“Awesome Trip - Highly Recommend!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Fork
Fun Valley Family Resort
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Trip - Highly Recommend!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a week's stay at Fun Valley with my family and we LOVED it! There is so much to do (mini golf, horseback riding, fishing, biking, rec hall, live music, and paddle boats) - there was something for everyone. The food was delicious and everything was very reasonably priced. Every employee was extremely nice and helpful, they made our stay wonderful. We can't wait to go back for more fun!!! Also, we felt very safe while staying there and it was nice to let the kids have some freedom in a safe environment.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank EJackson5

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hobbs
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've spent at least 10 plus vacations here. I can see they are attempting some updates. Very kid and pet friendly. Loads to do. No horseback riding this year! Very disappointed. Bath house clean enough, but lots of cob webs that could easily be cleaned. The train NEEDS an update. Train cars and jeep could use some TLC. The tarps they used are shameful!!! And seats are falling apart. This is one of my favorite parts of fun valley and very hopeful they will pull it together! On a BETTER NOTE. Paddle boats a blast and breakfast was great! Snack shack KYLE BUGRERS are a must. Campfires and people waving to say Hi are the best! And the fishing is awesome!I've came here as a kid and now bring my family here, and hope to continue and bring the next generation.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank dotc22
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I love love Fun Valley!! Amazing family fun! The rooms and cabins could be updated but that doesn't stop us from going there. Great people who own the place. It's like a "little Texas" in the mountains.

• Stayed July 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few nights (most recently July 2013) while we passed through as a place to sleep while visiting other family staying here. It has 450 RV sites and sits right next to HWY US160 running the length of the place. Nothing says camping like the sound of highway traffic a few yards away. The grounds themselves consists of a couple of looping roads on either end that are in mainly treed areas with a large open field like area sandwiched in between. Wherever a site could be placed, there is one. You are literally within a few feet of your neighbors. I believe they have only two shower houses here so be prepared.

They do have many amenities such as a creek/river that goes through the grounds that you can tube down, mini golf, a game room, fishing in their "ponds", paddle boats, bicycle rental; etc. Remember, all of this is packed in this one place. I think the best way to describe Fun Valley is to picture a town of a 2000 people (I would estimate at least 80% of these visitors are from TX or OK) and squeeze all of them and their RVs and trailers into a few acres....and that's Fun Valley.

If you like experiencing the Colorado outdoors as much as we do, skip this place. There are MANY other NFS, BLM, National and State Park campgrounds to choose from in this beautiful state.

8 Thank Lance S

Travellers are raving about these South Fork hotels

Kansas
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My family and I have stayed here 5-6 years and it has always been a wonderful experience!! My daughter has gone horse back riding and said it was beautiful sensory!! My son played miniature golf all day :) we did paddle boats as well. If your looking for a good family oriented place this is it!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dreaminofcolorado
West, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was my first visit to Fun Valley, however my boyfriend and his family have been going nearly 38 years.
My first impression is that it is older and needs a bit of paint, tons of people on bikes and walking dogs. I will say the park itself was clean and people with dogs were respectful and picked up after their dogs.
You can eat in the dinning hall, snack shack, or on your own.
For most meals, I'd recommend bringing your own snacks and planning lunches and dinners at the rv or cabin- (they do offer motel rooms, I am not sure if they have a refrigerator or kitchen unit in them), only because most of the food in in the dining hall is average (but still better than cooking it yourself if you don't want to cook lol).
There is also a mini grocery and gas station on site.

2 Thank MtCowpony
Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We took a short trip to Fun Valley staying in our travel trailer. Our initial thought upon entering the facilities was that it was too crowded. We had been invited by family members who stay here several months out of every year in their 5th wheel. We do not usually stay at these type of camping facilities. Though it was a slight tight fit into our space, we actually enjoyed our friendly neighbors on all sides of us. Everyone was so helpful and nice that we didn't mind how close we were. We took our bikes and I'm glad we did. Our kids rode all around the huge facilities without a care in the world. It was like one big happy friendly community with a ton of kids everywhere. They have a lot of activities like paddle boats, tubing in the river, horseback riding, recreation room, dining facilities if you don't want to cook yourself, dance hall with a live band. We had such a great time here we will definitely return next year. My children absolutely loved it here and all the employees and patrons were very friendly. My kids even participated in the talent show and won 2nd place. We took a 2 hour long horseback riding trip and it was a blast. We went up and down very steep hills and the scenery was absolutely beautiful.

4 Thank frodo33