Top of the Village Condominiums, A Destination Residence
Snowmass Mountain Chalet(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$113,503
Snowmass Inn(Snowmass Village)
  • Breakfast included
Wildwood Snowmass(Snowmass Village)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle servicegreat locationupdated kitchengreat condofree shuttlegreen runbedroom bath condoski clubgas fireplaceski tripaspen treesbunk bedscovered parkingthree bedroomhiking trailsfirst floorcleaning service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at this resort from Sept 28-30, 2012. The condo was in need of a through cleaning. The bed was uncomfortable in the master and the pillows were worthless. Parking is straight into small spaces. Biggest issue was the dead mouse in the dining room. I called and left a message on the main number then called after hours. I never received a call back. After hours came and got rid of it. I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank metcogal
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Got a great deal on Groupon. 3 bed 3 bath unit was great. Room Leaf 401. Ground level but had two patios and grass behind unit where my son could throw a baseball with his dad. Perfect weekend for leaf changing. Drive into Snowmass Village was breathtaking. Unit was quiet with all the amenities. Front desk staff were great. Pool was lovely but hot tubs were only OK. One was fine but the other was too hot one night and colder than the pool the next. Wouldn't deter me from coming back. I'm keeping my eye on Groupon for a Spring visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We went with the Groupon! A lovely place in the summer. Being a ski-in/out winter property means being a hike in/out summer property ... breath-taking mountain fields and flowers right outside our back door.
The Groupon apparently only included a bronze-level room, which worried me a bit after purchase, but we ended up quite pleased with our unit, Summit building #202. Older building, but modern decorating and very clean, new, comfortable furniture. The resort staff were very accomodating and the pool/spa area were very clean and pleasant. You really are at the top of the village here; it feels elite just to keep driving up the village road til it ends! As noted in other reviews, Snowmass Village doesn't offer a lot to do in summer (shop, eat, hike or bike), but it's a great central location off the beaten path for many other activities, and is just a short beautiful drive from Aspen. For natural beauty, I haven't been anywhere else in the US that took my breath away like the Aspen/Snowmass area.
We may go some day in the winter, but we'll definitely return in the fall. The miles and miles of Aspen trees were pretty in summer; they'll be phenomenal in the fall!

Downside: we were hot. No Air Conditioning on 90+ degree days was challenging. And since the bedroom windows open to the patio/walkway, it didn't feel wise to leave them open.

Room Tip: Every unit is privately owned/decorated, so it's a crapshoot. Probably worth paying more for a silver or gold-level room if you're big on amenities and extras. The bronze-level was average hotel quality, nothing special, not a "fancy resort" feel. Nothing bad - just nothing special.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We just left Top of the Village from a five night stay with another couple. We are in our late 20s/early 30s and were visiting CO for some summer fun. We stayed in a 2 bed/bath silver unit, the decor was outdated but we expected that. The facilities are clean and staff very friendly and helpful! It was great having a fully equip kitchen and grill, we went out during the days and enjoyed coming home to cook and relax on the patio! There is not much to do in Snowmass Village but we enjoyed the quiet community in the mountain, beautiful views and walking trails! Snowmass Village is the perfect location to drive to some fun spots. We spent some time in Aspen and hiked the maroon bells (beautiful) and rode the gondola there; spent some time in Glenwood Springs doing rafting/zip lining/golfing/spa day; and our favorite was a drive to Paonia to visit wineries, about a 2 hour drive but absolutely gorgeous!!! Recommend TOV to anyone, a great stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shanrenae
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed in the Leaf building (102) during the summer of 2012, silver unit, three bedroom and three bathroom. The unit was fantastic! I believe the property is about 20 years old, but they have maintained the unit beautifully. Granite counter tops, new carpeting, newer furniture, windows, appliances, and more. My family and I are pretty picky when it comes to where we stay (blessing and a curse) and this unit exceeded expectations.

The unit is a short hike, drive, or shuttle ride to the Snowmass mall. The mall area has a great selection of eateries, shops, and cafes.

Only a couple of cons: Parking is very tight, literally. Each unit comes with a carport but good luck if you don't drive a Mini or other small car. Since we were here in the Summer it wasn't a big deal, but I bet Winter would be insane. Also the outside "look" of the condos need an update, but that's purely cosmetic. Don't let it throw you, as it did me. When I first drove up I was thinking, "uh oh," but once inside all those concerns melted away. Just don't judge the book by its cover.

Ben at the front desk was fantastic, very helpful with parking questions and everything else. Thanks Ben!

Room Tip: Leaf 102 on the second floor was fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family