Wildwood Snowmass
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pokolodi Lodge(Snowmass Village)
Snowmass Inn(Snowmass Village)
  • Pool
Snowmass Mountain Chalet(Snowmass Village)
Shadowbrook Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
  • Pool
Stonebridge Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
View Hotel
The Crestwood Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
Limelight Hotel(Snowmass)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswestin hotelski rackfitness roomhot tub and poolslopesalonsohighlandsgondola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The images you see on their site of the wonderful rooms are all lies. The hotel was so called renovated in a trendy, retro style, but arriving to my room it look half complete. The walls looked half painted and the bathroom had a hole in the ceiling where a light was suppose to be. The room was unacceptable, so my boyfriend complained and we where switched to a different room which was no better. Still the walls looked half painted with gross "bug" goo on the walls. The weather was nice and cool which was good as there's NO AC, just a desk fan in the closet.

What a disappointing experience at the Wildwood, I never want to go back to that place again, and I advise that no one go there.

Room Tip: If you book a room at this place via Hotwire, etc...be mindful of the "resort fee" they don't tell or let you know of this fee. When you ask about the fee, they act surprise like they didn't know when the obvious know as they run the hotel. My boyfriend was able to get this fee removed, if you get this "surprised" fee don't be scare to fight it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elisabeth J, General Manager at Wildwood Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear TLR322
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Wildwood Snowmass. I apologize that you were checked into a room that obviously should have been out of order for repairs and maintenance, and that your second room was not spotlessly prepared for you. I have shared your comments with our front desk and maintenance teams so we may improve our performance going forward. As you noted, the Wildwood does not have air-conditioning but we do provide fans in every room for guest use. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. On you next visit you may prefer to stay with us at The Westin Snowmass which provides a full-service hotel experience vs. the retro-lodge style of the Wildwood. Please let me know if we may assist you with future booking arrangements. Best, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel has been renovated in a trendy way and shows real promise; however, management was poor. First, my friends (who had a different room reserved) and I checked in at 5pm and were told-- with little empathy-- "we're sorry but your rooms are not available." We sat and waited for an hour while guest after guest received the same news. People who seemed the most upset received free drinks but it wasn't offered immediately and given that some people had been trying to check in since 2pm, that offer seemed insufficient relative to the situation. Hotel staff wasn't even apologetic about this and didn't acknowledged how ridiculous it was. When we finally left for a late dinner, there were still guests in the lobby waiting for their rooms-- and it was 7:30pm! To make matters worse, most of us were coming from an all-night relay race and were exhausted.

Second, when I said I would compromise and take a lower quality room to get checked in faster, I was given a room on the 4th floor and not warned that it was inaccessible by elevator. Having run 33 miles the prior day, I could not physically carry my gear up these stairs. They did not have a porter on site so it was fortunate a friend of mine offered to help me.
Lastly, mountain hotels without air-conditioning usually come with fans in rooms and blinds etc. that allow air to circulate. My room did not have the breathable privacy blinds I saw in other rooms and instead had heavy curtains. I ended up safety-pinning a sheet to the screen so I could let in air while blocking out light and prying eyes (windows face walkways). I had to call and wait for a fan, too. Other small things worth mentioning: you're given soap but that's about it (and in my friend's room, they were missing soap).

PROS: The pool area is nice, the decor is fresh. Good location if seeking to ski in or out.
CONS OF POOR MANAGEMENT VASTLY OUTWEIGH PROS IN MY VIEW. I travel weekly for business all over the country and have never been to a hotel where multiple rooms were not turned and cleaned by 5pm, let alone 7 or later. Would not stay here again despite attractive decor and good location if you're in Snowmass.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Elisabeth J, General Manager at Wildwood Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Caroline H
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay started off badly when we did not have a room ready for you at our 4 PM check-in time and that the proper amenities were not in place when you did get to your room. I can assure you that our housekeeping team was working diligently to prepare rooms as quickly as possible, as we knew that many arriving Ragnar Relay teams would be exhausted and anxious to check in. While the availability of rooms can be affected by the departure time of previous guests, it is nevertheless our responsibility to accommodate arriving guests on a timely basis and clearly we did not do so in this situation. I’m sorry that you did not find the check in agent empathetic and that you were not offered luggage assistance.
While it is never pleasant to receive bad news, it is through honest feedback from our guests that we are able to correct our service lapses. I hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Snowmass. Best, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014

At the end of the day, it all boils down to the staff.
Were they professional? Very
Were they courteous? Very.
Where they accommodating? Very.
Did they listen to and take seriously concerns? Absolutely.
Did they take action where necessary? Absolutely.
Not luxurious, but budget friendly and all the amenities of the Westin close at hand.
Westin's food is delicious!
Dan, Sly (front desk mgr)Elizabeth (mgr housekeeping), Martina, Meghan and everyone at front desk and the valet and in restaurant were great.
....and finally, ERIN is a true gem!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sherry H
Thanks for taking the time to share your five star review of your recent stay with us at the Wildwood Snowmass. It is wonderful to learn that Dan, Sly, Elizabeth, Martina and Erin made such an impression on you, and that the front desk, bell staff and restaurant teams also impressed you. All of our associates work hard each day to provide an exceptional experience to our guests and it is always rewarding to know when we get it right! I will pass along your compliments to our team. Hope to see you again soon. Best, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My experience was ok up until I forgot my swimsuit there. I called the day that I left because I knew exactly where I put it (on the shower curtain rod). They continue to say they will call me back and never do. The only explanation is that 1. a housekeeper stole it or 2. they are so disorganized with their lost and found that they will not be able to locate an item even when you call the day that you left. This experience ruined my stay here, and I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear lovetravel
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we were unable to locate the bathing suit you left behind and that we did not respond to your inquiries in a timely manner. We did not find your bathing suit among our lost and found items on the day of your departure. We contacted our laundry service to see if it may have been mixed in with the towels from your guestroom; unfortunately, they did not find it either. Our housekeeping manager did attempt to contact you and I apologize that she was unable to connect with you. I understand that our hotel manager has since spoken with you directly to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. Again I apologize that this resolution took longer than expected. I hope you will provide us with an opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next isit to Snowmass. Be well, Elisabeth James, General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We pulled in late last night around 940pm. lobby was closed but no big deal, next door was the Westin hotel; which works together. Checked in there. Since this hotel is tied together we received outstanding service! They treated me as if I was staying there. "would you like us to carry your bags, park your car, come on over and eat some dinner at our bar.." Very nice! It even rained and the valet parkers took out two umbrellas for us! Now that's service. :) the rooms were AWESOME! I loved it!!! Loved the decor, colors! Kudos to the team who changed this style of hotel. Creative and I loved it! Even my parents thought it looked cool. Retro and different, but it made you feel like your more at home. The beds were comfortable, loved the pillows and the blankets. I didn't even want to get out of the bed this morning. Rooms have a small refrigerator offering a nice touch, coffee maker ( loved the Starbucks coffee). Their is a mini mall close by the hotel. Pretty cool! The lobby had adorable cushions and games which is available for you to play with, close by a fireplace. I even spotted a pool table. The coolest part about staying at this particular hotel, you pay less and can still go next door to the Westin and use their facilities. Thank you!! Family friendly. Clean. Neat. FUN! Excellent friendly service. Best hotel I stayed at on this long trip I took from Wisconsin to California. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It was our first time to Colorado and you made our stay beautiful! I hope to come back here some day.

• Stayed: August 2014
Elisabeth J, General Manager at Wildwood Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Vivkiewimom
Thanks for the five star review! So glad you madethe Wildwood Snowmass and The Westin Snowmass Resort complex a part of your cross-country adventure. The Wildwood definitely combines a retro-Colorado lodge atmosphere with fun and funky style updates, plus all the benefits of a full-service resort right next door. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next mountain getaway. Best,
Elisabeth James, General Manager