone should go at least once just for the experience. If you in silverton or the surrounding area you need to stop in and see for yourself!