“Great Service, Super Clean, Nothing but good to say....”
Review of Triangle Motel

Triangle Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Silverton
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Was looking for a room with 3 beds as I was going to be skiing at Silverton Mt, and this was recommended by them>>>we were not disappointed. We actually were upgraded to a 3-bedded suite {with two separate bedrooms!} that was PERFECT for us. Came with a full kitchen, living room that had a nice futon and brand new completely refurbished bathroom. The room was also spotless clean. Service was friendly small mountain town Colorado>>>have nothing but good things to say about the Triangle Motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RDLang

Reviewed 7 January 2014

So, you have to understand Silverton in the context of the title. There are no luxury accommodations in this town. I have stayed at most every place in town. They all have their issues but I still think the Triangle is the best place to stay. I come here usually twice a winter to ski at Silverton mtn, so I have stayed at the Triangle a bunch. Yes, there are issues - the walls are thin, the water controls for hot / cold can be iffy, the furniture is old, etc. This would not get a 4 star rating in a place with luxury accommodations around, but compared to it's peers, it's 4 stars & I would definitely recommend staying there if you going to Silverton to ski.

Positives :
1) Easy in / easy out.
2) Very reasonably priced
3) Fresh baked good in the mornings, cookies in the evening ( a relatively new addition)
4) Old , but kept clean & tidy

Room Tip: I prefer downstairs as you can pull up with your gear right next to your door.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My family stayed here for 4 nights over the new year week. Our primary activity was skiing at the Kendall mountain ski area. We got an upstairs unit with two bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen/living area. I was pleased with the amount of space my family of 5 had to spread out and relax. The living area had a futon and a loveseat, desk, side tables and a flat screen tv. I cooked several meals in the furnished kitchen. The unit was cleaned, towels refreshed, and beds made each day we were there. While the hotel is dated, I never heard any of the other guests and have absolutely nothing to complain about. While we were there, the temps were in the single digits every morning, but we were warm and comfortable in our suite.The continental breakfast was good, coffee bar was great! The owners are very nice people and they made sure we had everything we needed and were enjoying our stay. I definitely recommend staying at the Triangle Motel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

She has a twitch in her (but aren't we all quirky?), the owner, but she's nice. And if you're early to breakfast you might catch homemade banana bread or cinnamon rolls. Place could have better air circulation. Bring ear plugs if you don't want to hear ski boots walking upstairs in the winter.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

To clarify, I have stayed at this hotel before and it is just as everyone else says, thin walls, dated furniture, you can hear every footstep. The owner was not there so he nor his wife would know if I had stayed there or not, I also know that they are trying to sell the place. To have to leave a second bad review because the owner insists on arguing with my last post really goes to show the quality of management at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Fargo38
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here due to other reviews on TripAdvisor. Very friendly and helpful owners and staff (who all seem to be relatives). Clean Clean Clean. Now it is an older place and does show it's age but for the price easily overlooked. Lighting in rooms is dim and shower stall pretty small, but that is how it used to be. But the price more than makes up for this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron V
Reviewed 19 August 2013

To start off they got our reservations wrong (talking to locals later I learned this is a regular occurrence). When we finally got our room a day later two of three lights didn't work in the room and there was no ac whatsoever. There was a box fan in the room (which was broken). I don't expect much from a cheap hotel but when it's too hot to sleep, and you can hear every damn footstep of people going up and down the stairs waking you up, I have a problem. The two stars are for location and bed comfort. Next time I will rent a house (slightly more expensive but well worth it)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank heartymountaingirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Teller House
#4 of 5 in Silverton
Ouray Chalet Inn
Ouray Chalet Inn
#2 of 15 in Ouray

Been to Triangle Motel? Share your experiences!