Just completed a 6 night stay at the Westin. Reviews have been a little mixed so wasn't quite sure what to expect. Overall it was outstanding.
Location: couldn't be better. Right on the mountain. Ski concierge on bottom floor just off elevator. Plenty of help there, never any wait. Bring your skis/boots to you and take your shoes. Have to walk all of 30 feet or so to be on the slopes. Ski down to the Village Express lift or the Elk Camp Gondola. Never had a line during the entire trip. Also, part of the Snowmass Village Mall and a Gondola ride down to the Village. Short walk to shuttle to Aspen.
Hotel: Wendy has been mentioned before. Lucky enough to have her at check-in. Mentioned we really wanted a quiet location in hotel. She set us up in the area serviced by the South elevator, good walk from the front lobby. In area of rooms 888 to 898 Perfect. Top floor, overlooks slopes but set back. Didn't hear a sound from other guests even though rooms were occupied. Didn't mind walk at all. Many previous comments about the elevators being slow but hotel must have responded. Main elevator always quick to come. Usually took stairs from 5th to 8th floor but South elevator was always available quickly also.
Rooms: typical Westin, clean, nice bed/pillows/sheets. No tub in most rooms (apparently only in some double queen bedded rooms). Large 47 inch TV. No DVD player in room (we bring our own). Shower adequate. Single sink. Small refrigerator. Plenty of storage space for clothes. Large in room safe. Large desk area. Totally quiet heating system. Plenty of hot water. Main negative: no reading lights. Well, there were these strange cubes imbedded into the headboards which you could rotate out. Had a high intensity light. But, you would need to be imprinted into the headboard to use them. Very strange. Kept thinking they must extend or rotate but they didn't. Don't understand hotels that don't take into account people who might want to read in bed, especially when room is not equipped with a lot of space to sit and read.
Housekeeping: no problem here. Always had room cleaned while we were out and did a very good job. Plenty of towels, products, plastic glasses, free H2O.
Facilities: previous comments re Hot tubs not being hot enough. Again, seemed to have responded to these criticisms as they were quite appropriate. Two hot tubs available, one large pool. Always plenty of towels available. Water clean.
People friendly and helpful. Papers not delivered to room. Had USA Today and local papers laid out in lobby. They have NY Times and Wall Street Journal available but held behind front desk for first come first serve. Apparently not all staff know this as on a couple occasions asked for the papers and were told they don't carry them. Other staff came by to correct them. Up to about 11 AM, were always available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village