“They care about their business!”
Review of Spruce Lodge

Spruce Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Fork
Denver, Colorado
“They care about their business!”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Hi,

The owners of this hotel really care about their business. Originally, I had a bad experience. The walls are kind of thin in this place, and I had really noisy neighbors. The owners felt so badly about the situation that they refunded my stay and gave me a voucher for another stay. They didn't need to do this, but it made me feel valued which most hotels probably wouldn't do. The rooms are newly remodeled, so they are very nice and comfortable. If you have any problems when you are staying there, just call them and they'll do their best to make you happy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Keith R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Rob and Dee were truly hospitable! They gave us a great experience. Close to Wolf Creek ski area. The restaurant has the best breakfast in town and if you just want a continental breakfast they have a great selection there as well. Way to go Rob and Dee. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Edstarcher
Henderson, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our family stayed at the Spruce Lodge for the first time this past weekend. We stayed for 3 nights and had a wonderful time! The lodge and outbuildings were beautiful and you can tell that a lot of hard work has gone in to the Spruce Lodge by the owners. The remodeling of the upstairs in the lodge was gorgeous and the owners were very welcoming and friendly. The continental breakfast had tons of options (more than I've seen at other hotels and bed and breakfasts that we've stayed at previously) and the breakfast served in the restaurant was a great value as well. All in all, we loved it and would recommend the Spruce Lodge to anyone traveling to the South Fork area!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon S
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family has stayed at the Spruce Lodge twice while skiing at Wolf Creek. Both times we have had good stays and really enjoy how friendly the owners are. South Fork is a better place to stay when skiing than Pegosa Springs since it is closer and when the snow is flying you can still get to Wolf Creek even if it is dumping heavily, not the case in Pegosa Springs. We have not stayed in any of the cabins, only the main lodge which has a great old charm as it is nearly 100 years old.

The Spruce Lodge is also Veteran-friendly with a reserved space for Veterans. We plan to go back whenever we are skiing at Wolf Creek because of how friendly the owners are.

Room Tip: If you are picky about pillows, bring your own pillow. My wife and I have My Pillow brand pillows a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John K
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 13 December 2012

beautiful property and small hometown feel ... private Jacuzzi in each room with fireplace ... Dee (who runs the place) is amazing and ever so helpful with local attractions and activities ...
can't wait to return for my next trip!

Room Tip: no swimming pool but hot tub on premise
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yesenia s
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Spruce lodge a couple times and have no complaints. It isn't a 4 sar hotel but its a cute lodge with clean rooms, good prices, free breakfast, and its close to the slopes. They recently remodeled some of the rooms so they are better than my first stay. The staff is super friendly! We love staying at Spruce!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I would come back as much as I could. The service was great and the owners were super helpful and friendly. I loved the layout of our room and the whole place. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was amazing and not badly priced. I also liked having the option of a continental breakfast since we were staying there. My boyfriend and I are planning on coming back in the spring when we can go rafting.

• Stayed November 2012
#2 of 2 in South Fork
Wolf Creek Ski Lodge
Wolf Creek Ski Lodge
#1 of 19 in South Fork

Been to Spruce Lodge? Share your experiences!