“The place to stay while in Silverton!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wyman Hotel and Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Silverton
The Wyman Hotel and Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Silverton
Durango, Colorado
“The place to stay while in Silverton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

A beautiful, authentic victorian style hotel, with all the modern amenities. Our room was the 'railroad room' - a gorgeous king suite with a jacuzzi tub and a view of the mountains. The proprietor, Tana, was phenomenal... She always had a smile on her face and made us feel right at home.The amenities provided were beyond what we expected, including the very comfortable bed and delicious breakfast. We found a new favorite place to be, and will definitely be back...stay here, you will be happy you did! :)

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank H Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sparta, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Fantastic Bed & Breakfast Experience.
Very nice personal touch given to the guests.
Rooms & Bed are cleaned every day with exceptional detail.
Breakfast was very good, usually served egg dishes.
Nice atmosphere in main lobby for meeting and talking to other
guests in the afternoons & evenings.
If I go to Silverton again, I would automatically stay here again.

Room Tip: Elevator Room was very spacious & comfortable. Note they do have a limited number of rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Geoffrey W
Vail, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

If you want to step back in time stay here. It was fun to stay here. Not modern at all, so if you want all the bells and whistles you will be disappointed. The owners were gracious and welcoming. The afternoon cheese and wine was fun and gave me an opportunity to meet the other guests. By far the best thing was breakfast. I felt like a queen and the food was amazing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marigold183
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Everything about this turn of the century, boutique hotel was great. They have large rooms, many with jacuzzi tubs. They have satellite TV and a huge DVD library. The location is on the main street with many rooms overlooking the street. If you have bad knees, like me, you will want to book first floor room.

I must also commend them for their honesty and high level of service. I forgot my wedding ring on the dresser when we checked out. The maid found it and the owner called me within an hour. They mailed me the ring at no charge. That is exceptional in this day and age.

Room Tip: no elevator so go first floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cbarnett12
Senlis, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We drove into the tiny town of Silverton late afternoon. Walking into the reception area, you feel like you are walking back in time to the Old West. The check-in counter is solid wood and the animal heads around the place and the antique furniture make it even more authentic and authenticity was what we were looking for throughout the trip. We stayed in the" Elevator Room" , nice, large room on the ground floor with its own sitting area. The old elevator has been replaced with a bathtub and mood lighting. (There is a regular shower however in the bathroom). Comfortable beds, good sleep (room is not facing Main Street). The owners were very friendly and informative, especially with my questions about nearby jeep trails. Don't miss the caboose in the garden. This is actually a room. The location is great as you can get anywhere on foot. Be sure to read up on the history of Silverton and wander through the old Streets such as Blair, just one block over. This is also a good location to use as headquarters if you are doing day trips . We didn't experience the steam locomotive from Silverton to Durango but understand that réservations are a must.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at the Wyman Hotel and was so happy that I selected this hotel. It is in an historic building in the centre of Silverton and ideal for exploring this quaint town. I loved being picked up in the special Wyman bus when I got off the train. Breakfasts are large and gourmet quality, my room was perfect and the hospitality was first class. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and I hope to return again.

Room Tip: I loved my room on the second floor and each room is unique. Great choices.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We took the bus from Durango, spent the night in Silverton and took the train back the next afternoon. I booked this hotel for the night based on the reviews here. It is, indeed, the best hotel in town. The four of us (two adults, two kids) stayed in the Kendall Mountain Suite, which consists of two bedrooms, a separate TV room and an en-suite bath. At the end of a busy day, it was great for the kids to be able to unwind in the TV room (with the door closed!) while we read in bed. We also enjoyed tea at 4pm. There's also wine & cheese at 5pm which was tempting but the kids were ready for dinner. Breakfast was served in a cute little room with tables set for each family/group of travelers. It was the best meal of our trip...quiche and potatoes, juice, tea, coffee and a fruit smoothie. My younger son is a very picky eater and they went out of their way to offer something he would eat. The innkeepers are very friendly. One thing I wasn't able to judge easily from their website is the distance from the train. It's really not very far at all, about a five minute walk.

Room Tip: The Kendall Mountain Suite is perfect for families (one queen bed in one room, one queen and one twi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Teller House
The Inn at Lost Creek
The Inn at Lost Creek
#1 of 7 in Mountain Village
The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House

Been to The Wyman Hotel and Inn? Share your experiences!