“Perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew this place was something special. My husband and I found a great deal for the weekend and decided to make the drive to Snowmass to celebrate our anniversary. I called ahead because we would be arriving late and I let them know we were celebrating and when we got to our room we found a bottle of champagne waiting for us and a lovely note from the staff. The room was amazing, every detail thought out. The staff was friendly and attentive, not pushy or pretentious, just perfect. We will absolutely be back. We were able to find a great deal through hotwire.com, especially because it is the off season.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy O
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Happy Anniversary! We are so pleased you were able to spend your special celebration with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. We hope you will be able to take advantage of our many Colorado local deals throughout the summer so that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Regional Vice President & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was here in late August for 4 days/3 nights. This is a gorgeous hotel! This was my first experience staying at a Viceroy hotel. I am a bit of a luxury hotel snob and this hotel was worth every penny.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel had a warm cozy feel to it. The lounge area off the main restaurant is inviting and I could have sat there enjoying the view all night. Whoever did the interior decorating for this hotel did a great job!

I was on the 8th floor and my bathroom was as big as the living area. I also had a mini kitchen that was fully equipped with wine glasses, cups, plates, utensils, fridge, and so-on. The bed was comfortable and the fireplace added a nice touch.

The restaurant looked beautiful but it was reserved for two of the nights so I wasn't able to try the food at the hotel.

Now for my favorite part......In addition to being a bit of a hotel snob, I am also a spa junkie and I am always looking for opportunities to try out new spas. This spa completely blew me away! Again, the interior design is absolutely stunning! The lockers are spacious (I feel that most spa lockers are so small you can barely fit your personal items), they had a beautiful jacuzzi and a separate rain shower room. The relaxation room was probably my favorite spot in the entire hotel! I would love to transport this room to my own house! The walls were covered in rocks with the waterfall feature. In the center of the room there is a circular structure that almost looks like a mini infinity pool with water falling all around it. The sound of all the water features was soothing.

The relaxation chairs were comfortable (I actually feel asleep there after my treatments) and they also have a cozy blanket at the foot of each chair. I don't even know how to explain the ceiling but check it out, it really adds to the ambiance in there.

I ended up in the Vichy room for my scrub and massage. Unbelievable room and their Vichy shower is to die for! I could go into detail about the treatments but to make a long story short.......BEST SPA EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE! I have been to spas all over the US and Europe and this will be the one I will always remember.

Thank you to Tami, Tanya and Holleigh for an unforgettable spa experience! Thank you to the staff for great hotel stay as well! I will be back for sure!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for writing about your experience during your last stay here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am delighted to hear about how much you enjoyed our property and even more delighted to hear of the wonderful experience you had in our spa. It is such a testimony of our mission to create life long memories for our guests when they are able to share about past experiences and compare their new ones. We look forward to welcoming you back for this summer season.

Warmest Regards,

new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Came for pre-Easter spring skiing with my son. We basically ski. Will highlight things about this hotel which are standouts.
1. Probably best hotel I can remember staying at for the overall experience, starting with:
1(a) Service is professional, timely, effective and solves any issues
1(b) Discreet, low-key culture
1(c) Defiinitely kid friendly
1(d) For skiers, location is ski-in/ski-out, not problems and ski storage and valet service around Aspen with 4-mountain sports is hard to match anywhere
1(e) Free airport transfer and free courteous shuttle service anywhere in Snowmass area (not Aspen though fyi).
2. Restaurant staff at 8K (the onsite restaurant) are very good, accommodating, adaptive, Food and Beverage manager who we met on shuttle bus from Aspen, Rick L., hard-charging to the point efficiency, embodied culture of service and problem-solving. Food quality is good, menu was not bad, good food but note not great and prices are NOT extravagant, they were pretty reasonable.
3. Rooms: Excellent, furnishings are good, and layout is well thought out. The pillows and mattresses are of the highest quality. Toiletries are great and robes etc very comfortable. Rooms have kitchenettes in them, diswashers, fridge and Keurig-type coffee makers with coffee stocked. Our second room which we moved to had a full kitchen with dishwasher, full size fridge and freezer, and a washer-dryer for laundry!
4. Pool and Jacuzzi: The water in the pool and the jacuzzi is genuinely hot/warm and location in the spring sunshine, is excellent. Kids have a great time there. There are two jacuzzis alongside the pool and nice places to sit, towels are available, and cabanas with gas stone fireplaces right there to warm up with.
5. Uncommon and Intelligent service : This makes this place standout
(a) Arrival day, we came after 9pm, hotel was thinly populated that evening, and I did ask the reception if they were still serving food; was told should be but it could close early. As we were settling into our room, we got a call from the Host, Emily who called to see if we were coming down to eat as they were planning to close early and wanted to make sure my boy was fed! Now that is called a personal and smart touch.
(b) There was a shower malfunction in our room as we found out Day 1 post skiing (cold shower ! Whoa!) but next day we were moved to a new room (and that was some room, I should say rooms). Let's put it this way, in my 50+ years of traveling of which 30 of which were as an adult, the first room was nice (studio with queen beds) but the second room was the best I have ever stayed at that I can recall (some others may have been more cosy, sensual, like in France, but overall with my young son, this was the best ever for us in our trips for the last 7 years)- in addition, the view was sedately spectacular - the village but above it, the best terrain in Snowmass was in full majestic view, the Cirque and Hanging Valley
(c) My son hurt his shins on a jump landing awkwardly. The staff at the spa had no spots for quick sports Physical Therapy but the front desk staffer, went out of her way, got me ice bags (With Ice in them) and yoga balm for him, for pain relief and healing. Note, this was simply a voluntary effort on her part, no cost, just courtesy and assistance. Now that is service and plain old common courtesy and relationship building
6. Staff who drove us to get dinner in Snowmass Village, Front Desk, and Ski Valet, Restaurant Staff, Housekeeping, all efficient embodying an excellent culture. Service is the best I can remember at any hotel. Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton and all those look pretty plain compared to the understated efficiency of staff here, nothing over the top, just got things done.

As I have said, the best hotel by far in the past 7 years of trips with my boy, on a ski mountain most assuredly and almost anywhere.

Room Tip: Face the mountain, though Valley view is good too
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank saintdax
It brings me such great pride to read your wonderful review about you recent stay here at the Viceroy Snowmass. Not only did our location, design and amenities create an impression on you, but our service, culture and intuitive staff created life long memories for you and your family for many years to come! Your testimony is what we strive to create in every guest experience we create here. I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very new future.

All the Best,

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I just spend 10 days in colorado moving around from vail, to beavercreek, to snowmass, and the viceroy snowmass was the highlight of our trip! The rooms are beautifully appointed, with a very spacious balcony and delicious linens. Great room service and an amicable staff.
I have stayed in many ski resorts and the viceroy snowmass has the best ski valet service and a really easy ski in ski out set up, as the valets receive you slope side to take your skis or boards so you can hop right into the slope side heated pool or have a bite at the nest restaurant. I will be looking forward to my return to the viceroy snowmass for next years powder season!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alex T
We are so happy to hear the Viceroy Snowmass was the highlight of your trip in Colorado! Our ski valet team really brings a special touch to the convenience of the location we have here on the mountain. We can’t wait to have you back next winter for another great powder season!

Warm Regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 8 staying in huge, well-appointed rooms. We were well looked after, particularly by the excellent concierge and ski valet. The 8K restaurant is good, although the kids menu could do with some vegetables and the live music was pretty overbearing. The Nest is fine if you're eating outside but a bit grey and soulless inside. Fantastic outdoor pool next to the slope. Sadly none of the rooms we had (and we moved mid-week to try to improve things) had a decent view of the mountains (neither does the 8K restaurant) so you could be anywhere other than the beautiful Rockies. And because we were there at the end of the season they cancelled the breakfast buffet, and a la carte breakfast takes twice as long and costs twice as much.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your larger, well appointed rooms during your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. We have just re-vamped out slope-side/pool-side café, Nest and would like to invite you back to see what we have done! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Viceroy North Lodge last week with my boyfriend and we absolutely loved it! We were in Snowmass celebrating my brother's engagement to his girlfriend with family. Prior to the trip, I arranged for flowers and a cake to be delivered to our table at 8k, the more fancy of the two restaurants at the hotel. When we arrived at the celebratory dinner, I was pleased to see that the concierge had ordered two beautiful flower arrangements for the table. In addition, the cake (chocolate with raspberry filling) was to die for. Absolutely delicious.

The chef at 8k is from New Orleans and as a Louisiana girl myself I was skeptical of New Orleans style cuisine being served in Colorado, but the food was wonderful. They also have a breakfast buffet every morning in 8k, that although expensive, is quite delicious. They have a wonderful array of fruit, meats, eggs, etc. Make sure to try the butterscotch pancakes that are a special one day a week, I think. Amazing!

The service at this hotel was fantastic. Upon check-in, we were given an upgraded room for a discounted price. Our room was beautiful. We were in a one-bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the slopes. I think all the rooms have fireplaces and we loved that feature. We used it constantly.

The hotel offers free shuttle rides to-and-from the airport, as well as to Snowmass Village. The hotel will also provide transportation to Aspen for a fee. Everyone that works in the valet is so nice and professional. We enjoyed chatting with them, especially Erin, on our trips into town.

The design of this hotel is perfect. It's warm and inviting like a mountain lodge, but beautifully appointed with contemporary features. The addition of the ski valet is fantastic. You literally go downstairs to rent your skis and purchase your lift tickets, then they bring your ski equipment outside so you can click in and go. The proximity to the Assay Hill chairlift is awesome as well.

All in all, this is a fantastic hotel. I have been going to Snowmass since I was very young and we always rented a condo at The Top of the Village, but I am a Viceroy convert now. The ease with which you can execute a ski trip here is perfect and we will absolutely return to the Viceroy North Lodge in Snowmass. I cannot wait to try other Viceroy properties around the world now!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Christine L
Congratulations to your brother on his recent engagement, how exciting! We are ecstatic that you have been converted to a loyal Viceroy fan and hope you have many more properties on your list to visit! Thank you for your time in writing a response and for the praise of our Eight K Chef from New Orleans, Will Nolan as well our Pastry Chef, Ashley Jenkins. We are blessed to have such a talented team here! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

as a starwood member, i was leaning towards the westin snowmass, but upon checking out the amenities at the viceroy, decided to book there instead. and i'm so glad i did - i'm not sure i could have asked for more.

at some hotels (maybe even most) you feel like you're tipping out of obligation. but with the exception of one gruff valet attendant, i can honestly say that we tipped out of genuine gratitude the entire time. i didn't catch the name of the ski valet attendant who handled our equipment on saturday and sunday, but he was great.

the room was sublime. although a tad small, i knew exactly what we were getting into, so i can't complain. if i'd been staying longer, i would have booked a 1-bedroom, but for a long weekend, a studio was fine. what better way to begin your morning than with a nespresso and a fantastic view of the mountain? the bathroom was huge and well-designed. i took a bath one night after a long day on the slopes and it was just what i needed.

i didn't get to try out the food at the hotel because we went to aspen for dinner both weekend nights and planned to eat at 8k on monday. however, it ended up closing. i was also really looking forward to the hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby, but they also stopped that the weekend i went. disappointing, but what can you do.

i'm returning to aspen next winter, but not snowmass, and i'm actually pretty bummed because it means i won't get to stay at this hotel. this is the only hotel i've stayed at in snowmass, but i'm not going to bother trying out any others whenever i come back. there's no way another hotel could top this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay here at the Viceroy Snowmass, it brings me great pride to know that our team has made such a positive impact during your time here. We are just as bummed to hear you will not be staying in Snowmass this coming winter, perhaps we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Eight K for dinner one night.

All the Best,

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
The Limelight Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!