“Worse customer service for our trip. I was so disappointed with this place and the grumpy staff.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have stayed here before but will never do so again. We arrived late and were told the price but did not need to pay until after breakfest in the morning. When we did pay the price was upped, we had to pay for a full breakfest for one child who just had a biscut. We couldn't even hook up our camper for the night because the service was so outdated that our electric cord didn't match. All this "service" for a bunch of nothing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
18 Thank Beverly J

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We heard about Fun Valley through a co-worker and she highly recommend the area since we like to take our girls and our nephews and nieces along for any camping. Only thing was when I called I couldn't make any type of reservation and I was told,"It's first come first serve throughout the day". Which means if we drove the 4 hours there and they didn't have any campsites opens we were out of luck. But we took a chance and headed out. When we arrived the gentleman in the office was upfront and told us, "we've got a couple of campsites but the sites are very near the RV's and if you want privacy they will not work for you and your family." So he told us drive around the sites and let us know what you think. We found a great spot off the river on a grassy area. So we asked for it and they said that would be okay. Camped for 3 days and it was great. Only problem was we were constantly monitored by some of the staff workers and camper/RV'rs. Like I mentioned before we enjoy taking our nephew and nieces so there was a total of 8 of us. Our kids didn't run around the site and neither did they make loud noises. We kept to ourselves and tried to enjoy some of the activities on the site. The last day a worker goes up to my husband and asks him. "Did you pay for your site already because I'll follow you up to the office to make sure you do and take all your trash don't leave it behind. Are you all Mexicans or what?" Excuse me? Sorry but we are Native Americans!! Little did he know I was at the office paying for our campsites while he was bullying my family as they were packing up. I reported to the office after my husband told me and was told they will take care of it. I don't know if they did. But I agree with some of the other people, some of the workers are nice and very helpful and others have been there tooo long I think it gets to them so they don't need to be there. They're just ruining it for the reputation of Fun Valley. Sardines is right..maybe they need extent the site because it was pretty full. I'm not sure if Fun Valley will be part of our campsites this year but I'm sure my family of 8 is nothing compared to all the wonderful regulars that go there every year. All in all our kids had fun and the stupid comment from the employee just ruined it and we were glad we were packing up.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank TheJohns12
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is a great place to take your family. My grandparents started going to Fun Valley 30 years ago, and now my husband, kids, parents, brothers and I go every year. It's been a family tradition for years and many years to come. In memory of my Papa:)

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Leanos
Kansas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many complaints about this place. My family & I loved it, granted we've only been there twice, but plan to go this summer. The rv/camper spaces seem tight, but once we were settled in, I didn't even notice. We never did eat in the restaurant, but I love to cook when there are no other pressing matters at hand, & there are no pressing matters at Fun Valley. The pricing for the activities seem fair to me. You can take your own tube to go down the river (yes, it’s freezing cold, but you acclimate quickly) but don't forget your water socks, tons of rocks. We had 2 teenagers, a 7 & 8 year old. I would recommend taking your own bikes if you have room, so you don't have to rent one (or 4). We didn't have any issues with the folks that work the front desk, the activities booth, the guarantee-catch pond, nothing. At least, I never noticed attitude. They all know their stuff & they're older so they deserve respect for that alone.
This is a mom & pop's type of place. For every activity you or your kids do, you can charge to your campsite and it's written on a piece of paper where everything you did is tallied when you check-out.
For the newbies checking in w/camper -> (it seems everyone knew what they were doing & I had no clue) & it seems full but you'll find a space.
At the entrance-park with enough room to leave people coming in/out (plenty of room, don’t worry) and let the front desk know you're checking in w/camper. They will give you a piece of paper (to write campsite number), travel the campground & find your space, set-up camp & then go back to the office to let them know your info. Anyone in your party can charge to your campsite except at the ice cream/burger joint.
People that come here have been coming for you years. The entire place centers around family, love it!

Didn't actually go last year, but wanted to....

Hope this helps!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank LizaV124
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Yesterday I called Fun Valley to book a cabin. There were no cabins left for our dates so we elected to stay in a motel with a kitchen. After talking with our family we decided that it would be better to get two motel rooms rather than just one.
I called this morning to make the change. We wanted the kitchen-motel to be in my sister's name and the new room to be in mine.
After explaining the situation to the folks that make the reservations, they told me that in order to do this I would need to cancel our current reservation and start over. I agreed. Click, the line goes dead.
I called right back and said "sorry, I think we were disconnected".
The man said "no, you said you wanted to cancel so I cancelled the reservation and hung up".
I said, " right, I want to cancel and start over".
His reply was, "we don't have any other rooms available for the dates your requesting".
"Oh, well then I guess we will just keep what we have and make it work".
"Sorry mam, we've already cancelled your reservation and there is a waitlist".

I would have never cancelled had I realized they were completely booked and we would have lost our room and not been able to get new ones. It seems to me he should have told me upfront that there were no other rooms available.

I tried to reason with him to no avail. It's sad to me. My family has been going there for years and have loved it. My dad stores his camper there every summer. Looks like our family will be finding a new place, one that listens and tries to accomodate their customers, to have our reunions. :(

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
25 Thank Denise B

Travellers are raving about these South Fork hotels

Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was our first "highly recommended" trip to Fun Valley! I have so much to say about this place! If your family oriented and love to see your kids have a blast, then GO! We had so much fun, rest and fished so much! We took 3 boys 14,15 and 16 years old and not a one complained the whole 4 days we were camping. It was crowded but it was not a problem the folks there are just awesome! We will be going back, already planning our next trip!!!

Room Tip: Camping was ok but getting a trailer for next year....to old to sleep on the air matteress on the gr...