I am still terribly upset about what was supposed to be a great family vacation. We drove 14 hours from San Diego with the kids to meet my parents. Rooms not ready until 530pm, asked if they could comp a round of drinks and they looked at me like was crazy.
We were waiting as they said we could get adjoining rooms for us and the kids- my parents room was eventually ready at 530. I guess there was an oversold situation and when they said adjoining they meant next to each other, not with a door. We have a 3 and 6 year old. Crazy thing- they had one bedroom suites available. I asked if in lieu of the 2 rooms we had paid for we could get a one bedroom suite instead and all stay together. Let me also mention I am a lifetime platinum member with 100 nights this year. I also offerred to use my suite reward nights. Another look like I had asked to go to the moon, they said the rooms were amazaing and $1300 a night and they would not upgrade me. Ummm, the rack rate on my two rooms was nearly $1000 a night.
Instead we ended up with one room with one king bed and 4 people. FANTASTIC VACATION! Really , you hit it out of the park.
Not only did I wait in your lobby for 3 hours waiting for the rooms to be cleaned, but then the rooms didn't even happen, and you were not willing to work with me. I have piles of points I would have used to upgrade myself to the room, but no one at your FD had any clue as to how to do it, what they are allowed to do, and now with the second room cancelled I am still waiting for the refund and will have to spend a half hour on the phone with customer service to work it out.
The only reason I gave two stars is that the staff sincerely wants to provide service, they just have no idea what they are allowed to do, or how to do it. THere were people much angrier than me cursing at the front desk staff in other languages, security was there, but the management was no where to be found. On a friday night of a holiday weekend management should be there during check in and be on the floor, especially when they have new staff.
My favorite comment was, "half the people here are platinum, it doesn't really matter".
Reagan at the front desk was great, the bar staff in the lobby were very kind, and Van and Carla in the Kitchen provided excellent service. Mario in housekeeping was also great and brought us extra towels with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village