“Friendly service, good night's sleep”

Wolf Creek Ski Lodge
Charlotte, NC
“Friendly service, good night's sleep”
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

My brother and I stayed the night Saturday while Wolf Creek got 17" of snow. We really appreciated the hospitality Sheri and Bob provided. Enjoyed talking to Bob over the continental breakfast. Room was comfortable, convenient, and a great value. We hope to go back sometime. The powder skiing was incredible. Wolf Creek gets the most snow in Colorado. Thanks Bob and Sheri.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at the Wolf Creek Ski Lodge for our ski trip after reading great reviews of this place. The owners Bob and Sherry are genuinely helpful and did not dissapoint! We had to delay our trip by a day due to bad weather and the Bob was able to re-arrange our reservation without having to change rooms. As the ski bums gather for breakfast each morning, Bob would tell us the road conditions. Sherry also recommended us to a very good restaurant in town. Overall, a great experience.

Our room was very clean and warm, with enough space to accomodate our clunky ski clothes and equipment (although a full length mirror would be nice when two people are getting ready at the same time). There is also a hot tub onsite. Additionally, the hotel serves a decent continental breakfast, and the owners are very diligent about keeping hot coffee available during breakfast time.

It's obvious that the owners are hard workers who take pride in their business. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I must start off saying that this the warmest, most friendly place my wife and I had every stayed at. The owners Bob and Sherry are very friendly, and pay very close attention to the needs of their guests. On the day we were to arrive the roads in Texas were bad due to snow and ice; Bob was able accommodate us by moving our three night stay back a day, and even arranged it so we wouldn't have to change rooms in the middle of our stay, which we really appreciated.

The room itself is basic, clean, and cared for. It has everything you need. From my conversations with Bob it sounds like they did a lot to bring this property back. And judging from the pride they take in their property I would expect things to only improve in time. While this may not be the fanciest place I have ever stayed, it is the warmest, and the owners truly care about their guests. If I happen to make my way out to South Fork again I would look forward to staying at the Wolf Creek Ski Lodge.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2013

On our way to Colorado from Oklahoma a blizzard came through the area and shut down the roads to South Fork. I was in contact with Bob and Sherry throughout the day and they constantly gave me updates on the road conditions and travel advise. I could not make it to South Fork for my first night scheduled stay due to the weather and the owners graciously offered to take that day off my reservation (try that at another hotel).

Rooms were clean and comfortable. The lodge has two hot tubs that were very hot and much needed after a long day on the mountain. Would recommend this ski lodge to anyone and I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 December 2012

On my way to Big Sky, Mt, I stopped to snowboard at Wolf Creek Ski resort since it had the most snow in all of CO. I found this place on the internet.

I talked to Bob. From the moment I talked to him, I knew this guy was a good guy. Friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I stayed one night at his place. I was going to stay two but plans changed and Bob was able to work with me. The room was clean, warm, and decent. Not a brand new place but worked good. Nice continental breakfast. I forgot a bag and he called me to get it. I forgot my pillow, he found it for me. He had discounted lift tickets as well.

They have two nice hot tubs to soak at night.

I recommend this place just for the service from Bob. I have travelled all over the world in the last 13 months and Bob is truly the friendliest owner/manager I have met.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FECTraveler
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Owners are what makes the property. Room is small but clean. Hot tubs are a bonus. We stayed in Room #106. Beds older but firm. Great location if Wolf Creek Ski Area is in your travel plans. I would return!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Drew A
Smyer, Texas
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We will be back. Such a great hotel that is affordable and clean. The owners were very very nice. They said it was slow so they gave us an upgrade and moved us next to the hot tub. They sold us discounted tickets to Wolf Creek. He noticed I was a firefighter and said he appreciated it. We felt very welcomed and will return again. 8200 Ski Shop is good for ski rentals and The Stash is a great place to eat. Make sure you have a full tank of gas and groceries before arriving because they are high. Which its a small town so its understandable. I have never stayed at a better hotel than this one.

• Stayed December 2012