“Yum!”

Add it.
Chocolate Soup Pastry Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We popped into Chocolate Soup to escape the craziness of Fuzziwigs down the street. The kids wanted ice cream and my husband and I wanted something more grown up. Chocolate Soup serves ice cream made by a company in Boulder. Their flavor selection is small but unique. Our boys loved their well portioned ice cream cones. I opted for a Raspberry Chocolate muffin and a blueberry lemonade. Both were fantastic, not relying on sugar to taste great. They were just sweet enough. My husband had a latte that was also great. My only regret is that we didn't buy some other items to take with us. Now that we're back home, I'm wishing I could drop in again to try some more of their treats.

1  Thank Denglerfamilyfour

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Yep, the macaroons ARE that good....and the shortbread, and the cocoa nib cookies, and the florentines were the best ever...go there...buy cookies...buy more than you think you need.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I'm a local and have been going to Chocolate Soup for years, but lately I've noticed the customer service going down hill. I recently purchased a large order of chocolate croissants because I was having our of town guests. My husband picked them up and when he arrived home I noticed several of them were burned! When he went to get them replaced, the "manager" was more interested in taking care of her kid behind the counter than helping us resolve the issue. Her response to our request to replace them was to say that some people like them burned, and was so surprised that we didn't. She wasn't going to replace them, but my husband insisted. She was terribly rude about the whole thing. I was loyal and spent quite a bit of money in the past at this cafe, but I won't be returning, and I my suggestion is unless you like things burned, you avoid it as well.

Adventure_Somm, General Manager at Chocolate Soup Pastry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

I apologize for your last visit to Chocolate Soup, though we strive to accommodate all of our guests sometimes we fall short as does everybody in their lives. We are constantly trying to make our service and products better and have made some recent changes to encourage this. I am sorry that your pastries where not completely to your liking. We do attempt to cater to all needs by baking our pastries to all levels both under-cooked and over-cooked as well as everywhere in between. If you find yourself back in town I encourage you to come back in and see me and the changes I am continually making. Thank you for your past patronage and I hope you will not let one bad experience taint all the good ones you have had in the past.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

the soup was fresh and made daily the pastries were unique and delicious ! we were only in town three days and we stopped there two of them !

Thank you for great review we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Steamboat.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

This place is OK but not great if you are a chocolate fanatic. We tried a variety of their chocolates, nothing really stood out. We went due to a recommendation from other travellers who recommended their carrot cake, but with a name like Chocolate Soup, we felt like we should try the chocolates!

I am sorry you did not find our Chocolates to your standard. I would like to point out that we are actually a Pastry Cafe and not necessarily a Chocolatier, though we do enjoy our Chocolates. The Name Chocolate Soup actually refers to our Signature Coffee drink which includes melted Swiss Chocolate and two shots of espresso. You certainly should have listened to the recommendation for the Carrot Cake!