“My favorite vacation spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I have been coming to Fun Valley since 1999. She has been coming since she was a little girl. Every year our trip gets better. The atmosphere is exceptional. Friendly people all around. There are kids everywhere so my three make plenty of friends every year. My kids get so excited when we start packing and almost cry when we leave. This place is definitely a tradition that my family will keep. The scenery of the surrounding areas can not be replaced by any other place. We have seen large Elk, Moose, Big horn Sheep, and even Bears in our campsite. We love it and will always come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lnewton2

Reviewed 24 June 2011

10 years of our lives. My Daughter grew up at this camp and yearns for it all year long. 1st night in a tent; 1st camp fire; 1st fish; 1st day on her own; 1st bear seen; 1st horse back trip; 1st day falling asleep in a hot tent; 1st summer snow storm; 1st time watching grandma ride a bike; 1st street dance; 1st kiss; 1st break up. We would go nowhere else. Who knows what else?

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We participated in the a week of square dancing with meal included it was very reasonable with good food. Not fancy but quality. It was right on the Rio Grande River and the Travel Trailers you can rent were right next to it. Perfect to have your coffee in the morning. This family resort has lots of RV spaces, many are close together. There are motel units to rent too. Get the ones with a kitchenette. they have two small bedrooms. The motel unit without a kittchenette had no river view. Our unit #14 was above the laundromat and was very warm until the middle of the night. It had steep large steps up to units 14 and 15. There was minature golf, horseshoes and paddle boats to rent. Many of the families brought their kids bikes too. There are also horse ride and entertainment too.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the river, motel or travel traile
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank stapalm
Reviewed 16 June 2011

A lot of the people camping at Fun Valley had been vacationing there every year since they were children. They knew other campers and had wonderful memories. They saw the place the way it was 30 years ago and didn't seem to realize that it had become old and rundown. I don't think the owners are putting much money back into it. The workers are people who spent many years vacationing there and are now retired and want to spend their entire summer there. If you notice the other reviews, many have been going there for years. There is a lot of potential to the place and I'm sure in it's day it was the best.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank pawneecamper
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We have been going to Fun Valley for many years. When we first went we were a young married couple with no children. We now have 3 and they have been every year of their lives. We never worry about their safety. The rules of the resort make it a safe place for kids. All they have to do is obey the rules and everything is great. We rent them bikes as soon as we get there and they can ride anywhere they want. There is a security guard at the entrance to keep noncustomers out and kids in. It's great. After just one day they kids have made friends and we have these new kids knocking on the door wanting ours to come out to play. Just like in a neighborhood in the 50s(I guess, I wasn't actually born then). It isn't fancy, but the atmosphere makes up for it--much better than a 5 star hotel. They food is awesome. Almost all of the people working there are friendly and helpful. The ones that aren't usually don't come back. Hopefully we can keep going to Fun Valley for many, many years to come.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank VictoriaTraveler_11
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The employees are not only unhelpful, they are down right disrespectful! I made our reservation a year in advance of our trip. I called to change my arrival date by three days and to my shock I no longer have a room. I am only one in a large group that will be making a 12 hour drive to stay there. I was not angry with them or snappy about their rules. I was heartbroken over the indifference they showed about how they affected my family trip. I was told that "We only want happy people in Fun Vally and that if I couldn't get happy I didn't need to come." i could understand being told off in such a way if I was irate and screaming, I was crying people. "Family Friendly" a complete lie.

Room Tip: Will never give these people my money again!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
20  Thank 5famfun
Reviewed 2 February 2011

This wil be my 32 year at Fun Valley and I will continue to go until I can't camp anymore. Its a great place to go and have fun. My kids grew up camping there and they now bring their families. Yes there are rules and restrictions and if you don't like them don't come. But for clean family fun the place can't be beat. The workers are always friendly and helpful. Yes thru the years more spaces have been added and they are tight but he makes you get to know your nieghbor and we have made many friends that we look forward to seeing each year. See you at Fun Valley.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple