“Great value for overnighter during Colorado mountain tour”

Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Dallas
“Great value for overnighter during Colorado mountain tour”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Friendly front desk personnel quickly and generously resolved booking problems when 3rd party service failed to relay specifics. Received nice king room with view. Aged property well re-done. Room with couch, desk, fridge. Parking in public lot across the street - uncovered. No permission possible for this motorcycle rider to park bike under port-cochere. Two blocks steep uphill is Mall with shopping and dining opportunities. Hotel is 12 minutes from route 82 and 20 minutes from Aspen. Local shuttle service all over, public bus trans to Aspen. There is no other property of this class for less than a C-note during the summer within 50 miles. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am here for a conference and Snowmass is so beautiful in the summertime! This hotel is well located, in walking distance to the lifts and tiny village. But the rooms have low ceilings, with inadequate window space, so they seem cave-like. I had to ask to see three rooms before I found one that was not too dark and depressing. I almost left the property to stay somewhere else but decided to stick it out. The hotel is overall, clean and there is adequate hot water pressure and nice toiletries and thick towels. The continental breakfast is terrible--they charged me $2 extra for a glass of juice and all I had was instant oatmeal. Skip this for sure and eat elsewhere. Yes, they were making pancakes and omelets but I don't eat that much in the morning. So, if serviceable is what you are looking for, this place qualifies.

Room Tip: My room is facing the chairlift which seems to be the brightest orientation despite a view of more b...
Green Features: No plastic bottles here--they use refillable soap dispensers
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013

we stayed here for one night.location is very good only 10-15mins from Aspen.
Rooms were very good but no a/c
Bathrooms is small but very clean
Internet is free and works good
Parking was free. that was a plus
Customer service is good.
for the money it is a very good value

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I checked in to discover that my room was not air conditioned. The curtains were open and window closed. It was 84 degrees in the room. I opened the windows. The room was located above the lobby entrance. So all night I could hear every conversation, every bus, every arrival and departure, and every drunken argument of folks leaving the bar. The room temperature never got below 70 degrees. Because of the noise on my first room and the discomfort of a bed as soft as a melted marshmallow, I asked for another room that was quiet and had a better bed. I was given a room with a bed that was no different and was located directly above the kitchen exhaust fan. The fan runs all of the time. It is very very noisy. I am amazed that the neighbors have not complained. It is in the front of the building and can be heard at the pool in the back. The fan motor cover which might muffle some of its noise had been removed and set next to the unit. As I was planning on staying for 10 days, I was very upset. I felt that my request for a better room had been rewarded with a worse room. I decided to leave the property. I called the front desk that evening to tell them I was checking out in the morning. The next morning I informed the front desk that i was leaving, they said that since I had made a reservation for the 10 days they were not sure that I could have my deposit refunded. Several hours later as I was checking into the Westin (where I got a cheaper rate) I received a call from Stone Bridge reservations. The caller apologized for my problems and offered better room or a condo. Unfortunately, by that time it was too late. I was gone.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room in the back facing the pool. The barman is very friendly and pours a good str...
Green Features: I was impressed by the hotel's environmental efforts
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
SnowmassGM, General Manager at Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,
I was happy to hear that you were pleased with your service at our restaurant,The Artisan, but wanted to apologize regarding the issues you encountered with your guest rooms. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations and obviously we failed to do so. I thoroughly investigated the challenges you encountered so that we can learn from our mistakes. Our front desk associate tried to move you to a higher floor with a view, away from the lobby noise since you were disappointed with your first room. They were unaware of the issues associated with the kitchen fan but I can assure you that we are going to work to address the exhaust so that future guests are not negatively impacted. I am sorry that we did not initially find a room for you that met your expectations but am confident that in the future we could meet your needs.

I welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the Stonebridge Inn as my personal guest and hope to be given the opportunity to turn around your negative impression of our property. Enjoy the remainder of your time in Snowmass. I look forward to meeting you in the near future.
huntsville
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was our first time hiking Maroon Bells and visiting Snowmass Village. The hotel was wonderful. We had purchased a Livingsocial deal that made this hotel stay with an amazing breakfast a great bargain. The staff was very helpful and friendly, amenities great, location within walking distance to gondola and shops...would definitely recommend the Stonebridge Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here after a quick weekend running around all over Colorado. Hiked the Hanging Lake trail (DO IT!) in Glenwood Canyon, then drove over to Snowmass Village to stay at the Stonebridge Inn. So glad we did! Checked in just in time for dinner, which we took on the patio overlooking the pool area and a little, bubbling creek that was really all the ambience we needed, if only the speakers would have been turned off from playing 90s rock hits. Still, I had the trout and my friend got a steak, and we were in heaven. Great dinner experience. We had hoped to hop in the hot tub after a day of hiking around, but alas, it closes at 10:00 pm and they put a cover on it, so your dreams of hot tubbing on a cool CO evening may be dashed if you don't arrive earlier. Then it doesn't open until 10:00 am the next morning, which, of course also just happens to be check-out time. Double boo on that one. The plus was the room with the window you can leave open to enjoy that lovely mountain air, the in-room stand-up fan, the cute decor and black and white photos on the wall, and the super-comfortable bed. I'd return to the Stonebridge, just earlier in the evening so I can enjoy that hot tub.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights during the summer while we did some hiking. Pleasant rooms in a convenient location to Snowmass Village. The rooms were nicely appointed, but a little small. The Artisan restaurant had very good food and courteous staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
The Inn at Aspen
The Inn at Aspen
#11 of 34 in Aspen
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums

Been to Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel? Share your experiences!