“Not what we expected”
Review of Eight K Restaurant

Eight K Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Eight K Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brushcreek Rd
Description: Eight K features High Mountain Cuisine with southern roots, in a sophisticated mountain setting. Acclaimed Executive Chef Will Nolan creates innovative comfort food at Eight K using fresh, locally-sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible. Around the restaurant fireplace, throughout the dining room, or in the private dining space, lively groups and romantic couples enjoy seasonal menus and classic mountain warmth at the Viceroy Snowmass Eight K Restaurant. Offering fine dining options for breakfast and dinner, the restaurant features a glimmering display kitchen at its center and a stunning 87-foot glass bar. Complimentary valet parking is available when you dine at Viceroy Snowmass.
Park City, Utah
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Called to make a reservation for 7pm but they said nothing available and to arrive at 6:30 which we did. Restaurant was almost empty and they took us to a table close to the overly warm kitchen and sat us by windows where the sun was pouring in (I needed to wear sunglasses but forgot them). We were expecting a fabulous meal from this chef with southern roots (as I am from Atlanta). The salad was good, appetizer of shrimp and grits was just ok (I make much better grits) and my entree was not good. The shrimp jambalaya was mostly tomatoes and peppers and was and I couldn't even eat it. We were very disappointed because this was supposed to be a fine dining experience at our last night in Snowmass.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JoannaJ222

Denver, Colorado
“Overpriced & bazaar menu”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you like Southern cooking with a twist, you might like the food. But we found it hard to just find some decent, good choices without being ruined by some bazaar accompaniment that didn't make sense flavor wise. My halibut was overcooked & salty, so the mustard sauce on the sour tasting grits was just overkill of salt flavor. Kids like the deviled egg taster. My daughter's steak was overcooked. She didn't like her runny mashed potatoes. Server was barely to our table. The desserts were terrible. The brownie was more like a frozen piece of fudge. We couldn't cut it to take a bite it was so hard. Gross! Definitely skip this restaurant. There many better choices around.

Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Pricey and OK”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This reccomendation came from the folks at the Westin Snowmass. We went here for our 10th anniversary dinner. When we asked about the menu we were told "YES" they have steaks. We arrived at our reservation time and there was really nobody in the restaurant. We were sat next to a couple woman who were eating which was awkward - because there was really nobody else around and we were pretty close to them and basically listened to their entire conversation while we ate dinner. For an appetizer - we had the Elk Hand Pie. It was very small, enough for us each to have 2 bites - but it was really good. For dinner - my husband had the 16oz Prime Ribeye. It was good, a bit fatty. The bone marrow with it was fantastic. I had two appetizers for dinner. I had Pete's Angry Mussels - there were pretty good and then I had Seared Scallop and Fried Green tomato. Also good. The mussels were a pretty decent size however the Scallop - not plural - was literally a single large scallop. For the prices at this restaurant, the food was just ok. Probably wouldn't return.

Visited July 2014
“Never disappointed ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful restaurant. All of the food choices that I have had over more than five visits have been delicious. Particularly like to eat in their little library/den room. It's very quiet, comfortable and cozy with a fireplace. It's a bit pricey, but as I said, it's a beautiful restaurant.

Colorado
“Excellent, Excellent”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The menu and atmosphere are exceptional, especially considering it's in the middle of the Colorado mountains.

Visited March 2014