“A Great Lodge!”
Review of Pokolodi Lodge

Pokolodi Lodge
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pokolodi Lodge for 5 nights in March 2014 while on a ski vacation. We will definitely return for our next ski trip!

Pros: Exceptionally clean and spacious room, comfortable mattress and pillows, friendly staff, free continental breakfast, organizational pegs on walls for ski gear, and great location.

Cons: Small, dated bathroom and few electrical outlets.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillandMelinda

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I can't add anything to the physical descriptions already provided by other travelers, except to agree with them ... spacious rooms, super-comfy beds, pool & hot tub and ski equipment storage lockers. Dave Mercatoris, the general manager, does a great job with the Pololodi Lodge. It is well-run by a friendly and helpful staff. The complementary Aspen airport shuttle runs on the hour, but when we arrived, a phone call to the lodge brought the shuttle within about 10 minutes. Not quite ski-in/ski-out, but very close, the lodge is handy to the slopes as well as the Snowmass Mall with stores, restaurants, rental equipment shops and ticket offices. The complementary breakfast is generous and quite adequate for a morning of skiing, and the hot tub (always at 104 degrees) and attached pool are welcome at the other end of the day. A wonderful week; can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side of the building. The free shuttle buses around Snowmass village and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 12 March 2014

A non expected nice Hotel!
The room are spacefull and full equiped with the needfull, big TV, mirror, drawers, fridge etc
The bath in our room was a little bit too small, but in good condition.
The Hotel has a pool with integrated hot tube. Every room has they own room for winter equipment which can be locked.
The rooms have balconies or a small terrace.
The staff are friendly a helpfull, they gave us tips to ski and for dinner.
Parking lots are across the street, but must be payed separately.
Complementary intercontinental breakfast offered, with actually a big range of choices.
The Hotel its really near to the ski slopes, aprx 3min walk, and just belliw the Snowmass Mall and so in a fantastic position.
I would recommend absolutely this Hotel for a trip to Snowmass/Aspen.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

From start to finish, excellent.
Free shuttle from Aspen airport. Very quick.
The rooms are comfy. Beds are super comfy. Instant hot water in the showers.
Mini fridge useful. $1 Dasani water in the room. Very convenient. And a coffee maker with everything you need.
Nice choice of breakfast. Simple fast.
Very very convenient location to the slopes, the mall with restaurants and your ski rentals and shuttle buses to the other mountains are free.
Very friendly staff.
Great destination holiday. I recommend the poolside rooms, away from traffic.

Room Tip: Choose poolside if you can. Quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

After I made my reservation for a night in may, passing through Aspen, I called the hotel to ask about parking during of season. The man at hotel proceeded to tell me that during my stay the pool is not open nor they will serve breakfast. Although I was expecting the pool to be open as the site states ( seasonal pool- which in most cases means it's open in summer not in winter like this one) he states that the pool is closed. The breakfast is another situation, my reservation, for the dates I'm going states very clearly breakfast included, and he says he will not serve breakfast, and it's the website's fault that they did not update the information. well, me as a customer if I show up and expect that I have something included I will definitely be very unsatisfied and I can not deal with the website I made my booking,I have to deal with him who will probably deny me services. He is trying to explain to me that the whole town is dead that time of year and I have nothing to do there, but that is my business, and maybe I will not be the only one driving trough and expecting to receive the services I paid for, so I ask him, what would he do, if I'm already there and he can not deliver what was promised. Answer was, " you are free to cancel, I don't need this anyway ". Well, I'm sure my business will be welcomed somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DiaA13
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here for 12 nights in February 2014 for a ski vacation.

Perfecty located, the Pokolodi is just a short walk to the slopes of Snowmass, the Snowmass Mall (some restaurants and shops), the free shuttle buses to other parts of Snowmass (base village and supermarket/grocery store), and the free shuttle buses to the other ski areas of Aspen/Ajax, Buttermilk and the Highands.

Rooms are spacious (with space to store skis and boots), warm, beds are extremely comfortable and the housekeeping staff keep the rooms very, very clean. Staff also keep the outdoor areas clean and well maintained, including the outdoor pool and hot tub. All of the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly.

The breakfast consisted of a selection of hot drinks, fruit juices, cereals, fruit, toast/bagels/muffins and spreads/jams - more than adequate to start the day.

The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle bus to and from the airport (about 10 minutes drive away).

We would most definitely stay here again, and we would not hesitate in recommending the Pokolodi Lodge.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, request a room on the top floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly/helpful staff, very short walk to slopes.

Good continental bfast, on open from 7-9 though. Delicious restaurants just a short walk away. Our favorites were Big Hoss and Mountain Dragon.

Great hotel, would come back again and again.

Stayed: January 2014
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#1 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Crestwood Condominiums
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Inn at Aspen
The Inn at Aspen
#12 of 35 in Aspen
Aspen Meadows Resort

Been to Pokolodi Lodge? Share your experiences!