“The Five Stars should take note....”

Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
West Hollywood, California
“The Five Stars should take note....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have never had such friendly service in ANY hotel we have ever stayed at! Period. The staff truly like their work and it shows. From the very first moment we were addressed by our first names at all times during out visit (and the hotel was full).

The hotel is older, but the service was impeccable. We have stayed in fine hotels throughout the US and the world, and did not enjoy ourselves like we did on this trip.

Thanks! Stonebridge Inn staff!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ThomasBuckingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Stonebridge Inn

If I had to choose the most engaging aspect of SBI, it would be the warmth of the staff. You truly feel like a most welcome guest with no request denied. Stay a few days and you will want to return.

Location: out front the free bus to Buttermilk, airport and Aspen runs every 30 minutes as well as the Snowmass Shuttle on call. A short uphill walk leads to a mall with shops and dining and free events. Downhill a super market, etc.

The inn: Though not the most modern, upkeep is good. Very clean. Comfy beds, lots of pillows, towels. Wide screen TV with max volume controlled. Complex radio with dock. Quiet. Room size adequate. Good soaps and lotions. No AC and not usually needed. Ceiling fan, fan on a stand and humidifier. Separate bathtub and toilet room. Quick, forceful hot water.

Dining: Popular and very good restaurant with clever touches but not pretentious. Fresh vegetables, good fish. At breakfast, the omelet to order bar shines. Try the fresh fruits, plain yogurt delivered daily from the local dairy and homemade granola. The selfserve coffee/tea station is available till 3 PM. Wonderful free homemade soup is served late afternoon in winter. Happy hour till 5:30 and then again after 10.

Other: free shuttle. WiFi. Computers, printer. Views. Big, heated pool. Well equipped gym. Laundry.

This lodging makes a winter or summer vacation one you will never forget!

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Friendly front desk personnel quickly and generously resolved booking problems when 3rd party service failed to relay specifics. Received nice king room with view. Aged property well re-done. Room with couch, desk, fridge. Parking in public lot across the street - uncovered. No permission possible for this motorcycle rider to park bike under port-cochere. Two blocks steep uphill is Mall with shopping and dining opportunities. Hotel is 12 minutes from route 82 and 20 minutes from Aspen. Local shuttle service all over, public bus trans to Aspen. There is no other property of this class for less than a C-note during the summer within 50 miles. I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am here for a conference and Snowmass is so beautiful in the summertime! This hotel is well located, in walking distance to the lifts and tiny village. But the rooms have low ceilings, with inadequate window space, so they seem cave-like. I had to ask to see three rooms before I found one that was not too dark and depressing. I almost left the property to stay somewhere else but decided to stick it out. The hotel is overall, clean and there is adequate hot water pressure and nice toiletries and thick towels. The continental breakfast is terrible--they charged me $2 extra for a glass of juice and all I had was instant oatmeal. Skip this for sure and eat elsewhere. Yes, they were making pancakes and omelets but I don't eat that much in the morning. So, if serviceable is what you are looking for, this place qualifies.

Room Tip: My room is facing the chairlift which seems to be the brightest orientation despite a view of more b...
Green Features: No plastic bottles here--they use refillable soap dispensers
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

we stayed here for one night.location is very good only 10-15mins from Aspen.
Rooms were very good but no a/c
Bathrooms is small but very clean
Internet is free and works good
Parking was free. that was a plus
Customer service is good.
for the money it is a very good value

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I checked in to discover that my room was not air conditioned. The curtains were open and window closed. It was 84 degrees in the room. I opened the windows. The room was located above the lobby entrance. So all night I could hear every conversation, every bus, every arrival and departure, and every drunken argument of folks leaving the bar. The room temperature never got below 70 degrees. Because of the noise on my first room and the discomfort of a bed as soft as a melted marshmallow, I asked for another room that was quiet and had a better bed. I was given a room with a bed that was no different and was located directly above the kitchen exhaust fan. The fan runs all of the time. It is very very noisy. I am amazed that the neighbors have not complained. It is in the front of the building and can be heard at the pool in the back. The fan motor cover which might muffle some of its noise had been removed and set next to the unit. As I was planning on staying for 10 days, I was very upset. I felt that my request for a better room had been rewarded with a worse room. I decided to leave the property. I called the front desk that evening to tell them I was checking out in the morning. The next morning I informed the front desk that i was leaving, they said that since I had made a reservation for the 10 days they were not sure that I could have my deposit refunded. Several hours later as I was checking into the Westin (where I got a cheaper rate) I received a call from Stone Bridge reservations. The caller apologized for my problems and offered better room or a condo. Unfortunately, by that time it was too late. I was gone.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room in the back facing the pool. The barman is very friendly and pours a good str...
Green Features: I was impressed by the hotel's environmental efforts
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
SnowmassGM, General Manager at Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,
I was happy to hear that you were pleased with your service at our restaurant,The Artisan, but wanted to apologize regarding the issues you encountered with your guest rooms. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations and obviously we failed to do so. I thoroughly investigated the challenges you encountered so that we can learn from our mistakes. Our front desk associate tried to move you to a higher floor with a view, away from the lobby noise since you were disappointed with your first room. They were unaware of the issues associated with the kitchen fan but I can assure you that we are going to work to address the exhaust so that future guests are not negatively impacted. I am sorry that we did not initially find a room for you that met your expectations but am confident that in the future we could meet your needs.

I welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the Stonebridge Inn as my personal guest and hope to be given the opportunity to turn around your negative impression of our property. Enjoy the remainder of your time in Snowmass. I look forward to meeting you in the near future.
huntsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was our first time hiking Maroon Bells and visiting Snowmass Village. The hotel was wonderful. We had purchased a Livingsocial deal that made this hotel stay with an amazing breakfast a great bargain. The staff was very helpful and friendly, amenities great, location within walking distance to gondola and shops...would definitely recommend the Stonebridge Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums
The Inn at Aspen
The Inn at Aspen
#12 of 35 in Aspen

Been to Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel? Share your experiences!