“Fabulous Hotel! Awesome Location!”

The Westin Snowmass Resort
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fabulous Hotel! Awesome Location!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great service! Very accommodating! Great location! Awesome off season rates! Fabulous food! The only complaint I have is I wish I could've stayed longer! Close to hiking trails. Our room had a small balcony with a great view of the mountains and village below. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elisabeth J, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Tiff05
Thanks for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay – except that it was too short, of course! We look forward to welcoming you back for a much longer stay next time!
Best,
Elisabeth James, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

To Start I have stayed in Snowmass and Aspen a few times summer and winter (my daughter works out their)and we visit every three months or so, I have stayed at Viceroy , Capital Peaks, Stonebridge Inn, and Tamarack, Limelight, Hyatt. The first room we had was so small it should just be quoted as (a single persons room) .I transferred to a one bedroom suite that was a great size but failed in the bathrooms department .I know they remodeled the units and they failed to think to bathrooms out .In both units I was in the bathrooms were too small /no counter space (I had to take an end table into the bathroom to hold my things and one of the shower units was glass but failed to have a door ,I tell the bathroom was so small it could not fit a door and as a result you got water on the floor. Second Daily we would get car/ shuttle service from the hotel to drop us off at our daughters work to pick up her car /no problem great service, but when we needed to use the car/shuttle service to go to the airport in the morning to leave ,they told us we could only go during shuttle hours of 6:15 am or 7:00am and on the hour. Our flight left at 8:00am I did not want to sit or miss my fight with the times that were offer to us /(my daughter drove us).I just can not understand everyday we would get a ride to her work but on the day we leave we could not just walk down and get a ride???,there we cars and vans on the property when we left. very frustrating .I will be staying at the other hotels/condos on my next returns ,but not the Westin in Snowmass .sorry

Room Tip: if there's more people than TWO don't stay in a Deluxe Pinnacle Room you would think Delu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jan o
Elisabeth J, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear janetR
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to address your concerns regarding the size of your room with reassignment to a one bedroom suite but disappointed that you did not find enough counter storage for your personal items and that you did not like the open shower concept. We do have bathroom configurations that include tubs with the Westin Heavenly Shower curved rod and curtain; please let us know if you would like us to make note of that preference in your guest profile. Regarding shuttle service, it is great to know that we provided customized transportation to your daughter’s place of work on a regular basis. We do our best to provide personalized service at all times; unfortunately there are times of day when there is heavy demand for airport transportation, and on those occasions, we must set a schedule that meets the needs of the greatest number of guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Snowmass.
Best,
Elisabeth James
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After sending a letter to the manager after our stay in March, and not having a response by June, I thought it important to post a complaint here. How on earth did this property get a 4-star rating other than it's location?

The temperature in oru room could not be regulated. The banging pipes sounded in the middle of our first night (an obvious sign of an older property only maintained rather than updated) and fortunately subsided. However, we could not adjust the temperature and had listen to an over-run fan throughout the night. Those things were addressed by the end of the next day ... but it was all down hill from there. We had to sleep with the door open because we couldn't get the temperature below 74 degrees. The kind maintenance man offered to call the front desk at 10pm to see if we wanted to change rooms in hopes of getting a cooler room but because we were on a high floor ("and heat rises") it was the fault of guests on lower floors who crank up their heat because they can't keep their rooms warm (remember, heat rises). We obviously weren't interested in transitioning rooms at this late in the day, and without guarantee of a cooler room. Again, the mainentance man was very kind but the problem simply wasn't fixed and we slept with door and window open, each night until the morning traffic outside woke us each morning.

Our second complaint was housekeeping. We returned one day and our room had not been cleaned. The housekeeping carts were in the hallway so we didn't think much of it. We quickly changed clothes in order to get to our spa appointments (which was the only 4-star rating I would give to the hotel). We returned several hours later to find that, still, the room was not cleaned. We reported it on our way to dinner. The front desk clerk informed me that housekeeping was gone for the day and offered clean towels. Since we hang our towels, there wasn't any need for that.

The following day, we did have our room cleaned and even someone called to be sure that it was taken care of. But the day after that, we returned after a day of skiing to find a bottle of cleaning fluid on our bathroom counter along with a tab removed from a new Kleenex box. I took the cleaning bottle to the front desk to file yet another complaint. The front desk clerk took the bottle with a look of shock ... and that was all.

So these two issues were lurking throughout our stay ... at a "4-star" hotel. To top it off, I had requested that a replacement credit card be sent to the hotel for my arrival, in order to use the card for our expenses at the hotel during the stay. I failed to ask when I arrived but did so later that day. The front desk clerk saw that there was indeed a package for me and offered to have a bellman deliver it to my room or I could wait to have it retrieved from the other side of the building which was anticipated to take several minutes. i chose the bellman option, as this was prior to all of the above mentioned events ... I figured a 4-star hotel would stand by their word and make a simple delivery of an important document happen without incident. Nothing was there when we returned that night. We were tired and I decided to deal with it the next day - which turned out to be two days later - I asked for it a second time, with the same response that a bellman would deliver it, "for sure." Nothing happened, again, and I reported it to the clerk when I returned the cleaning bottle. They offered again, to have someone deliver it to our room but my husband was sick, it was late, I was irritated etc. so I told them I would deal with later.

I asked my daughter to call the front desk for me, on the morning of our departure, and request that the UPS package be delivered to the front desk so that we could pick it up when checking out. They told her there wasn't a package in the system. They asked her to get a tracking number. I just about died. I quickly called them back and informed that they needed to find my package, period. Meanwhile, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the credit card company trying to track down a tracking number and hopping through the security screening for such information as we all experience these days. And guess what happened just as I hung up the phone and we were exiting our room? Someone showed up at our open door, asked my daughter if she was such-and-such, last name only and handed her the package. There was no apology, explanation or verification of the delivery to the right person (technically, it wasn't ... it should have been delivered to me).

These were merely the three big issues at hand that even 3-star hotels I've frequented would never tolerate. We found wine bottles and glasses left in the lobby lounge area from the night before when looking for coffee at 5:30 a.m. The coffee was moved at 6:00 a.m. to support Starbucks - support Starbucks!? What about supporting your customers?? The breakfast buffet was overpriced, marginally maintained and had the worst oatmeal, cold and soupy only to be replaced with lukewarm and soupy when we complained. The ski valet guys seemed to be stoned off their gourd each day - one of them even dropped ski boots, literally, at the guests feet and kept walking. The pool area had used towels lying around each time we went. And as we checked out - our bill was incorrect ... go figure ... and took entirely too much time to reconcile.

There is no doubt I will return to Snowmass. There is great doubt that I will return to Westin Snowmass for even a drink, as that service was slower than molasses ... each day we were there. Overall, that's a heck of a lot of money to spend for service of this nature.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Dear JenniferM
First let me apologize that you did not receive an immediate response to your original letter sent after your stay with us in March. I joined the hotel in June and this is the first I have heard of your concerns; unfortunately I have been unable to locate your original correspondence in our files. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. While it is never pleasant to receive bad news, it is through honest feedback that we are able to identify our shortcomings and improve our service going forward. Please accept my sincere apologies for our service lapses. I share your disappointment and frustration that we fell short of your expectations in so many different encounters. Please contact me directly at Elisabeth.james@starwoodhotels.com or call my office (970) 923-8240 so that we may resolve this to your satisfaction. I look forward to speaking with you.
Be well,
Elisabeth James
Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Aspen/Snowmass area. From the moment we stepped out of our car Westin employees greeted us with polite smiles and generous helping hands. Rebecca at the front desk was welcoming and very helpful, as was Nick as he assisted us to our room.
High points:
Great staff
Delicious restaurant
Convenient location
Nice 'Green' voucher $5 incentive

Cons:
Maze like layout (though seemingly unavoidable)
King bed wasn't too 'heavenly'

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayden81615, admin assistant at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. This is exactly what we all want to hear: That you received "excellent customer service" throughout your stay at The Westin Snowmass Resort. Our associates greatly appreciate the special shout-outs, and I will be sure to pass on the praise to Rebecca and Nick. We hope to welcome you back again.
Brooklyn
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Candice, Peter, and Cory were wonderful. Beautiful views here in the summertime and the stuff was so friendly and helpful. Amenities were great. Such a relaxing place. Might be the nicest westin I've stayed at. Highly recommend. I will certainly be back

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mountaincity
Thank you for posting this great review on TripAdvisor. We're so glad to hear that you would highly recommend The Westin Snowmass, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just got back from Snowmass area for the weekend. We arrived Friday and the valet gentleman was friendly and extremely helpful. The layout of the hotel is odd and doesn't flow well however it's built on the side of a mountain and all of the layout of the village is a maze. That night after returning from dinner we asked the desk clerk Rebecca a few questions which were more suited for the concierge but it was late and she had gone home. She answered what she could but there was a couple behind me and I did not want to take more of her time. She told me should would call up later with the answers even though I said she didn't have to. Some time passed and I assumed she had gotten busy and had forgotten. That was not the case, there was a knock on the door and she had sent up a note with suggestions for our next days activities along with a map highlighted with a couple routes we could take and indicated which was more scenic. This went above and beyond any service we have received anywhere in the US while traveling. She went above and beyond what was called of her and we greatly appreciated her thoughtfulness and thoroughness. It seems like service is not lacking here in the least.
Here are my few negatives. There were some housekeeping things that should have been attended to like the fridge and cabinet it was in had some obvious spots as did the bedside lamp. The bed did not seem as comfortable as the queen that we slept in at our last visit in a westin but I am wondering if since this was a king if that was the difference. These are minor but kept me from giving them a five rating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank willtravel72
Hayden81615, admin assistant at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased to hear that Rebecca provided you with service that exceeded your expectations. That is our goal with all of our guests, and we will certainly pass on the kudos to Rebecca. I do apologize that there were other aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations, and your comments have been shared with the proper departments so that we can make improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and earn that five rating.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a few days in Snowmass for the Ragnar Trail Relay and stayed at the Westin. The location was great with the mall just out the door giving us lots of options without leaving. We also frequented the lobby bar - amazing pizza! The staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you especially to Erin and Wendy who helped coordinate all our reservations. The stay was great. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Smowmass!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing this great review on TripAdvisor. We're so glad to hear you had such a fun time here in Snowmass for the Ragnar Relay. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#1 of 13 in Snowmass Village
#5 of 34 in Aspen
The Crestwood Condominiums
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!