“Welcome home”
Review of The Wyman Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Silverton
The Wyman Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Silverton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Wyman was a very pleasant B&B conveniently located in Silverton. Tana and her son, James were extremely friendly and welcoming. We were in the area to go 4-wheeling on the trails and as of this year, Silverton allows ATV's in town within a certain range. As a result, you are able to park your ATV right in front of the hotel which is extremely convenient. Not all areas of town are available for this. You have the option of a 7:00 or 8:00 breakfast which was quite tasty. There is a 5-6:00 wine & cheese gathering in the front lobby each day that gives you the opportunity to meet other guests. I've not had a lot of experience staying at B&B's, but read up on the hotel ahead of time so there were really no surprises. There are some downsides. It is, after all, an old building with smaller rooms, limited electrical outlets and poor lighting in the bathroom. We didn't spend much time in the room but to sleep & shower, so these issues weren't a big deal for us. The beds are very comfortable Overall, it's like staying at your grandmother's without having to listen to her complain about her health!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Columbine room on 2nd floor accessed by stairs. It has a large window high on the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. The old time decor is great. The lady is super nice in the lobby. My hotel of choice when in Silverton. Every room has a different them and name. The caboose car outside is really cool. Did not take advantage of the breakfast, but dining room is pretty. Making plans for next year already

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were camping at a local campground when rain mixed with cold temperatures forced us to scour the city for hotels. Apparently everyone in town had the same idea & we spent a frantic half hour searching for a hotel with any vacancy for the night. All the hotels I stopped at (three in total) around 5 o'clock in the afternoon had their staff out of the office. Although they had phone numbers where they could be reached, one staffer ridiculously told me to call back in an hour & a half just to see if they had any vacancies. When we finally came to the Wyman, they had one room left for four. As my husband & I were staying with my in-laws, I was hesitant about the size of the room. When I voiced my concerns, the staff-person let me view the room which was perfect! I immediately booked the room. It was the perfect place to crash after being drenched by the storm. Plus it was lovely to stay in a hotel with such an interesting history. It was easy to see why this hotel was the top-rated in Silverton. And for such an amazing price, we would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We planned to stay one night in Silverton and The Wyman was our choice. Very rustic hotel with lots of history. Everything was in pretty good shape and it was a nice experience. As expected, the rooms are small given the age of the hotel (granted, we did select one of the smallest), but we didn't feel totally cramped either. Breakfast the next morning was outstanding and our interaction with all staff members was pleasurable. Would stay here again if we ever come back through.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This old hotel has lots of charm. Breakfast was deliious. Room was clean, but bathroom smelled like mildew, need to change out shower curtain, maybe. The bed spread looked ancient. While I love antiques,I don't want my sheets or bed covers to be from the Woodrow Wilson era. LOL
the young guy that checked us in, had the personality of a gnat. He barely uttered a word even when asked a question. They are supposed to have wine and cheese from 5-6. The kid had the wine behind the counter, even after asking for it he just shrugged and acted like he didnt speak English or any language. I guess good help is hard to find in the mountains.
Would give the place 4 stars if not for the kid checking us in. Would give 5 stars if not for the smelly bathroom and old bed spread.
Will say it was quite and good sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KellIe0414
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a harrowing, snowy drive over the pass, we chose to stay at the Wyman due to a snow storm. We arrived frayed and bedraggled. We received a warm welcome, hot tea in front of a warm stove with tea and a quilt. Our room was very comfortable so there was no problem settling in for the night, but about 10 pm my husband got sick. Tana got out her medic bag and attended to him with a smile and calmness that was very much appreciated and it was determined that he had altitude sickness. In the morning, I was able to enjoy the delicious breakfast everyone comments about while Tana did a weather and pass check for us and advised us that we had two hours to get over the pass back to Durango due to another snow storm expected. We regretted to leave because it was cozy there with beautiful scenery, just the kind of place you want to be in a snow storm, but my husband needed to get to a lower altitude. We enjoyed the "over the top" hospitality, cleanliness of everything, and the charmingness. Would love to go back and stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a late start due to rock slide clean up on highway 550, we drove into Silverton in the evening, passing by a couple of less-than-attractive motels in town. We then stumbled upon a gem - the Wyman Hotel. Built in 1902 it is filled with antiques and charm. The owner was very pleasant and helpful. My wife availed herself of delicious rum cake and tea in the lobby. We decided not to pay the extra $10 per person for breakfast the next morning and that was probably a mistake. The only word of caution is that there is no elevator and it is a long hike up the staircase to the rooms. All in all, a fine place to stay in Silverton

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Grand Imperial Hotel
#1 of 15 in Ouray
Triangle Motel
Triangle Motel
#2 of 7 in Silverton

Been to The Wyman Hotel? Share your experiences!