“The best place to make memories an make a tradition!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fun Valley Family Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
“The best place to make memories an make a tradition!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is a great place to take your family. My grandparents started going to Fun Valley 30 years ago, and now my husband, kids, parents, brothers and I go every year. It's been a family tradition for years and many years to come. In memory of my Papa:)

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Leanos

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many complaints about this place. My family & I loved it, granted we've only been there twice, but plan to go this summer. The rv/camper spaces seem tight, but once we were settled in, I didn't even notice. We never did eat in the restaurant, but I love to cook when there are no other pressing matters at hand, & there are no pressing matters at Fun Valley. The pricing for the activities seem fair to me. You can take your own tube to go down the river (yes, it’s freezing cold, but you acclimate quickly) but don't forget your water socks, tons of rocks. We had 2 teenagers, a 7 & 8 year old. I would recommend taking your own bikes if you have room, so you don't have to rent one (or 4). We didn't have any issues with the folks that work the front desk, the activities booth, the guarantee-catch pond, nothing. At least, I never noticed attitude. They all know their stuff & they're older so they deserve respect for that alone.
This is a mom & pop's type of place. For every activity you or your kids do, you can charge to your campsite and it's written on a piece of paper where everything you did is tallied when you check-out.
For the newbies checking in w/camper -> (it seems everyone knew what they were doing & I had no clue) & it seems full but you'll find a space.
At the entrance-park with enough room to leave people coming in/out (plenty of room, don’t worry) and let the front desk know you're checking in w/camper. They will give you a piece of paper (to write campsite number), travel the campground & find your space, set-up camp & then go back to the office to let them know your info. Anyone in your party can charge to your campsite except at the ice cream/burger joint.
People that come here have been coming for you years. The entire place centers around family, love it!

Didn't actually go last year, but wanted to....

Hope this helps!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank LizaV124
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Yesterday I called Fun Valley to book a cabin. There were no cabins left for our dates so we elected to stay in a motel with a kitchen. After talking with our family we decided that it would be better to get two motel rooms rather than just one.
I called this morning to make the change. We wanted the kitchen-motel to be in my sister's name and the new room to be in mine.
After explaining the situation to the folks that make the reservations, they told me that in order to do this I would need to cancel our current reservation and start over. I agreed. Click, the line goes dead.
I called right back and said "sorry, I think we were disconnected".
The man said "no, you said you wanted to cancel so I cancelled the reservation and hung up".
I said, " right, I want to cancel and start over".
His reply was, "we don't have any other rooms available for the dates your requesting".
"Oh, well then I guess we will just keep what we have and make it work".
"Sorry mam, we've already cancelled your reservation and there is a waitlist".

I would have never cancelled had I realized they were completely booked and we would have lost our room and not been able to get new ones. It seems to me he should have told me upfront that there were no other rooms available.

I tried to reason with him to no avail. It's sad to me. My family has been going there for years and have loved it. My dad stores his camper there every summer. Looks like our family will be finding a new place, one that listens and tries to accomodate their customers, to have our reunions. :(

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
25 Thank Denise B

Travellers are raving about these South Fork hotels

Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was our first "highly recommended" trip to Fun Valley! I have so much to say about this place! If your family oriented and love to see your kids have a blast, then GO! We had so much fun, rest and fished so much! We took 3 boys 14,15 and 16 years old and not a one complained the whole 4 days we were camping. It was crowded but it was not a problem the folks there are just awesome! We will be going back, already planning our next trip!!!

Room Tip: Camping was ok but getting a trailer for next year....to old to sleep on the air matteress on the gr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Vanessa D
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I've been coming here personally for the last 8 yrs and have really enjoyed taking my kids.For the adults it's a piece of mind knowing the resort is a fun family friendly atmosphere where our children can just be kids an explore nature w/ kids their age from around the country.The resort has many different activities for the family.Horseback riding/,ladder golf/horse shoes/ fishing/ putt putt golf/ paddle boats / bike rentals/ basketball/ and much more. Don't get me wrong , there is always room for improvemt but there is also plenty as it stands to start creating wonderful memories w/ your children or loved ones.my wife and her family have been coming to fun valley for 30+ yrs

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Julio R
Colleyville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I agree completely with the review mentioned in the title (that review was written 12July).

Our stay there was 6 nights and was marred by the “crankiness” of the cafeteria staff. Especially the “Master at Arms” fellow at breakfast, hopefully he was not a manager . . . I felt like I was in Navy Boot camp again.

Also, if you need to think a bit about your space number to pay, the cashier does an “eye roll” and scowls, even when the line is empty.

In short, the bulk of the cafeteria staff needs some re-training or replacement. I think the Asian girls need to be promoted, given a pay raise and assigned as trainers how to deal with and respect elderly customers.

AND the internet is awful. Don't expect to communicate effectively for work. (Yes some people work on vacation.)

================================================
“Henson's Please Hear My Plea”
Reviewed July 4, 2012
2 people found this review helpful

Room Tip: The spaces are really close together. The service rating above was mis marked and could not be chan...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank W K
Graham, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We enjoyed the visit to Fun Valley. If we had our grandkids with us they would have enjoyed it more. We had an end site and had had room to enjoy. Those in other sites were crowded with little room to set up between campers.The worst thing was the electricity. There is a restaurant on site; a store; and entertainment for all ages. I will come back when the replace and upgrade the electricity. My surge protector went off a few times.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family