The Westin Snowmass Resort
Viceroy Snowmass(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$200
  • Restaurant
Laurelwood Studios(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$141
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$112
  • Pool
The Timberline Condominiums(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$181
  • Pool
Pokolodi Lodge(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Wildwood Snowmass(Snowmass Village)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Hayden Lodge Snowmass Mountain Lodging(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$420
Orbitz.com
Capitol Peak Lodge(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
US$420
Hotwire.com
The Crestwood Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubski valetconcierge deskslope sideoff seasonlobby areabell staffvalet serviceski schoolski vacationmaroon bellsaspen arearoseslopessnowmassjacquelinevillage
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This past Wednesday, after a late dinner (fantastic) at The Westin Kitchen, My husband I stopped at the desk to inquire about what kind of activities, besides skiing, she could recommend for our four children. Monique Wagner was very helpful. She gave us so many great suggestions, and even outlined all the locations on a map. The entire family had so much fun all around Aspen & Snowmass. We went to two Recreation Centers, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies twice, Cross country ski'd to lunch at Ashcroft, had milkshakes at Boogies Diner, and made our own pizzas at Bruneleschis. Monique is definitely an assett to your Customer Service staff. We were able to share the information with two other families we made aquaintance with. I can't thank her enough. We will most certainly be back next year...and speak highly of our funfilled family vacation!

Room Tip: we actually stayed in a condo, but we had several fantastic meals at The Westin.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Our family stayed there in January, we have 3 children 11, 10 and 6.
The entrance foyer and lobby is beautifully done, we requested interconnecting rooms for
our 6 night stay and was happy to say we got them. The rooms are a good size and
nicely decorated , they also have fridge and coffee maker which is great. The rooms had 2 queen beds in each room and a lovely view of the mountain. The staff are very friendly and helpful especially in the restaurant , we ate there the first night and the food was great and
reasonably priced . The kids meals included vegetables, instead of the usual fries .
The best part about this hotel other than the beautiful refurbishment is the location and the ski valet. We included the breakfast plan which was great , we got dressed every morning
went down in the lift for breakfast with our apre's boots, then went down another level
to the ski valet. There we just told our room number and the friendly valet staff got
our boots , and our skis were already outside waiting for us.
The valet staff even helped put the kids boots on, from our hotel room to the slopes
it would take us about 40 minutes every morning , including breakfast, not easy to do with kids but with the ski valet and location of the hotel it makes the mornings so much more pleasant.
It is also a great location for other restaurants at night time, as it is in the mall you can
just hop in the lift and go to Venga Venga across the mall or next to reception is Chinese or Italian all great family restaurants. The Wildwood hotel just opposite also has great bar with fantastic bar food good for apre's skiing or early dinner with kids, there are big chairs and board games for kids to play as well as a large screen tv .
For a family stay this hotel was great, the only thing the hotel is missing for families is a
laundry to do your washing . However there is paid laundering available.
The kids also love the complimentary afternoon hot chocolate in they foyer.
It was a great experience and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tjsinger
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Love the changes to the Westin. The only thing missing is Timbermill Band. The Wildwood is wonderful, too. We miss Timbermill because they are one of the most wonderful après ski bands in the area. The wildwood would be the perfect venue for them. Please consider bringing them back.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2013

It was expensive and service people were corporate zombies. Based on price I paid, (near $400.00 a night for small room) these things should NOT have happened:
1) It took a full hour to get my bags delivered to my room. I called 3 times and then decided to just go downstairs and get them myself. THEN, they saw me and offered to bring them up! 2) Had to call 4 times to get a microwave, which they had offered to me--(this was on a Monday afternoon and they were NOT busy.) 3) I ate at the hotel restaurant and it was INEDIBLE. (I'm not picky and I was VERY hungry!) Took a first bite of the chicken and had to spit it out! Expensive--they did not comp the meal, but made a replacement.
4) It was middle of winter and the outside jacuzzi was LUKE WARM. The robe they give you is as thin as it should be for summer, and I about froze. Lucky I did not become ill! The manager was nice but totally ineffective--there is no bathtub in the room, just a large shower, so he offered to move me to a better room, directly ABOVE the driveway on only the 2nd floor--- but I am a light sleeper and it would be too noisy, so I declined. He did see it in his heart to get me a warmer bathrobe from the Wildwood, across the street. They never did fix the water temperature on the Jacuzzi. 5) I swear they should have a 1-800 number just to figure out HOW to use the door opener, which is a CARD that you have to scan just SO, or it takes forever. 6) I wanted to use the computer downstairs, and "you have to pay for it!!!!" That would be fine at a Holiday Inn, or a Hampton Inn, but NOT at this expensive WESTIN!! 7) To add insult to injury, they tried to charge me all of the SERVICE FEES AND TAXES. I explained that it had all been paid for in advance through Hotels.com. Thankfully, I had a copy of the charges from Hotels.Com== AND the price said it INCLUDED all fees and taxes! Moral of the story: ALWAYS bring with you your reservation sheet. Well... I hate that I had to write this, and had hoped I could give Westin a glowing review. P.S. The ski valet and service was EXCELLENT. Friendly, non-corporate, and VERY helpful with my skis and boots. Even offered to help put ON my boots. I have skied many places, including Deer Valley, Utah---Stein Erickson's place, and they did not even give this level of service. Too bad it was the only thing about my Westin stay that was worth the money!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep at night, do NOT get a slopeside room on a low floor. Sounds like it would be great, but all night you will hear the snowcats grooming-- ALL night long! Get high rooms overlooking the MALL side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank writergirlTn_
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Beautiful if only the operations would rise up to the level of the wonderful Westin reinvention of the old Silvertree Hotel. It could be that some of the Silvertree holdovers can't really extrapolate and make the transition or maybe the Westin branding has not sank in yet. Yes, it looks like a Westin, a very nice one to boot but no, the final product is nowhere near. And I don't want to generalize since most of the staff were great but when management decides to cut corners and labor costs, they must weigh that against the final result. The wrong choices can end up costing you more in the long run. I could like this Westin a lot but I must admit it's got issues. The food was good yet inconsistent. My soup was cold. Twice! But it was housekeeping that was the biggest drawback by far. I couldn't even begin to count the ways. The slightly higher rating is for the looks and the obvious potential.
Good luck!

PS: Head across the street for the warmer atmosphere of The Bar at Wildwood. The food is great and the staff more relaxed.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the longer it takes to reach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple