“a good option but funkie layout of you're on higher floors” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Snowmass Resort

The Westin Snowmass Resort
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Denver, Colorado
“a good option but funkie layout of you're on higher floors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Spent our anniversary weekend at the Westin in Snowmass. Great location. Nicely remodeled. Close to Aspen but out of the way and out of the main summer Aspen traffic. Nice pool, hot-tub. Only negative is the hotel is a funky "L" shape. Getting to our 8th floor room required 3 elevators and walking the length of the hotel every time, which was very hard for my wife who is handicapped. Funny, but even the bellman with our bags couldn't find our room. And although the main part of the hotel faces out over Snowmass mountain, the L shape put the last wing where we stayed with little to no view. That was disappointing. Staff never mentioned this. Also room service wanted to clean our room at 9am Saturday when we were getting ready to shower. Asked then to come back in 45 minutes and they never did.

Room Tip: avoid floors 6 to 8. Takes 2 elevators to get to 6-7 and 3 elevators to get to 8th floor. Make su...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hayden81615, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review after your recent stay at The Westin Snowmass Resort. We are pleased to hear that you chose the Westin to celebrate your anniversary and that you liked the remodel and proximity to Aspen. We are trying to clearly communicate the location of rooms and offer to move guests to the main part of the building when occupancy allows. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the future and exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel sits at the top of the mountain and offers wonderful views. The lobby is just lovely with the huge fireplace wall of windows.

I was paying a discounted corporate rate and I am not a premium Starwood member. So I'm pretty sure my room was the "low-end" offered by the hotel.

That being said: My room was perfect. It was spotless, tastefully decorated, with a balcony overlooking Snowmass Village. The lights are kind of funky because you have to use your key card to make them work. (Hard to explain...you'll understand when you get there.)

But most of all, I loved the staff. They were so nice.

The gentleman who greeted us when we first drove up was very helpful. He got our bags and brought them to the front desk.

I turned my back to get my wallet and give him a tip and he was gone. I mean...he was gone. He literally left.

He just deposited the bags and walked away...like helping me with my bags was his job.

When was the last time that EVER happened to you at a hotel????

And, keep in mind...I tip. I understand tipping. By the way, if I see him again...I will tip him heavily. Dude, you're awesome.

Westin: Give that man a raise. Or a promotion. Or something in customer service for goodness sakes.

But wait! There's more.

The gentleman at the front desk sped through the check in process and when we mentioned that we were starving he explained the restaurant was closing in 45 minutes (it's off-off-off season).

To make matters worse, we learned that nothing else was opened except a restaurant down the road...which would require getting back in our car.

Ugh. We groaned because we had been driving for hours and were starving.

Instead of giving the usual "sucks to be you" front desk shrug...he offered to watch our bags while we go to the restaurant for dinner before it closes. He then proceeded to take personal responsibility for our luggage so we could grab dinner before the restaurant closed.

Who does that?

The Westin Snowmass...that's who.

Stay at this hotel. The hotel is lovely. The rooms are tasteful. But the staff. Oh my! The staff makes the difference.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alton C
Hayden81615, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Westin Snowmass Resort, but most of all, we are so pleased to hear that you were so impressed by our fantastic associates. They truly strive to provide the best experience possible for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back often – You’ll have to come back in the summer when long days playing in the mountains are followed by outdoor concerts right on the slopes outside the Westin.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

The Westin Snowmass renovation is beautiful and the staff did a great job during a recent meeting I attended there. Their food and beverage, from room service to closing reception for our meeting, was fabulous. The front door, front desk, bell desk & ski valet were all top notch. Love the new rooms and spa. Bravo.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a beautiful late season stay at the Westin Snowmass and enjoyed everything there was to offer in the snowmass village. The hotel was a bit on the expensive side, but had nice facilities and a top notch ski valet service. Snowmass village was right on the bus route to go into Aspen (20-25 minute free bus ride), and the village itself had plenty to offer in terms of food and apres ski.

Room Tip: Slope side rooms have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hayden81615, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin and everything that Snowmass Village has to offer. We hope to welcome you back in the summer when there are wonderful concerts right on the slopes, and the hiking and biking can’t be beat.
Durango, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was in Snowmass attending a conference, adjacent to the Westin. The Westin was the group hotel and they offered a very reasonably rate for attendees. The staff went above and beyond in every aspect of my trip. I travel a lot for work and never have a hotel and staff impressed me as much as this property. I stayed at this property before the renovations and it needed to be updated. I liked the new décor and lobby area. I traveled during the end of ski season yet all staff was fresh and personably. The property is conveniently located in the village with easy access to the slopes, shopping and restaurants.
I would highly recommend this property to coworkers, family and friends

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this fantastic review. We’re especially pleased to hear that you were impressed by the service you received from our associates. It was a fantastic ski season, and we really ended it on a high note with two very exciting groups. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at the Westin during the X Games in January, 2013. The hotel was experiencing significant growing pains. The food quality and service was poor (one off us got quite sick; cannot say for certain whether it was the food). The Lobby is quite loud but attractive. The rooms were clean and the house keeping staff was very good. The Bell staff was great. Two people stood out. Kevin OB, our driver was great. He got us to the airport inspite of a bad traffic jam and we made our flight. Bernard, at the front desk, was also great. He understood the problems that we experienced and he made amends.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Hayden81615, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize for your disappointment with the food quality and service and have passed on your concerns to the Food and Beverage Leadership Team. Thank you for recognizing the hard work done by the housekeeping team: As X Games is definitely one of the busiest weeks of the year for us, they work especially hard to keep the hotel looking beautiful during that time. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Kevin and Bernard, and we hope to welcome you back when X Games returns in 2014!
wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Let's start off by saying if you tell a guest that you will call when room is ready (it wasn't when I tried to checked in) then call when the room is ready! A bad start to a less than stellar stay. I arrived on an early flight. Prior to leaving for trip I called hotel and said I would be in early - the desk agent said that she would try to get me into my room early but couldn't guarantee anything-OK, a typical response from a 2-star hotel but not from a property charging what I was paying for a room. I arrived early and room was not ready - agent took my number and said she would call when room was ready. After nearly 2 hours and no call from hotel, I returned to front desk to hear same agent say my room was not ready. The gentleman at next computer luckily overheard conversation and told agent that all rooms were ready for check-in. After hearing this - agent found my room was ready....hmmm.
What did I do for that 2 hour wait? On recommendation of front desk I had breakfast with friends downstairs. The food was average at best - but the price was outrageous. Especially the $5 OJ that I never asked for - simply poured at the table for all of us. If you are going to charge me for something - please ask me if I want it - just don't pour it in the glass.
And what is with all the employees standing around with their hands in their pockets? If you are at the door and opening it for incoming and outgoing guests -- then do not turn you back and block the door talking to your co-worker when guests are trying to walk through the doors!
Would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: find another hotel!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your check-in and at the restaurant. This is certainly not the kind of instinctive guest experience that we strive to deliver. Please be assured that all of your comments have been shared with executive management who will explore your experience further. Thank you again for your feedback which assists us in ongoing efforts to improve our guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The St. Regis Aspen Resort
The Limelight Hotel
Aspen Meadows Resort
Aspen Meadows Resort
#5 of 35 in Aspen
Sky Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!