“I agree with "Hensens Please hear my Plea"” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fun Valley Family Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
Colleyville, Texas
“I agree with "Hensens Please hear my Plea"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I agree completely with the review mentioned in the title (that review was written 12July).

Our stay there was 6 nights and was marred by the “crankiness” of the cafeteria staff. Especially the “Master at Arms” fellow at breakfast, hopefully he was not a manager . . . I felt like I was in Navy Boot camp again.

Also, if you need to think a bit about your space number to pay, the cashier does an “eye roll” and scowls, even when the line is empty.

In short, the bulk of the cafeteria staff needs some re-training or replacement. I think the Asian girls need to be promoted, given a pay raise and assigned as trainers how to deal with and respect elderly customers.

AND the internet is awful. Don't expect to communicate effectively for work. (Yes some people work on vacation.)

================================================
“Henson's Please Hear My Plea”
Reviewed July 4, 2012
2 people found this review helpful

Room Tip: The spaces are really close together. The service rating above was mis marked and could not be chan...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank W K

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Graham, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We enjoyed the visit to Fun Valley. If we had our grandkids with us they would have enjoyed it more. We had an end site and had had room to enjoy. Those in other sites were crowded with little room to set up between campers.The worst thing was the electricity. There is a restaurant on site; a store; and entertainment for all ages. I will come back when the replace and upgrade the electricity. My surge protector went off a few times.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sbri09
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I've been to Fun Valley a jillion times over the last 30 years. This was probably my last trip. Nearly every time we go, there are hateful people working in the serving line in the restaurant, and sometimes in the office. Last week, a lady working behind the lunch counter told me very grouchily "Hold your plate up there! You're going to dribble!!!" There was one lady and the teenagers that are nice in the restaurant, otherwise, the rest are rude. We even heard one bragging to the other about how she "told" some customer off who'd made a mess. The folks working the Snack Shack were nice however, and I felt like telling them that their sweet dispositions need to rub off on the grouchy people in the restaurant. Don't park your RV too long in the entrance or the old man will grouch at you there too, and watch out for more grouches in the grocery store. The place needs new paint, and sprucing up desperately. The concrete is peeling up in patches outside the restaurant, the bath houses need updating, and the Funatorium for the kids was only fun when I was a kid. What kid today wants to play foosball? It needs to be revamped and some money spent or they might as well lock the doors and turn out the lights. With all the campers in there, Mack's family needs to start putting back some of the money they're bringing in and make this place as wonderful as it could be. Rustic, yes, falling down -- uh, no. The golf course was falling apart until the boulders fell from the mountain and totally demolished the rest of the sorry thing. At least they replaced it with a decent course. One thing I'd bet money on -- 20 years from now, the new golf course will look run down just like the rest of the place. This was my family's treasured vacation spot. Somebody in the family please work this place. It hurts my heart to see it look so bad.

Room Tip: Go before July. It gets packed like sardines in a can.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Sadvalley

Travellers are raving about these South Fork hotels

moore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have only missed a handfull of years since the late 70's when I was a young kid. I have been taking my wife and kids every year. I have camped all over the place and have found nothing equal to Fun Valley. Sure the camp spots are extremely tight and you wil track ash and dirt in your trailer and your trailer will smell like a campfire for months to follow. But in my opinion there is no other place where you can camp and let your kids explore and play from sun up till sun down without worrying about thier saftey. I have always stayed in the 600's camp spots just because I always have and we get to meet the same people every year. The newer camp spots at the West end are larger if you need elbow room. The facility maintenance has gone down over the past several years but the atmosphere is still the same and can't be beat. We spend 3 weeks in Coloradro each summer and have tried several other campgrounds for a few night either coming or going to Fun Valley and have found nothing that compares. My family will be coming back for years I can't get my kids to go any other place

4 Thank shawn p
Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have been going there 31 years love it, Love the history of it!! I like the old run down look love it fits with the history of colorado, For those of you that dont like the run down look or the rustic look of the place find you some where else to go not everyone likes change! like old saying goes if its not broke dont fix it.How do we all know your not the rude people up there cause for the sound of you can not be pleased with the way that it is sorry for you but there are many other place in colorado you can go too!! As for me and my family and friends we will countine to go to the greatest place in colorado an that is FUN VALLEY FAMILY RESORT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Bryan Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

The snack shack has had it!Strawberry malt sucks.Runny milk two different times and prices for everything is up up up.Ok to camp.Everything is running down.SAd Sad SAd.Was a lovely place a few years ago.

7 Thank ktex57
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have been taking my family here for many years... Never again! Since Mack passed away the family has not kept the place up and all the old crew that have helped run it are getting old and grouchy. In fairness, most of the workers are nice and helpful but those in the office are not.

Fun Valley is in a beautiful natural setting but has seen little in capital improvements for many years. The bath houses are horrible.

19 Thank Headinwest_11