“Stuck on Stew Pot”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We've eaten here several times so it's not a fluke that the food in the Stew Pot is delicious and beautifully prepared. Great food combinations. We had the beef stew, veggi sandwich and the egg salad which were all wonderful and plentiful. We ate outdoors in the flower adorned Snowmass Village. It was an all-around wonderful experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

For being smack in the middle of Snowmass Village at the outdoor Mall, we were extremely pleased with the affordable prices. As it was a late lunch in summer, they were seating everyone outside under umbrellas at glass tables. We were greeted immediately as soon as we stepped past the gated threshold.

My Old Fashioned Beef Stew and the hubby's Ham & Brie Panini with a cup of Chicken & Sausage stew were hearty and full of comfort. Both our stews arrived piping hot, and I can totally see the appeal of this place during ski season being that the food was well-prepared and not too expensive.

My only complaint was that I wished my bowl was just a tad bigger, and that my floppy slice of multigrain bread was a little more robust (at least it was fresh!). The butter is the generic kind that comes in its own little foil. Both my bread and butter arrived on a paper plate, and my bowl had no plate underneath. The entrees are the focus here, so no little touches of thoughtful presentation.

The bathroom is up a flight of narrow, curving stairs. Overall the interior, both the lower and the upper, is tight and a bit dated. But the servers were nice and efficient, and the gentleman working that afternoon in particular made us feel welcome. Casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I were staying in Snowmass and ate here for lunch. We both had the stew, which was exceptional and then ordered sandwiches to go. My Rueben was one of the best I've ever had, including the deli's in NYC. My wife's ham and cheese was good, but not spectacular. This is a small restaurant with outside dining and we experienced great service, although it was raining and that could have affected the crowds.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had a very good lunch after a little hike. The cream of mushroom soup tasted very good and the day's special of hot pastrami sandwich on pretzel bread was just delicious.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Food was well prepared. Novel menu items. Great soups, salads, stews. Worth the trip. Eat outside if weather permits, great ambiance for a summer meal.