“A MUST do adventure!!”

Krabloonik Dogsled Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabloonik is the fascinating and woinderful combination of wilderness dog sledding and elegant fine fine dining at an authentic and extensive log cabin. Celebrate the wild!
Fort Morgan, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A MUST do adventure!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were staying in Aspen for the week and found this as an option for our off-day of skiing. Read some of the reviews here about treatment of the dogs and was worried on the ride there that I might not be happy with the excursion. Boy, was I wrong! These dogs are as happy as can be and they LOVE to run!!! No joke, whenever we stopped the sled to see something, they were jumping and barking and chomping at the bit to keep moving! It made the whole experience that much more fun and exciting!

We arrived and were led upstairs to a cozy room where we were shown a safety video and learned what we could expect. Then we went outside and were introduced to our musher, Whiskey (who was AWESOME). What a cool name and a cool guy. We learned that each pack of dogs runs two trips a day, if that, and that each musher is assigned his own set of dogs. They learn the personality of the dogs and how to best pair the animals. It was clear Whiskey really did care alot about his dogs. When we were on the trail, he would call to each by name (and what cute names! "Peach" and "Poomba"). When going through tougher terrain you will see your musher hop off and help the dogs pull the sled. Wherever my boyfriend and I go now, we yell "hop hop!!" to each other as the mushers do (our little inside joke). We literally had smiles plastered on our faces the whole trip. On top of the excitement of riding on a real dog sled you will see such amazing views!!!

Upon return to camp you will be led to the Krabloonik restaurant. Foodies and adventurous eaters will be in heaven. We were incredibly excited to try the wild game!!! I highly recommend the Elk tartar. It comes to you with a raw quail egg and sea salt and capers. Oh my God it was heavenly. We still talk about what a great fun meal that was. I ordered the Elk steak and my boyfriend ordered the Bison. The elk steak was not my favorite flavor but my boyfriend loved it. We wound up switching plates. The bison tasted a bit milder and was better suited to me. The rest of the meal was also fantastic as was the service. This is a pricey excursion but so worth every penny. I recommend Krabloonik highly.

Here are some tips:
Wear your ski pants and DO NOT forget to bring your ski goggles. You'll thank me for the goggles tip later.

The dogs are not your usual pure bred huskies - they are still adorable as can be. They look to be a mix of husky, hound, St. Bernard. Does it really matter? They are bred to love to run and pull sleds and that's what they do. The route you take is 15 miles. If you ask your musher about the breed of the dogs you will learn that these dogs are purposely bred with other breeds that specialize in the short distance sprints that Krabloonik does on their tours.

Aspen, Colorado
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“One of a kind trip this side of Alaska!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Lunch or dinner can be part of your trip. Log cabin set in the woods near mid mountain at the Snowmass Ski area. Over 100 dogs announce your arrival as you walk to the small lodge/restaurant. The mushers get the dogs ready as you suit up in muk luks, parka and big gloves. You'll get placed firmly into the sled, so as not to slide around while the dogs are pulling you and youll sled through the pines and aspens toward the picturesque MT DALY, 14000 ft peak!
Outstanding a MUST DO!! You wont be sorry!

Visited December 2012
Snowmass Village, Co
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dogsled Adventure”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The dogsled ride is definitely worth it. These are amazing animals who love what they do. Dress warmly though as it can be quite cold.

Atlanta, Georgia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“fun experience”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

this is a nice change of pace activity for an afternoon - scenery is beautiful, the dogs are delightful and the lunch was great. a really memorable adventure for the family

1 Thank justdme
Palm Beach, FL
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful ride, a lot of food!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was our second trip to Krabloonik having been there about 11 years ago for the first time. We brought our young daughter this time for the unique experience. Our musher was Curtis and he did a great job with the dogs and was very informative and personable. These are working dogs, not pets, and they are very adapted to living outdoors and enjoy their " job". My daughter got to play in the snow for the first time and also played with the dogs. It was very apparent that Curtis was in control of the pack and had a genuine affection for his team. The food is included in the price of the ride but I wish there was an option to just pay a reduced price for the ride. The food is good but it is heavier than we usually eat and you feel like you have to eat since the prices are so high. We would probably do this more often if it weren't so incredibly expensive. The service was good and it is a nice experience but be prepared to pay for it.

Visited March 2013