“First Class in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Viceroy Snowmass

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
North Palm Beach, Florida
“First Class in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I really appreciated my 4 days at the Viceroy in Snowmass. The property is beautiful, set up on the mountain with many of the rooms overlooking the valley. My room looked out onto the mountain, but was nevertheless wonderful. Speaking of the room (a one bedroom suite with living room and kitchenette), it was impeccable and well appointed. The furniture and flooring was new or very, very well maintained, and housekeeping was prompt and thorough. I made use of the kitchenette by going to the grocery store in Aspen and buying some fruit, snacks and breakfast items when I first arrived. For me, it is so much more relaxing to spend my morning in the room, catch up on the news and have breakfast instead of making the trek to a restaurant.

The front desk staff was very helpful when I needed to charge my bike computer. A big save there! In fact, all of the staff members were helpful and pleasant. The manager made a point of telling me to consider the hotel for ski season because it is ski-in ski-out. I hated leaving the hotel so much, I almost booked a room to stay there from July until ski season started.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
We would have loved to have you from July into our ski-season! It sounds like our well appointed rooms created a relaxing environment for you during your stay with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and overall experience regarding your stay with us at the Viceroy. I trust that we have created lifelong memories for you and can anticipate your return the winter.

Warmest Regards,

Regional Vice President & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel with a pet and it was as good or better than the first. Snowmass Village is quiet in the summer but is only a short drive to livelier Aspen. The hotel has excellent service and is kept in pristine condition. The quality of the meals from room service will impress anyone. We travel quite a bit and because of the dogs, we tend to order room service frequently for our evening meals. I was constantly impressed by the meals we received at this hotel. Easily surpassing Fourseasons or Ritz Carlton. Hats off to the chef!

Room Tip: Opt for a 1 bedroom residence with balcony. It will definitely improve the quality of your stay.
Green Features: Has a charging station for electric cars. Room HVAC operates on motion so is dormant when you're not there, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Welcome back! It is great to hear that you have been able to take advantage of our pet-friendly property again. Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience here at the Viceroy Snowmass, we truly appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your furry loved one back very soon!

Warm Regards,

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This summer I had the pleasure of taking my family to the Viceroy Hotel in Snowmass and could not have been more pleased, the facilities and the staff are first rate, we stay in a one bedroom suite with a den and it was a great size. The location is fantastic for walking into base camp area and an easy driver into Aspen.
The one thing that stood out for me was the staff, from the moment we arrived they were on the ball, nothing was too much and all done with a smile.
We will be going again, maybe a winter visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am elated to hear that our staff her at the Viceroy Snowmass exceeded your expectations and warranted praise from you in your review. I am very proud to work beside such a phenomenal team! We look forward to welcoming you back for this upcoming winter season to continue to create lifelong memories for you and your family.

All the Best,

Cherry Hills Village, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Amazing property, spectacular views, impeccable service. We were allocated a suite plus adjoining room to accommodate 4 adults and 6 children, offering privacy for the adults and plenty of room to move around. We have visited before, and it is hard to match the ski-in, ski-out convenience during the Winter. The location is great in the Summer too, with easy access to hiking trails and gondolas to either Snowmass Village or the top of the mountain. The Bell Team at the front takes all the hassle out of parking and getting bags up to rooms and ski gear to the Valet. Excellent service in the restaurant and a lively bar with open fire for the evenings. Definitely recommend a visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your recommendation to other travelers in regards to staying at the Viceroy Snowmass while in Snowmass/Aspen area. We are so happy to hear that you have had the opportunity to experience all this area has to offer in both the summer and winter seasons. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Best,

Castroville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My son and I shared a marvelous week in a suite on the 8th floor. We were so far apart the privacy was amazing. The amenities were fabulous. Love my water thermos! The Nespresso coffee pot was a highlight of my morning, and the delightful kitchen made us WANT to have bacon, eggs and waffles. When we returned to our room the kitchen was spotless. Great dishwasher and kitchen equipment! We cooked in every morning. I have Never done that in a hotel. And, I've never seen a floor to ceiling SubZero fridge in any hotel in the world! Both bathrooms were beyond perfect, except the high faucets splashed a lot aroung the sinks. Also, would have liked one bright incondescent lightbulb to put on makeup with. If we asked for towels, they were there within minutes! The bedding and pillows were 5 star, as was every single detail throughout our stay. Our beds were turned down every night, and chocolate candies on our pillows. The concierge was caring and brilliant. The lunches were delicious. Because we were out every evening with friends, we never ate at the main restaurant for dinner, but we heard great reviews. The bar and servoce was an amazing way to end our evenings in front of that fabulous fireplace. My walk in closet was so big, I could have moved in! Thank you, and I hope to be there again!!!!!! Janice Hymer

Room Tip: My other son and daughter had the king single room and they were also wonderful. Our room could sle...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you! And we hope to see you again soon! I could not be more proud of my team for creating lasting memories for you and your son during your stay here at the Viceroy Snowmass and it gives me great delight to know that our well appointed rooms and hotel amenities made your stay all the more comfortable. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the very near future.

All the Best,

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Viceroy Resort in Snowmass has all the amenities and a staff which should rate it a FIVE-STAR RESORT. The staff greets you by name, the restaurant has an Exceptional Chief, the lobby lounge has comfortable seating, beautiful décor, cozy and loaded with friendly guests.
The outdoor pool has many comfortable high quality lounging chairs, lounging beds and covered cabanas. The pool staff is friendly, accommodating and cheerfully offers to refresh your beverages.
The Resort Rooms are large, modern, high tech, luxurious bathrooms and beautiful views of the mountains.
Just an all around Five-Star Resort that's fun for the entire family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a lovely review, we are very pleased to read that your stay with us at the Viceroy Snowmass created a lifelong memory as you experience everything our resort has to offer. It gives me great pride to know that our staff exceeded your expectations as well. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Warmest Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I wrote a review last year, my first ever on trip advisor. This hotel is fantastic; the service is second to none, the decor is stunning, and the prices extremely reasonable. The only thing I would change would be to add more vegetarian options to the 8K restaurant menu; some at our conference found this limiting.

• Stayed July 2013
Welcome back! It is always great to hear that we have created an experience and lifelong memory for our guests, and in turn, a customer for a lifetime. Thank you again for your positive feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass.

Best,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Limelight Hotel
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!