“A terrific place for lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ricard By Viceroy

Ricard By Viceroy
Reserve with OpenTable
Ricard By Viceroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ricard by Viceroy is closed for the Winter season and will reopen in June. Now under new management by Viceroy Snowmass. RICARD offers inspired cuisine and beverages at a fair price and is ideal for a gathering of bons amis. Dine inside or on the sun-drenched patio. Helmed by Executive Chef Will Nolan, RICARD is open for dinner nightly, with a weekend brunch on Saturday and Sunday. The restaurant boasts a rich brasserie-style interior as well as an expansive patio facing the Village Express chairlift. Viceroy Snowmass guests can charge their meals to their rooms.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A terrific place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lunch was so good the first day that we ate at Ricard that we returned the next day with friends. Nothing can beat sitting outside on a beautiful sunny day after a morning of skiing. Everything that we ordered was delicious. The first day we had a delicious cheese platter and hearty soup - - one French onion and one white bean. A perfect meal considering that web ad to ski back to Two Creeks after lunch. And, the service was excellent.

The following day, the food was just as good, but the service was very slow. The restaurant was very crowded with large parties which might have accounted for the slow service. But, I could use the rest so I did not mind. I can't think of a place on the mountain where I would rather eat lunch.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Awesome, yet very pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, fabulous atmosphere. Loved to sit outside & watch the skiers come in. But $300 for lunch for 3 adults & 2 kids. OUCH!

Atlanta, Georgia
“A sophisticated après ski option in the Base Village area of Snowmass”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Ricard's twice in two days. The first time was for a glass of wine after dinner elsewhere. We were utterly charmed by the beautiful, sophisticated lounge with soft music and a nice wine and cocktail list, pretty fireplace and comfy chairs. The next day we went back earlier in the evening for their après ski menu (3:00-6:00). It was snowing and cold so we again opted for the lounge rather than the patio. We enjoyed rose bubbly and then ate from their après ski menu: mussels and fries (delicious) and a burger (also delicious; must love Gorgonzola cheese). On both occasions, there were very few people in the bar or restaurant and we had excellent, attentive, friendly service.

The next day was warm and sunny. While my husband ran an errand, I decided to go back to Ricard's to enjoy the sunshine and a glass of that rose bubbly on the patio. It was very busy in the early portion of the après ski period (about 4:00). And then I discovered the service challenges mentioned in other reviews. After asking for service twice I finally stopped yet another server and pretty much shamed him into paying attention to me. Then I got good attentive service from that point forward. I did have more rose champagne and the shrimp cocktail which was really good - 6 HUGE shrimp and a delicious cocktail sauce. In the end I have to give this place a slightly lower rating because they have to get the service issues figured out. There were plenty of service staff who seemed vaguely disinterested, not overly busy. It is wonderful to have an après ski option that isn't a loud, beer/burger or taco/tequila joint.

Visited March 2014
Aspen, Colorado
“Great atmosphere and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Had a wonderful time drinking wine and eating oysters. Numerous, craft beers on tap. A swedish local provided us with more information than our concierge. Super sexy spot!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aspen, Colorado, United States
“Great restaurant in Snowmass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a perfect lunch and dinner spot in the most convenient location possible in Snowmass. I was on the mountain with a large group during the weekend and skied straight to the location from the top of the Wall!! Changed our reservation around multiple times since we were skiing and the staff was always accommodating and made lunch very convenient.

If you would like to have amazing food in the middle of the day while enjoying Snowmass mountain this is the spot. We actually came back two days in a row and if the sun is out you can enjoy outside winter dining while looking up at the mountain!!!! Each time we came the staff was always in a great mood and the service was perfect.

I would recommend the Oysters to start with a bottle of Plump Jack, then either Lamb, Salmon, or a Burger with Brussel Sprouts on the side.

Overall a great spot to take a break with friends and enjoy a perfect meal while enjoying a day in Aspen/Snowmass!

• Visited February 2014