“Enjoyed my stay immensely - Service, comfort, cleanliness all 5 star”

Snowy Pine Cabins & RV
Snowy Pine Cabins & RV
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I stayed at Chinook for one night on my way through South Fork by bike. The owner gave me a warm welcome and set me up in the 100 year old refurbished Grandma cabin. It was so cozy, comfortable and had all the modern ammenities to compliment the rustic mountain charm, making it hard to leave the next day. Thanks Chinook for going to the extra effort to make my stay a memorable pleasure. Wish I could come back for the homemade smoked meats and pulled brisket sandwiches that must be delicious.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jnboggess

Reviewed 13 September 2010

My husband and I were looking for a quiet get a way after his cancer treatment. What a wonderful surprise. We love the mountains, being from Oklahoma. We wanted a place that was quiet, cool (after suffering through the Oklahoma heat) and basically relaxing. We found this website, and I promise you, it is exactly what they say it is. We rented Grandma's cabin. Cute, quaint, and cozy. Not the Taj Mahal, but if you are looking for a place to get away from it all, this is for you. The owners were more than accommodating, very friendly, and welcoming. The smokehouse restaurant is awsome. If you just want a place to relax, enjoy the mountains, and chill out, Chinook Lodge is the place. Oh, we took our dog Lucy with us and she loved it. Said to tell you that she will go back anytime. Hope to make it back maybe this winter sometime. Close to Wolf Creek Ski area, but maybe just to enjoy the snow.

1  Thank littlelucytulsa
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Our visit to Chinook Lodge was during late June, My wife and two teenage girls had no problems keeping occupied. The weather was fantastic, you will want to sit outside and enjoy the crisp blue sky and scenery. Property backups up to a mountain so you have some very nice scenery to enjoy. The Rio Grande River is across the street from the property.
There are 9 cabins which all have a different decorating theme, property also has 18 RV sites with full hookups. We stayed in a cabin with a fully outfitted kitchen, all utensils, frig, stove. The cabin had a fireplace and TV but we had no time for that. Outside the cabin was a grill and table which we took full advantage, the local grocery store is very near the property. We had lunch at the sandwich shop and smokehouse on the property, very good food and lots of it, good value for the dollar. We also sampled some of their jerky produced at the smokehouse, trust me you will want to take a few pounds with you, the flavor was awesome. The grounds are well maintained.
After talking with the owners Rich and Debby, we found there are numerous activities in the area for year round enjoyment. Horseback Riding, Four Wheeling, Rafting, Mountain Biking, Snowmobiling, Hunting, Hiking, Skiing, Fishing, Camping, Golf, ATV riding. In my opinion it would be a fantastic place to stay during ski season instead of hanging out at the local ski resort. Rich and Debby made us feel at home, we enjoyed a bonfire and shared many stories with other guests during our visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband & I stayed in the Route 66 cabin for one night. Due to a
health issue that could have compromised our stay, Rich & Debbie
happily offered Us & upgrade in our lodging that better suited my needs.
Along with being ever so friendly, their understanding was much appreciated.
I would definitely recommend the CHINOOK as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We enjoyed staying in the Route 66 cabin. We found it comfortable, clean and charming. We also enjoyed evening fires around the fire pit. The owners were friendly and accommodating .

Reviewed 31 July 2010

It was a great experience to stay in these historic cabins. Some of the unique features are the age, history and design of these cabins. We stayed in one called the Route 66. The low doorways, log walls, and windows that can be opened in the evening to let the cool mountain breeze filter its way through the main room, lets your imagination dream of how it might have been 100 years ago. These are real cabins and not the Holiday Inn. I think anyone would enjoy this kind of atmospher in the mountains. We hope to go back fo many years to come. Also the Smokehouse food is wonderful.

1  Thank joem670
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The owners of this lodge are the most down to earth and friendly people we have ever encountered in such a facility. All of the cabins are decorated in different themes. Our goal was to find a place to stay in Southern Colorado that was nice and peaceful. We stayed in Route 66. This quaint little cabin meet All our our needs. This cabin was clean and well kept. The period frunishings were nice and clean as well. The kitchen was well equiped for our stay. We really enjoyed the cool night air breezes that came into the cabin. I would highly recommend lodge as well as this cabin. We will be returning!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family