“Had a great time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
Albuquerque
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We took a short trip to Fun Valley staying in our travel trailer. Our initial thought upon entering the facilities was that it was too crowded. We had been invited by family members who stay here several months out of every year in their 5th wheel. We do not usually stay at these type of camping facilities. Though it was a slight tight fit into our space, we actually enjoyed our friendly neighbors on all sides of us. Everyone was so helpful and nice that we didn't mind how close we were. We took our bikes and I'm glad we did. Our kids rode all around the huge facilities without a care in the world. It was like one big happy friendly community with a ton of kids everywhere. They have a lot of activities like paddle boats, tubing in the river, horseback riding, recreation room, dining facilities if you don't want to cook yourself, dance hall with a live band. We had such a great time here we will definitely return next year. My children absolutely loved it here and all the employees and patrons were very friendly. My kids even participated in the talent show and won 2nd place. We took a 2 hour long horseback riding trip and it was a blast. We went up and down very steep hills and the scenery was absolutely beautiful.

4 Thank frodo33

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We just came back from an extended vacation which included the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and ended at Fun Valley. Other than the occasional gray ash in the river, there were no signs of the forest fire which occurred this past summer. We had a good spot beside the river and enjoyed very much the pleasant sound during our stay. Also, there were 3 new batches of ducklings being raised there. Must be the mother ducks know the safety at FV. Fishing was great as there were several 6-11 lb. trout caught by kids. With the exception of an afternoon shower, the weather was exceptional, even at night. It appeared the kids outnumbered the adults and all were having a good time. Our plans are to return in September on our way to Yellowstone. RETIREMENT IS FUN!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

Room Tip: I was in my travel trailer so it could not have been any better
4 Thank Larry J
Reviewed 30 July 2013

On my first visit to Fun Valley I had the disappointing experience of talking to an older lady at the front desk. Based on pictures on the office wall I believe she was one of the owners. I had stopped there to inquire about staying there the next summer. I explained that I was currently staying at a nearby campground due to not getting an answer when calling Fun Valley months earlier for reservations. She quickly and arrogantly informed me that they were large enough to preclude me from needing reservations. When I explained that since I would be driving 700 miles to get there, reservations seem appropriate to assure space would be available. She then rudely reinterrated that they don't take reservations. I next asked that since I was there could I drive through the campground with a temporary pass to view the facilities anticipating a future stay even in lieu of not being able to make reservations. She then asked if I knew anyone in the park? When I responded with "no", she rudely snapped "then you're not going in" and turned around and walked away. I've camped (with reservations) in South Fork many times since then but never have considered Fun Valley again. Customers beware.....if the owners have a poor attitude you can probably expect the same from the employees.

• Stayed June 2013
14 Thank Whistlebritch

Travellers are raving about these South Fork hotels

Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

John O.
We stayed seven days with 2 grand daughters and had a very good time.Never meet one grouchy person. Would take my grand kids again. Never smelled the fire. Very relaxing place. Plenty of stuff for any family member to do. My wife and grand daughters really liked the Horse back ride.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This place is great....lots of things to do while "camping" with the kids! Great value and southern hospitality. Paddle boats! Fishing to die for! Mini golf! You name it! I especially love rib-eye night!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank TommyknockerTav... C
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Fun Valley is a dynamic mix of retired individuals, mid-generation rv'ers, and young camping families. So, of course you're going to have a mix of diverse personalities. We have visited 3 summers now, 10 days each stay. 2 times with family (3 campers full), and once by ourselves (me and my husband and our 2 dogs). And always, always, always, a visit to remember. Yes, we have encountered cranky folks, but for every unpleasant individual, there have been numberous friendly and helpful people to make up for it. Never has the park been dirty or unkept so I don't know where those reviews are coming from. No issues with the bathrooms, showers, restaurant, fishing, gift shop, horseback riding, paddle boats, snack shop, grocery store, front desk staff, camp hosts, camp sites, miniature golf, recreation room, neighbors...anything at all.

My husband and I have traveled alot and trust me...no matter where you go, or where you stay (even the finest of accommodations)...you can run into people who have absolutely no sense of customer service. Just take a breath...count to 10...and have a great day. And enjoy Fun Valley and all it offers. You'll make memories to last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Remember, Fun Valley has been around for awhile. The accommodations are rustic. It's camping a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tonya H
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very disappointing on customer service. Due to recent fires in the area, we attempted to cancel our reservations because of medical issues, but were denied since we were inside their 60 day policy (45 days). Apparently, there is no willingness to work with people with unique issues. Also, whoever heard of a 60 day no refund policy in the travel industry. Most reputable places allow a 48-hour notice before losing a deposit. I guess they are more concerned about the dollar than providing customer service. Your outrageous policy should allow some forgiveness based on individual circumstances. They are now guaranteed to never see any future visits from me or my family, and I will make sure everyone else is forewarned...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family